The MT-07 Forum

Woodcraft Clip-On Risers W/Adapter Plate

shadowcat

howlinhoss

Very interesting. I saw that on the fz09 forums. Would be curious to see this compared to the Suburban Machinery option. Looks like both are top contenders for the most aggressive bars.

pantheraleo

Those look pretty damn cool.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Used Woodcraft clip ons and rearsets for years. Very, very, very well made and a proper price. I can Really recommend them. This is the first time I have seen this config for clipons and I think I am in. Already replaced std with Reynold ultra lows but these look like a way better option. As per woodcraft usual. Way more adjustable.
Just a note on the video. The guy says that Woodcraft did some research to get the right angle for everybody. This is not actually possible as everybody is different in neutral angle. Both sweep and vertical plane. The angle chosen will be either the best angle for a person they were using or the mean of people they set up for. Even on one person the left and right can have a different neutral position. It makes a HUGE difference to your comfort on long rides. This is also why a particular set of bars can be raved about as brilliantly comfortable and another person hate them with a passion.
To make things more complicated women TEND to need more sweep than men ( primarily to do with shoulder width, elbow angle and wrist angle). With clipons sweep can be adjusted for by rotataing the bars around the forktubes if there is room. Not with the MT07 design though.

• Like 1

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

a little more forward and a little more pullback than the ultralows with a lot more complexity and price.will be very well made like all woodcraft stuff,but i don't know if worth the effort.

• Premium Member

Hmm, I like this concept. Seems like you can mount them either up or down, and the width seems adjustable also since it looks like you can slide the bars in or out of the holder...that's pretty cool.

I see a potential problem with this set up though...interference with the tank at full lock.

With the Suburban Machinery bars, they bars are pretty much in-line with the clapms. At full lock, the bars fit perfectly in the pocket where the Black air intake plastic piece meets the tank plastics.

If the Woodcraft bars are below the clamps, I would think they would contact the Black plastic air intakes, and if they are mounted above, I'd think they'd contact the plastic tank panels, no?

I really do like the adjustability of these, but I'd wonder about clearance at full lock.

Anyone try these yet?

- Paulie

These bars have my attention.
I currently have the Renthal Ultra Low handlebar, which is better than the stock bar in my opinion, but just looking at these and their positioning has me thinking.The angle of the bars looks great.
Suburban Machinery bars are cool, too, as I've used them in the past.

• Global Moderator
Hmm, I like this concept. Seems like you can mount them either up or down, and the width seems adjustable also since it looks like you can slide the bars in or out of the holder...that's pretty cool. 
I see a potential problem with this set up though...interference with the tank at full lock.

With the Suburban Machinery bars, they bars are pretty much in-line with the clapms. At full lock, the bars fit perfectly in the pocket where the Black air intake plastic piece meets the tank plastics.

If the Woodcraft bars are below the clamps, I would think they would contact the Black plastic air intakes, and if they are mounted above, I'd think they'd contact the plastic tank panels, no?

I really do like the adjustability of these, but I'd wonder about clearance at full lock.

Anyone try these yet?

- Paulie

seriously considering these, but i too am worried about the possible contact with panels. I'm having enough issues with my plastics as it is.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Anyone try these yet?

- Paulie

seriously considering these, but i too am worried about the possible contact with panels. I'm having enough issues with my plastics as it is.
Speaking of clearance issues, has anyone had their stock bars gash the plastic on the right side? 

Speaking of clearance issues, has anyone had their stock bars gash the plastic on the right side? 
I believe that happens when the stock bars are rotated too far rearward. There's a punch mark on the stock handlebar that is supposed to line-up with the gap at the rear of the left-hand bar clamp. Specifically, the upper surface of the left-hand bottom bar clamp.

• Like 1

bmwpowere36m3
These bars have my attention. I currently have the Renthal Ultra Low handlebar, which is better than the stock bar in my opinion, but just looking at these and their positioning has me thinking.The angle of the bars looks great.
Suburban Machinery bars are cool, too, as I've used them in the past.

How do you like the Renthals? I feel like the stock bars have too much sweep, but supposedly the Renthals have more. I guess I'm used to my CR-high bends on my DRZ and drag-esque bars on my sport cruiser. Both have minimal sweep.

I rode with the stock handlebar for a few weeks or so, then started thinking about a different bar.
I saw a couple of pics of another rider on here that bought the Renthal Ultra low, felt it looked like an improvement, and got one, myself.

