The MT-07 Forum

Arrow Exhaust Available

thestache

TwistedTorque

It's a nice alternative but I think, personally, the shorter under exhaust style looks much better on this bike.

It's a nice alternative but I think, personally, the shorter under exhaust style looks much better on this bike.
Arrow is nice (the one they have on the Triumph Street Triple is a work of art) and I am sure the quality is great, but I agree: our bike was designed with a under-exhaust. Akra nailed that part.  

TwistedTorque
[div][/div][div][/div]There is a video of a guy who has one of the Arrow exhausts mounted in the under position. Sounds like exactly what I want when I can finally find a liquid graphite FZ-07 in my area 

Yea I've seen that version in a few videos as Arrow "Short". They just remove the middle/center piece. I think that version looks nice. 

Guest montana07

I like the arrow exhaust a lot with short install, definitely not as much as Akrapovic but it looks good.

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed the Arrow exhaust today and it's really difficult to make a choice, with or without DB-killer.
With, the sound is ok but not "wow"
without, the sound is superbe when you're not on the bike, on the bike it's a bit too much I think.

What are the options now? putting back or adjust the killer. Or riding with earplugs? this brings me to an other question, is it strange to ride with earplugs?

I like how my bike is quiet now, it serves the purpose for my house and when I ride. But the sound in the first video of the arrow exhaust is fantastic.

TwistedTorque
I've installed the Arrow exhaust today and it's really difficult to make a choice, with or without DB-killer. With, the sound is ok but not "wow"
without, the sound is superbe when you're not on the bike, on the bike it's a bit too much I think.

What are the options now? putting back or adjust the killer. Or riding with earplugs? this brings me to an other question, is it strange to ride with earplugs?
I always ride with earplugs and I recommend so does everyone else. Wind noise damages the ears. I could look up some studies again but just from riding I don't feel comfortable without them. 
It is technically illegal in NY to ride with both ears plugged in but I'm willing to take that risk.

Thank you for the link! I will give it a try. Seams to me that there are a lot of people riding with earplugs.

• Global Moderator
I always ride with earplugs and I recommend so does everyone else. Wind noise damages the ears. I could look up some studies again but just from riding I don't feel comfortable without them. 
It is technically illegal in NY to ride with both ears plugged in but I'm willing to take that risk.

Good advice. It's too late for me. I have Tinnitus (a constant hissing sound in my ear) and it is difficult to deal with. It is very annoying, especially when it's quite.
I did not protect my ears and exposed them to long to loud sounds, mainly working on vehicles. 

• Premium Member

Surefire's are great earplugs. I use them shooting and they don't irritate at all.

Ok, I will order Surefire earplugs but wich one should be the best? EP3, EP4 or an other version?

thanks guys!

Good advice. It's too late for me. I have Tinnitus (a constant hissing sound in my ear) and it is difficult to deal with. It is very annoying, especially when it's quite. I did not protect my ears and exposed them to long to loud sounds, mainly working on vehicles. 
I have the same thing. It's definitely very annoying when your in a quiet environment. 

• 3 weeks later...

Back to the Arrow exhaust... I really like the "tucked-under" look!
Is this "short" version something you have to specify when you
buy (different model?) or is it simply a choice of how it gets mounted?

Back to the Arrow exhaust... I really like the "tucked-under" look! Is this "short" version something you have to specify when you
buy (different model?) or is it simply a choice of how it gets mounted?

I believe it's choice. From what I've read I think there's a pipe before the muffler that you can choose to install or leave off. But then you have to figure out how to mount the muffler to the bike via custom mount.

Archived