The MT-07 Forum

leo vince FZ07

norcal616

• Premium Member

See edited post...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Finally zeroed(gonna ride as much as I can all weekend) in on the PC5 map i wanna call " eco mode"...it's for Hordpower airbox, exhaust baffle in on premium pump gas..still need to do one very last test, I need to hit the drag strip to let me get a few pulls of uninterrupted runs just to see if it needs any tweaking...the reason I call it " eco mode" is because I still have not put it on a dyno to tweak the mapping to use the full potential of the Hordpower airbox...I'm using premium pump gas due to 2wdw ECU flash...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Had to start over with testing...I made a few minor changes...I had the auto tuner ignore under 5% throttle for gears 3-6...and I had to constantly remind myself to take off in 1st gear when 99% of the time I take off in 2nd gear...the reason I had the auto tuner ignore the under 5% throttle for gears 3-6 is because that ultra low of an input at such low rpm speed needs the help of some ignition tuning to help meet the AFR numbers, it's just gonna run slightly rich in that area till I make my dyno tuning date with HordPower dyno...on the other hand the fueling difference between the yoshi and Leo Vince is fairly close from my quick jog around town...Will report back later after I burn up another tank of gas ?

• Premium Member

Well after many trials( im using oem throttle tube)...I found it best to use Hordpower map and zero the ignition tables...it runs about 10 avg points rich in the low end rpms 3-5k..a few rare like 2 spots are asking me to pull 15-20 points in the range under 3 for 3rd gear...I can get it to be about 2 point avg change +/- between different days if I keep doing a trim adjustment each day...but the kicker is the throttle response becomes really really aggressive and feisty due to the rapid air density change with abrupt throttle responses and throttle chops at low rpm, it requires a delicate touch at low rpm in stop and go traffic(I believe ignition tuning provide by a dyno will cure this), other than that it runs like a champion...the reason I went back to the Hordpower map with no ignition tables is because it runs pretty decent in all normal riding conditions I encounter on a regular basis...6th gear @ 80mph this lille bike is purring along at barley 6k rpms...it runs slightly rich at low rpms and runs almost spot on in the mid-upper rpms for the AFR numbers on Hordpower map...I'm calling the " economy map " because when I finally a chance to introduce my fz-07 to Hordpowers dyno machine for a playdate ? it will have a proper tuned map that will have more power than the "economy map" ...just need a name to nick name to call the proper map now ?...even using this " economy map" the bike still pulls like a train to the red line that was severely lacking due to stock airbox...

• Premium Member

New update...I found out that the auto tuner was trying to " tune " the very very low end of that blasted " EcoMode" crap Yamaha built into the bike ECU...Hordpower map with no ignition tables and per gear mapping is the tune to use till FlashTune releases new update " soon " to disable this EcoMode...I will be purchasing a FlashTune kit in the future or I will wait till Hordpower has a new improved map to to flash my ECU with...

• Premium Member

After going back to square 1 with the HordPower box and doing some research and looking at other Fz-07 maps on the PC5 database I realized I needed to have " 0 " values in the AFR table from 2k-6k rpms up to 20% throttle in all 6 gears..this is the " eco mode " area and putting 0 will tell the auto tuner to ignore this area and focus on the others... I also found a company who has probably the only ECU flash that disables the stock o2 sensor!!! I will report back later with results!!!

• Premium Member

After running the new AFR map and seeing what the auto tuner is telling me...running either the yoshimura or leo vince exhaust( both are running baffle) the trims outside the eco mode area are 97% spot on...only maybe 12 cells outta a couple hundred cells needed just 1-3 points drop to match AFR values...I am using Hordpowers map he sent me as the canvas to work with since it's the only one I have with per gearing mapping...FYI, you must run a "0" value ignition table unless you got the same flash tune values as Hordpower ECU has or run the risk of doubling up ignition values and causing big problems...to get the last 3-5% tune tweaking done, I need to adjust ignition timing with a professional dyno tuner, otherwise I'm happy...

• Premium Member

10/1/16 update of all lessons learned and experiences

Since I had the fz-07 undergo it's first check up ( full service, checks everything and adjusts everything,such as throttle bodies, new spark plugs, etc) prior to check up I noticed a little tiny repeating surge when cruising in 4th gear at a steady 40mph, now it's gone...

for those of you who wanna run the Hordpower airbox can go about using it a few ways depending on rather your ECU is flashed or not...

***unless one of you lives near 2wdw and wants to go and get a tune made for the leovince exhaust and Hordpower airbox, this is the best option as its created on a dyno with proper tuning equipment since the ignition timing can adjusted to get the full power of the set up***

I'm currently waiting for FlashTune to update software which is supposed to have the ability to disable the stock o2 sensor and when they do my bike has a hot date with Hordpower dyno machine, till then I choose to use a PC5 to adjust the fueling...
1: you can install the PC5 and run Hordpowers map only after you put 0 values in the ignition table since we don't wanna double up on timing with 2wdw tune and Hordpowers map... the bike will run just fine with his fuel tables which are set for each gear rather than one big blanket fuel table for all 6 gears... I call this the economy map compared to option 2