I felt the stock bar was a bit narrow and a bit tall for my taste.
By comparison, the Ranthal Ultra Low bar is lower, wider, and the angle (sweep) of where you grab them is good.
I actually cut 12mm off each end of the Renthal to suit me and it's still a bit wider than the stock bar.
So, this Renthal bar is an improvement over the stock bar for me.
I'm just wondering now whether or not getting this Woodcraft item would be even better.
AKA:
Would it be worth it?
More study is required. :)

Because the bars can be mounted above or below by turning the assembly over they immediately make a good option. But remember that they bolt onto the stock bottom bar clamps. If you want a little extra height easy to make some spacer plates and bolt through. You could also easily make a set of mounts to bolt onto the top triple clamp to get rid of the rubber bar mountings. Also remember because the bar pieces clamp into the assembly you only need one hole for the switch locators because the bar pieces can be rotated in those clamps.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

Hey everyone, just a quick update on these bars...

They have piqued my interest, so I called Woodcraft today.

So, they can be mounted above like the pics on Revzilla, or they can be flipped so the bars are below the clamp. The have different risers you can choose, from 1-3 inches, in half inch increments. The person I spoke to actually put me on hold to get the notes on these from his desk.

He said, if mounting below the triple clamp, as in the flipped position, the lowest you can go is by using the 1.5 inch riser without contact. I didn't ask about how much you can go if mounting above the clamp in the normal position, but 1.5 inch is the lowest you can go in the flipped position without hitting anything.

Also, despite the pics on Revzilla, he told me they are finishing up production and won't be available for another 2 weeks, so keep that in mind.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the Suburban Machinery M1 bars, but I may have to get a set of these for "testing" purposes :D

- Paulie

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No worries. I forgot to mention, the gentleman I spoke to at Woodcraft also said the plastic caps at the end of the bars will come out, so you can put a bar end mirror on there if you want. The bar is hollow, so you have to use some sort of expanding bar end adapter, like the CRG ones...

:)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator
No worries. I forgot to mention, the gentleman I spoke to at Woodcraft also said the plastic caps at the end of the bars will come out, so you can put a bar end mirror on there if you want. The bar is hollow, so you have to use some sort of expanding bar end adapter, like the CRG ones... 
:)

- Paulie
wonder how hard it would be to put a threaded insert in the bar. I really like the simplicity of having that insert. makes distortion of the bar from the bar end rather worry free.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Not sure...the Suburban Machinery bars are Stainless Steel, no there is absolutely no distortion gonna happen with those :)

- Paulie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Just comparing the two sites of Revzilla & woodcraft themselves and wanted to bring up a perceived discrepancy. Refer to measurement chart in the following links, they give conflicting information (I believe):

https://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=12-2407

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-clip-on-risers-w-adapter-plate-yamaha-fz-07-2015

I'm assuming Woodcraft has the correct numbers listed. It seems like the product is available on their site but Rev doesn't have them in stock yet.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have these installed yet, or know someone who does? I'm about to pull the trigger on this but am unsure what height to get. Right now, my Rental Ultra Lows are not nearly low enough for me. I really enjoyed the position of my SV650S. I ride in a half tuck on the FZ most of the time and my elbows are below my wrists, I want to remedy this.

If someone does have them installed, can you, pretty please :) measure the distance from the end of the handle bar to the ground when on a track stand. This would greatly help me make the decision on adapter height.

• Premium Member
Does anyone have these installed yet, or know someone who does? I'm about to pull the trigger on this but am unsure what height to get. Right now, my Rental Ultra Lows are not nearly low enough for me. I really enjoyed the position of my SV650S. I ride in a half tuck on the FZ most of the time and my elbows are below my wrists, I want to remedy this.  
If someone does have them installed, can you, pretty please :) measure the distance from the end of the handle bar to the ground when on a track stand. This would greatly help me make the decision on adapter height.
Does this help? 

http://fz07.org/post/46976/thread 

http://fz07.org/thread/3038/woodcraft-clip-on-risers (my pictures are on page three but the thread may be worth a read)

• 6 years later...

Quick question guys? Now I have the WoodCraft Clip On Handle Bars on my MT07 , but my question is when buying replacement parts for this bike can you use the 7/8 13in’ Extra Long Replacement Clip on bar?

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, TRIPSS HILL said:

Quick question guys? Now I have the WoodCraft Clip On Handle Bars on my MT07 , but my question is when buying replacement parts for this bike can you use the 7/8 13in’ Extra Long Replacement Clip on bar?

Yes. 7/8 is the important dimension. The length is fine, you can slide them in or out of the riser mount to the desired length.

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"