The MT-07 Forum

Color Change

crazycracka501

@crazycracka501 Is that a Seat concepts seat? I have been debating getting one. Comfort improved? It looks like you got the grippy material for part of it. I have an issue with sliding forward/backward, I assume that helps?

P.S. That burnt orange looks bad ass.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501
@crazycracka501 Is that a Seat concepts seat? I have been debating getting one. Comfort improved? It looks like you got the grippy material for part of it. I have an issue with sliding forward/backward, I assume that helps? 
Thanks man, yea the gripper definitely took care of any sliding issue I may have had, but to be truthful I'm trading my seat concepts seat to another guy here on the forum for his stock seat.  The gripper started to hurt my hind quarters after a while and I really didn't notice a great difference in comfort with the seat concepts seat (even after months of break-in), not to mention I hated that damn divot that they add to the seat.  Don't just take my opinion for it though as a lot of people here on the forum really like the seat concepts upgrade.  Was going to go with Corbin but wasn't keen on their designs and I figured if I'm spending that kind of bread then I'll just take the new stock seat I'm getting and bring it to an upholstery shop that is familiar with motorcycle seat upgrades.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Thanks man, yea the gripper definitely took care of any sliding issue I may have had, but to be truthful I'm trading my seat concepts seat to another guy here on the forum for his stock seat.  The gripper started to hurt my hind quarters after a while and I really didn't notice a great difference in comfort with the seat concepts seat (even after months of break-in), not to mention I hated that damn divot that they add to the seat.  Don't just take my opinion for it though as a lot of people here on the forum really like the seat concepts upgrade.  Was going to go with Corbin but wasn't keen on their designs and I figured if I'm spending that kind of bread then I'll just take the new stock seat I'm getting and bring it to an upholstery shop that is familiar with motorcycle seat upgrades.
Good to hear any opinion on it, whether negative or positive. I don't like the one piece Corbin, either. Upholstery shop is a thought I have had, too. I don't know if any around me have experience with motorcycle seats though. I would think if they upholster big things like furniture, a seat pan shouldn't be a big challenge. :-S Maybe I'll just get one of those sheepskin things I see on all the Goldwings.  :D

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
That would be....unique lol

The bike looks good! I've been wanting to paint mine but am trying to wait until the riding season is over. I've been browsing the forum and I think yours is the first I've come across that has been painted.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
The bike looks good! I've been wanting to paint mine but am trying to wait until the riding season is over. I've been browsing the forum and I think yours is the first I've come across that has been painted.
Lol or the only one who has been brave enough to post pics to critique.  Actually plenty of people have been using plasti dip to test colors before using auto paint.  I did the same thing. 

Archived