The MT-07 Forum

Michiganders

norcal616

• Premium Member

Nice... I should have noticed under your profile your bike list ?

Is Grattan picky about noise or no? Im currently running with no baffle but will have it with me just in case...

I can also meet up with you along the way and follow... If not I will try to find you around the pits and say hello...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Nice... I should have noticed under your profile your bike list ? 
Is Grattan picky about noise or no? Im currently running with no baffle but will have it with me just in case...

I can also meet up with you along the way and follow... If not I will try to find you around the pits and say hello...
I'm coming from Big Rapids of you want to meet up that's cool. I will have a big white truck that says GRANGER on it. Noise is no problem

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

Thay was a fun day at Grattan with @jake ...saw 3 FZ-07s, one had a Hordpower Airbox! And saw 4 FZ-09s... Grattan is a pretty neat track for my first ever track day...Gained more insight on how ride on a track with proper body postion and braking, staying in 1 gear majority of the time around the track was the big lesson today the instructors had planned for us novices... It was a huge change of pace for me compared to motocross in terms of braking styles, body position mainly...I will go again...Im curious to see what photos they got of me ?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

I am totally wiped out lol

• Premium Member

I came home after the track ate some pizza and fell asleep at 7 pm and woke up around 8 am this morning lol

• Premium Member

I got home, installed my Higdonion cage on my FJ-09 after I made it road legal again, took a 123543677 min long shower, passed out around 9pm, woke up at 4am, went back to bed and woke up at 2pm...

• Premium Member

Photos/videos from the event will be posted on Fox Powersports Facebook page this week...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Thay was a fun day at Grattan with @jake ...saw 3 FZ-07s, one had a Hordpower Airbox! And saw 4 FZ-09s... Grattan is a pretty neat track for my first ever track day...Gained more insight on how ride on a track with proper body postion and braking, staying in 1 gear majority of the time around the track was the big lesson today the instructors had planned for us novices... It was a huge change of pace for me compared to motocross in terms of braking styles, body position mainly...I will go again...Im curious to see what photos they got of me ?
It's actually a diy airbox but really similar to the hordpower. You should have stopped over and said hi! 
My friends and I had a blast. I've done thousands of laps at Grattan in the racecar, but doing it on a bike was the most fun I've ever had. Looking for a 600 track bike now. I'm hooked.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
It's actually a diy airbox but really similar to the hordpower. You should have stopped over and said hi! 
My friends and I had a blast. I've done thousands of laps at Grattan in the racecar, but doing it on a bike was the most fun I've ever had. Looking for a 600 track bike now. I'm hooked.

I got a few coworkers who also spin laps at Grattan regularly, one is an engineer who's currently building a 600hp kit car for Grattan last I checked 

• 8 months later...

Grand Rapids here. Excited for my first summer riding season. Had my ninja all winter and put on 2600 miles. Trying to get to 600 miles before Wednesday for my break in. 

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Littlebriar

Harbor Beach up in the Thumb. Just got my 2017 FZ-07 last week at Caro Powersports. Am currently researching ECU flash and suspension upgrades. Planning to take it to Grattan this Monday (5/21) for the BMW dealer sponsored event. Hope it doesn't rain.

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

Archived