• Premium Member

I saw a guy here in Big Rapids looked like a black one with clip-ons

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Midland here.

Question: This is my first bike, and I was wondering is there anything I should be doing for my bike when storing it for the winter - battery tender, etc.? Any info or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Premium Member

Best thing is a garage or storage unit, cover bike with blanket to keep dust off, I plug the exhaust with old shop rag and pull the seat to plug the airbox intake, fresh oil change if you want, I try to keep a full tank of gas with some fuel stabilizer, take the battery out and store it inside your house, chain is coated with chain wax at the last moment..some ppl use bike stands or place carpet under tires for what ever reason they think the cold concrete is gonna make the tires unusable (?)after winter storage...and if you have plans for mods or suspension upgrades do them just as winter hits or you are gonna get stressed out if you wait till last min to do mods or suspension upgrades ( Feb thru may/June is a super super busy time to try to get suspension upgrades done, just a fair warning)....

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

Put a few hundred miles on the bike this past week around Yankee Springs and NE of grand rapids. Roads were reasonably clean and it feels great to ride in February. Passed a few fz's, any of you been riding in the West Michigan area?

Put a few hundred miles on the bike this past week around Yankee Springs and NE of grand rapids. Roads were reasonably clean and it feels great to ride in February. Passed a few fz's, any of you been riding in the West Michigan area?
I took mine to work one day this last week, from Hastings area to GR via M37.  The weekend before I took it in to Hastings to grab a sandwich.

• Premium Member

I just may have to after this heavy rain we are getting around Grand Rapids...will have to see how well the rain got roads cleaned up from all the winter salt/dirt patches...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Every time I commute to work i put on 120 miles. I work in Dearborn. Road to work twice last week. All in all, I bought my fz-07 on March 8th and now I have 11,000+ miles on it.

On another note, I just got back from a trip to Texas (trailered down there 25.5 hrs.) where me and 7 others rode 750 miles over two days, which included the Three Sisters.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Texas/The-Three-Sisters-(AKA-The-Twisted-Sisters)--Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html#sthash.wnrQvJwv.dpbs

• 2 weeks later...

Kzoo rider here. Anyone try riding in that wind yesterday? I took it out in my subdivision just to get a feeling for it and it was crazy bad. Still kind of fun though!

ducttapewd40
Kzoo rider here. Anyone try riding in that wind yesterday? I took it out in my subdivision just to get a feeling for it and it was crazy bad. Still kind of fun though!

Nope, but my power just came on from being out since yesterday morning, so that's cool.

Nope, but my power just came on from being out since yesterday morning, so that's cool.
That sucks! I was lucky and didn't lose power at all. Some people are supposed to be out until Sunday or Monday....

• Premium Member
Took a video near my house around Yankee Springs/Gun Lake. Beautiful area. 
https://youtu.be/7cg3YZDFgzg
Just watched the video on youtube. Why does it say it's filmed in Guadalajara Mexico ? lol
Haha that's a throwback to the days when writing that was enough to shield you from the police when filming yourself breaking traffic laws.

• Premium Member

Also if anyone is interested Fox Powersports just opened registration for their customer trackdays at Grattan and gingerman. I signed up for both. I've driven thousands of laps at both tracks in cars, but never on a bike. Extremely excited, I'll probably have a dedicated track bike soon lol

http://foxpowerblog.com/shop

• Premium Member
Also if anyone is interested Fox Powersports just opened registration for their customer trackdays at Grattan and gingerman. I signed up for both. I've driven thousands of laps at both tracks in cars, but never on a bike. Extremely excited, I'll probably have a dedicated track bike soon lol 
http://foxpowerblog.com/shop
Purchased yesterday lol. Hit me up if you want some company...not me Im a dick  but I know some nice guys there haha. I'll be in Novice still but plan on a bump this year sometime. I'll probably pick up a few more days at gratton also.  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Haha that's a throwback to the days when writing that was enough to shield you from the police when filming yourself breaking traffic laws.
Gotcha. Lol I almost left some nasty youtube comment for hijacking a video and then giving false info in the description, but then I saw the username was the same as yours.

• Premium Member

Took advantage of the sale...signed up for June 2nd,novice class at Grattan...never raced on a track, but have raced a few Motocross races and plenty of laps at US 131 drag strip...then the following weekend june 9-11 i will be at US 131 for the Import VS Domestic battle my good friends put on... 

p><p> <a href=http://preview.ibb.co/gy5NVa/16265653_573019359560229_424844605903382795_n.jpg' alt='16265653_573019359560229_424844605903382795_n.jpg'>

file upload image

Archived