The MT-07 Forum

Typical operating temps

waktasz

I commuted to work on my month old FZ-07 today for the first time. Encountered some nice Philly traffic at the end of my ride and noticed the temps climbing up to 210 degrees F.  I've never seen it get that high yet. When moving it's in the high 170s or 180 range so 210 just surprised me. I couldn't tell if the fan was running or not.  Is that normal?

Thanks!

Its fine. My bike operates at a steady 80°C when moving, in really hot temperatures while stopped for a while or moving very slowly (traffic jams) it'll climb up over 100°C but the fan keeps it from going over 106°C.

Heya Wak!

Im glad you listened to Anthony and grabbed an FZ!!!!

Down here in Florida, i am routinely running 215-220 degrees when the bike is sitting. When im moving about 178-180.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

It's about the same temps where I am at too. 170-190 (f) when in motion and can get up to about 210 when stopped for a while. The fact is the FZ-07 is water cooled and has a fan if the temperature gets too high means that as long as the fan is functioning you shouldn't have a problem.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Sounds good. I've just never seen it that high...I'm not usually sitting still for long enough :)

• Premium Member

The fan kicks on exactly at 220* for me. Then it dives down to low 2s until I get moving again. At least that what it did when I took a 6 hr riding course which didn't even get out of 2nd gear.

Archived