The MT-07 Forum

Mesh Jacket Recommendation?

wojo72

• Global Moderator
Forgot to mention with any jacket you get spring the the better back protector.
YES.... do it. I sprung for the Nucleon KR1-i from alpinestars
i was surprised with it having the thermoplastic outer, at how much mobility there still is.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

This is what I have and I payed about $200 for mine at a different site, it's on sale here for $89.95. It may not be the very best mesh jacket to be in if you go for a slide at high speed but I'd say for the price you'll get your moneys worth. If ventilation is your main concern it vents just like other mesh jackets. 

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/59057/i/scorpion-ventech-ii-jacket

Beemer

• Premium Member

Alpinestar Viper Air is really nice on hot days. Very breathable compared to the Alpinestar Gunner.

Another vote for the Alpinestar T-GP Plus R Air Jacket. I am able to ride most of the year in southern California weather. Has worked great in temperatures up to the mid 90's, although in the winter months I do need to layer up.

This is what I have and I payed about $200 for mine at a different site, it's on sale here for $89.95. It may not be the very best mesh jacket to be in if you go for a slide at high speed but I'd say for the price you'll get your moneys worth. If ventilation is your main concern it vents just like other mesh jackets.  

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/59057/i/scorpion-ventech-ii-jacket
Thanks for bringing that up,that would match my new scorpion neon helmet.   

One thing about my jacket, it feels heavy but no heavier than an Icon jacket with armor. I can't speak for other jackets with armor but I can't imagine them being much lighter being mine is mesh. I'll say this, It was like 90 or 91 the other day and I was ready to ride but when I opened the garage door it was like opening an oven door. the heat index was 103 so I quickly put the jacket back on the hanger and rode w/o it. I would've baked in that thing and I'm sure I would've done the same in any other jacket. The only thing I can think of that might keep a person truly cool on hot days is the vest Cruizin mentioned if worn under a mesh jacket but then you'll have to keep in mind the extra bulk and fit of the jacket over it. It might be quite heavy to wear together, I can't say for sure.

Beemer

Archived