The MT-07 Forum

Introductions - New Owner! OC - Cali

ctai

Hi All,

Literally just picked up my bike yesterday!  First new and first big purchase so I am super excited.  Breaking in the bike now.  Will definitely be looking into mods soon.  Thanks!

IMG_2042_zpsevgvccj1.jpg

- Chris

• Premium Member

Welcome! I'm in the OC every once in awhile, so hopefully I'll see you around! Great color choice! haha.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome! Excellent color choice. We are in the same boat, also was my first big and brand new purchase ever, exciting! May i suggest a few first mods? Fender eliminator, led turn signals, and blacked out radiator + radiator guard. All can be done for under $100 and it really transforms the look of bike. This guy on eBay sells fender eliminators along with 2 sets of led turn signals for like $60, which is where I got mine from. I am not affiliated btw, just think it's a great deal. Ride safe!

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

captainbeard714

Haha. Im new from Orange County too man! Same color as well lol. And I recognize that's mission motorsports haha! Im always getting dirt bike parts there. And pretty sure I probably laid eyes on your exact bike there lol. Got mine from Berts Mega Mall though.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome ctai! Glad you joined our little group!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome! Excellent color choice. We are in the same boat, also was my first big and brand new purchase ever, exciting! May i suggest a few first mods? Fender eliminator, led turn signals, and blacked out radiator + radiator guard. All can be done for under $100 and it really transforms the look of bike. This guy on eBay sells fender eliminators along with 2 sets of led turn signals for like $60, which is where I got mine from. I am not affiliated btw, just think it's a great deal. Ride safe!
Is this what you were talking about? $69 dolla!  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT-07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2014-2015-BLACK-4T-S-/331315363435?hash=item4d23ef3e6b&vxp=mtr

Are the turn signal's led's as bright as the stock ones in the day light (Big selling point for me) and do the led's at the tips stay on all the time? Wiring easy? I do like the price.

Beemer

@beemer yup that is the same one i bought. LEDs are very bright. I am concerned I annoy people while using them at night. I don't think the tips stay running. I will check when back home. BTW I was originally going to buy the yoshimura fender elim because it doesn't stick out as far, but the price difference I couldn't justify, and on the yoshimura you need turn signal adapter plates

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the support :)

Fender eliminator is def something doable soon! I'll look into it and thanks for the suggestions!

@beemer yup that is the same one i bought. LEDs are very bright. I am concerned I annoy people while using them at night. I don't think the tips stay running. I will check when back home. BTW I was originally going to buy the yoshimura fender elim because it doesn't stick out as far, but the price difference I couldn't justify, and on the yoshimura you need turn signal adapter plates
Ok, thanks! I have to mention, as I read further down in the description of the kit it said the front turn signals (only) will need adapters. Did you have to buy adapters for yours?

Beemer

@beemer I didn't buy adapter, thought they are overpriced. You can reuse the stock turn signal flexible rubber part by unscrewing it from the original. It leaves a little hole exposed on the rubber part but I can live with it (for now lol). I will try and take a picture when I get off work.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member

Welcome and awesome color choice... motodynamic tail light and cheap 35 dollar fender eliminator cleans the back end up nicely  ::)

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

@beemer I didn't buy adapter, thought they are overpriced. You can reuse the stock turn signal flexible rubber part by unscrewing it from the original. It leaves a little hole exposed on the rubber part but I can live with it (for now lol). I will try and take a picture when I get off work.

IMG_0435_zpsv8fuvbsh.jpg

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

ryan4130 I see ... it does look a little odd but probably not noticeable to anyone unless they're standing next to the bike, observing it. Hmmmm ... to buy or not to buy. How much were the adapters?

Beemer

Cheapest I could find were off eBay at $10 for two plastic ones (which I hear break) or $15 for two metal ones. I think cycle hear also sells the adapter plates in a thicker plastic for our bike for around $12 but they have been out of stock at my local store so I cant comment in their quality

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome to the forum, The FZ was the first new vehicle that I bought too. While your at it vote for your favorite color and drop a pin on the map so we know where you are!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Archived