2: install PC5 with auto tuner- this is a tricky part to understand(i had no experince prior to using auto tuner, im glad i did learn, I made mistakes too!) unless you have experience using an auto tuner... Hordpowers map also have AFR tables built in per gear... I had to enter 0 values from 0% throttle to 20% up to 6k rpms in order for the auto tuner to work ecomode...this is the EcoMode window and it cannot be tuned unless the o2 sensor is disabled via ECU( I made the mistake of not adding 0 to the EcoMode range and learned the bike doesn't like it with new fuel trims in eco mode)...once I learned my mistake it only took 2 days to tune, 1st day I rode all day, burned up a tank of gas doing all kinds of riding, found out the fuel tables are not far off from the presets, maybe a handful of cells outta couple hundred cells needed a small adjustment of less than 3 points avg...2nd day did the same as day 1 after I accepted the new trims and found only 5 cells maybe that needed 1 point adjustment...I accepted the new trims and since then over 4 tanks of gas no new trims have popped up...

there is a huge difference running the Hordpower Airbox over stock airbox, it's really noticeable when you are running rpms over 5.5k in 4-6th gear when the stock airbox makes the engine feel outta breath and there is no loss in the lower rpms...I also felt the bike was lighter since it felt like I removed 5# off the top of the bike...

Weather has not effected my new airbox yet rain or shine...haven't tested it out in like heavy heavy downpour yet...this intake makes far more intake sounds than the stock airbox, what's wrong with hearing intake noises? ?

• 1 month later...

Just installed this Leovince on my MT-07. I tried following the instructions at the head of he thread but for me it was like the proverbial monkey fnn the football. So I just installed the header nipples,torqued to spec, then pre-assembeled the entire system (without springs) and slipped it in place, worked like a charm. I made a perfect spring puller with a little luck finding a steel shelf bracket at the hardware store, and bending the tip. Took 2 minutes to install the springs no hassle.
The pipe now has a nice laser etched logo on the can both sides, no more ugly sticker.
What a sound!

Here is a youtube link to an unboxing video I did. no narration, just pics.

IMG_20161111_120455.jpg
IMG_20161111_105151.jpg
IMG_20161111_144315.jpg

• Premium Member

You got the nice laser edition one... Lucky son of a gun...

You got the nice laser edition one... Lucky son of a gun...
Got it from Moto GB in the UK, excellent service. and super price 350 GBP  618 USD delivered to philippines ups 3 days, including 15% VAT and 10% duty. Not bad. 

• Premium Member

Does it have the catalyic converter installed already? Or was that an option to buy?

• 6 months later...
Since I had the fz-07 undergo it's first check up ( full service, checks everything and adjusts everything,such as throttle bodies, new spark plugs, etc) prior to check up I noticed a little tiny repeating surge when cruising in 4th gear at a steady 40mph, now it's gone...

for those of you who wanna run the Hordpower airbox can go about using it a few ways depending on rather your ECU is flashed or not...

***unless one of you lives near 2wdw and wants to go and get a tune made for the leovince exhaust and Hordpower airbox, this is the best option as its created on a dyno with proper tuning equipment since the ignition timing can adjusted to get the full power of the set up***

I'm currently waiting for FlashTune to update software which is supposed to have the ability to disable the stock o2 sensor and when they do my bike has a hot date with Hordpower dyno machine, till then I choose to use a PC5 to adjust the fueling...
1: you can install the PC5 and run Hordpowers map only after you put 0 values in the ignition table since we don't wanna double up on timing with 2wdw tune and Hordpowers map... the bike will run just fine with his fuel tables which are set for each gear rather than one big blanket fuel table for all 6 gears... I call this the economy map compared to option 2

2: install PC5 with auto tuner- this is a tricky part to understand(i had no experince prior to using auto tuner, im glad i did learn, I made mistakes too!) unless you have experience using an auto tuner... Hordpowers map also have AFR tables built in per gear... I had to enter 0 values from 0% throttle to 20% up to 6k rpms in order for the auto tuner to work ecomode...this is the EcoMode window and it cannot be tuned unless the o2 sensor is disabled via ECU( I made the mistake of not adding 0 to the EcoMode range and learned the bike doesn't like it with new fuel trims in eco mode)...once I learned my mistake it only took 2 days to tune, 1st day I rode all day, burned up a tank of gas doing all kinds of riding, found out the fuel tables are not far off from the presets, maybe a handful of cells outta couple hundred cells needed a small adjustment of less than 3 points avg...2nd day did the same as day 1 after I accepted the new trims and found only 5 cells maybe that needed 1 point adjustment...I accepted the new trims and since then over 4 tanks of gas no new trims have popped up...

there is a huge difference running the Hordpower Airbox over stock airbox, it's really noticeable when you are running rpms over 5.5k in 4-6th gear when the stock airbox makes the engine feel outta breath and there is no loss in the lower rpms...I also felt the bike was lighter since it felt like I removed 5# off the top of the bike...

Weather has not effected my new airbox yet rain or shine...haven't tested it out in like heavy heavy downpour yet...this intake makes far more intake sounds than the stock airbox, what's wrong with hearing intake noises? ?

Have you had a chance to get a tune performed by hord power? Been a while and haven't seen an update.

• Premium Member

Have you had a chance to get a tune performed by hord power? Been a while and haven't seen an update.
No I havent, its near the bottom of my list of stuff to do... Im at the point of just buying a yoshi exhaust and selling the leo vince exhaust just because I havent been able to find time...

Archived