The MT-07 Forum

Alternative gps mount why didn't I think of this!

belleau1977

• Premium Member
belleau1977

i came across this on the Z1000 forum by accident so I hijacked the pics. Too freaking cool and makes perfect use of the mirror mounts. What have I never thought of this!

[attachment id=355" thumbnail="1][attachment id=354" thumbnail="1]

I am looking to do something similar as I am running bar end mirrors. Can we get info on those pics? I am wanting maybe a little more low profile but super close.

• Premium Member
belleau1977

I stole the pics from a Z1000 forum I have no clue which page they were on but it was on the Z1000 modifications thread is all I can remember.

• Premium Member
belleau1977
I am looking to do something similar as I am running bar end mirrors. Can we get info on those pics? I am wanting maybe a little more low profile but super close.
I don't know what kind of info you need on the pics they kind of speak for themselves as to what the guy did but here's the link. 
http://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z1000-appearance-modifications/120964-project-1-a.html

squintyeyes

I did this on mine. I use the left side to hold a ram ball iphone mount. On the right there is a reverse thread so you have to buy a adapter. I bought this one 

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/yamaha-reverse-thread-mirror-adapter?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&gclid=CIbK7_zb4sUCFQqIaQodMLYAMg

I have a ram ball on that adapter to use with my gopro with ram mount so i can have different angles. I'm at work rn and can post pics when i get home. 

Having your device up that high not being protected by any windshield looks precarious! I would be tethering it down like nobody's business.

Has anyone used the M6 screw RAM ball in place of the stock dash/screen bolt? That looks like a good location since it is centered. I am worried about windshield clearance though

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

squintyeyes
Having your device up that high not being protected by any windshield looks precarious! I would be tethering it down like nobody's business.  
Has anyone used the M6 screw RAM ball in place of the stock dash/screen bolt? That looks like a good location since it is centered. I am worried about windshield clearance though
I bought the M6 screw ram ball, but have not mounted it on anything yet since i have no need. As for the location of my Iphone ram mount. It's directly in the way of the wind with no wind protection whats so ever and it has held up great! I have been 109mph on my fz with the iphone on the ram mount and it didn't budge at all! I'm very impressed by it and will forever be a Ram mount customer.

Hey squintyeyes, can you check the fit for me in that location? Do you have a windscreen?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member

Haha, that's an idea I haven't seen before. Nice way of thinking out of the box.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

squintyeyes
Hey squintyeyes, can you check the fit for me in that location? Do you have a windscreen?
yea im at work so i can try when i have time later. I have the Yamaha factory fly screen.

Archived