The MT-07 Forum

Who's Made 10K/16KM Thread!

motomeek

• Premium Member

About 8800 miles here since early May this year... Only 100 of them was done with a tuned ECU :D ... Already miss the sound of the Leo Vince exhaust :,,,,(

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Thought it'd be fun to share a photo since I passed 10K yesterday. Anyone else make it yet? I'm sure there's a few of you! 

I'm just over 5k. BTW, you shouldn't lane split @ 115 mph.  ;)

Beemer

• Premium Member
Thanks @Beemer. I'll be sure to keep the speed down.  8-)

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Thanks @beemer . I'll be sure to keep the speed down.  8-)
Ha! Man, I wish at times we could lane split here, you guys are so lucky. I would just about bet money that some old geezer would see me coming and close the gap on me. You know how they don't like kids on their lawn and bikes between their cars.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Thanks @beemer . I'll be sure to keep the speed down.  8-)
Ha! Man, I wish at times we could lane split here, you guys are so lucky. I would just about bet money that some old geezer would see me coming and close the gap on me. You know how they don't like kids on their lawn and bikes between their cars.
If I couldn't lane split, I might not be riding, or riding as often (commuting to work). Traffic is way too bad here that you'd just be a sitting duck roasting in the sun otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I've had a few close calls of the gap closing in. I don't think any of them have ever been intentional... some just can't drive in a straight line or are on their phones, etc.  
But maybe take a trip over to CA? 

• Global Moderator

Its definitely nice being able to split... whenevr i go out to LA i find myself stuck in traffic....
then remember that i can split around the same time it starts to move
CA drivers scare the shit out of me though

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Some day maybe, some day. :-S  That's one helluva long ride but you know, cruising through the redwood forest would be cool as hell.

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Some day maybe, some day. :-S  That's one helluva long ride but you know, cruising through the redwood forest would be cool as hell.
Yes it is! Visit us in Nor Cal and we can do that!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Maybe ill take you up on that hippie
It was midnight last time i drove through redwood

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

hippiebikerchick 

Thanks for the offer, I would love that! Maybe if I could rent a motor home and bring bikie with me. (!)

Beemer

• Premium Member

DO it! I'll drive up north if we all want to ride through the Redwoods!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I got close to 13,000 miles since I bought it in August 2015 

That's a lot of miles in such a short time dude. I'm at 22k, closing in on the valve service. Need her to last me through school, then will pick up an r9t as my graduation gift.

• Premium Member

I got close to 13,000 miles since I bought it in August 2015 

That's a lot of miles in such a short time dude. I'm at 22k, closing in on the valve service. Need her to last me through school, then will pick up an r9t as my graduation gift.

I use it for my commute to work every day, I put 150 miles every time I go to work and back, I just hope the motor would last for a few years
91b97a0978cbc8e73ed905172feaeefa.jpg

• 3 months later...

Wow, it is remarkable how much some of you guys ride in an year!

I`m hoping to see many more new members of the 10K+ group in the near future.

Anybody wants to start a prop bet on who gets to 100k miles first !? :D

Even though I will not be participating, I am willing to donate to the prize pool to make things more interesting and appealing to all possible contenders. Maybe we can make it a community event, @admin??

MT-07 Prospect

I packed the FZ 07 away last October with 19K on the clock. Just got it out and changed stock PR3s to Dunlop Sportmax Q3s and changed the chain and sprockets. I will probably use it again as daily ride through the summer. Tires pressures I use are typically 35psi-front and 40psi-back. I weigh about 250lbs on a good day :)

These Q3s are very comfortable so far. Nice turns-ins and leaned over grip. No idea about the rain yet. I feel like I am doing my typical corner speeds, but there is still like a 2 inch chicken strip on both tires! I don't think i can go faster on my normal roads without taking unnecessary risks hehe. Since getting back on the little guy, I have been driving aggressively on the streets, zipping around, shooting gaps, braking hard, exiting curves with oomph. Its just I am grinning all the way through, but should slow down.

Even though I will not be participating, I am willing to donate to the prize pool to make things more interesting and appealing to all possible contenders. Maybe we can make it a community event, @admin ??
Shouldn't everyone be starting off in a contest at 0 miles for the contest to be fair?

Beemer

Even though I will not be participating, I am willing to donate to the prize pool to make things more interesting and appealing to all possible contenders. Maybe we can make it a community event, @admin ??
Shouldn't everyone be starting off in a contest at 0 miles for the contest to be fair?
You are right.

Let's call it a "Community Award", or recognition, then :P

To me it sounds like a big deal to be the first rider in pretty big community, like ours, that reaches a psychological milestone on new bike model (especially on a non-touring one). And the achivement is worth being noticed.

We could at least get an interview with the person that will provide the first proof of 100k and get it published in a magasine or an important website/blog.

This could also mean some exposure for our community ;)

MT-07 Prospect

Archived