The MT-07 Forum

Thoughts on this Puig screen?

belleau1977

• Premium Member
belleau1977

need to see some more angles of this screen but it doesn't look too bad minus the struts on the sides holding it in place. If I get a red or a matte grey FZ I'd get the red screen if I went with this version.

[attachment id=363" thumbnail="1][attachment id=361" thumbnail="1][attachment id=362" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
need to see some more angles of this screen but it doesn't look too bad minus the struts on the sides holding it in place. If I get a red or a matte grey FZ I'd get the red screen if I went with this version. 

I kinda like it. It looks pretty functional too. I would like to see some real profile pics though. The colors would be a bit much. 

• Global Moderator

I wish they had better photos on their website. I think the red on a red bike would be too much. All the red on the bike is already forward and up (for want of a better description) so I think it would look too "heavy". The blue on the gray bike might look good with the blue frame. Someone had put a blue screen on his gray bike and it looked great (which I would not have expected had I not seen the photos).

• Premium Member
belleau1977

I plan on getting extra tank plastics so I can swap colors from white to red to grey when I feel like it so I'm thinking the red screen would look good with grey and white it would most likely pop definitely. Hopefully some more pics come around or when I get back if I buy this I'll put them up.

fzhooligan

I wanted to get the blue sport one but I can't seem to find it anywhere

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

I like that a lot. I think the blue might be a little to much though. Do you know any places that carry it? Might replace my ermax with this.

• 3 months later...

I don't like it. Too big on this stripped down bike.

Makes me think of the Queen from the newer Alien movies. The one that had the ridiculously huge crest on her head.

Grey is a neutral color so if you're real concerned with making things match your bike without having too much of the same colors on it or if too much is contrasting, e.g. black & red this, black & red that, black & red this/that, I suggest you get the grey bike. Most aftermarket stuff should match it as well. Either the red or blue screen would look good on the grey but don't get carried away. Then there's white, the fastest neutral color that covers the whole spectrum to consider. I personally don't think it's TOO big for the bike. Compared to the tall touring model the sport model is alright. I thought i was a naked bike purist til I got sick & tired of all the bug splatter on my shirts.

- I do agree that the crown on the newer alien queen is too big but Sigourney having an humongous alien baby took the cake first.

Beemer

Archived