The MT-07 Forum

New Rider in DFW

darrooh

• Premium Member

Hello Everyone. Been reading and learning from the many posts on here for awhile. Just got my white FZ-07 this past weekend. So far I've put about 100 miles on it when I could, wish I could've gotten to ride more but the rain here in Texas just isn't cooperating.

I first got my license about 6 years ago after my brother-in-law taught me how to operate the cluth and shift through gears. After I officially got the M endorsement he let me ride his 2008 CBR1K.

Now I'm turning 25 soon and my present for myself was a brand new lovely fz07. It's been a long 5 years since I've gotten to ride and after a couple hours I'm slowly but surely remembering and improving my skills. Can't wait till this weather clears up!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome darrooh! That's a nice birthday present, are you planning any mods?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

There are a couple mods I plan on but it's gonna be awhile as I do them one by one, most likely a radiator guard next month. For now just gonna work in getting back in the grove and keeping it upright.

Also question. I just picked it up Thursday. On a couple occasions to me I heard a sound that was similar to what a bicycle chain sounds like when you're just crusing, not peddling. Is that something normal or should I have it checked?

• Premium Member

I heard them white bikes are fast...and welcome..

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome, That sure is a nice looking FZ! I think the 2008 to present CBR1000rrs are some slick looking bikes! Remember to vote for your favorite color and add yourself to the Map!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Archived