The MT-07 Forum

leo vince FZ07

norcal616

• Premium Member
Who has the leovince exhaust??? 

the leovince exhaust I ordered from Omniaracing is set to be on my door step on Tuesday 5/26/15

Omniaracing has em for under $600 shipped to USA via UPS 2day ... Be advised it may take up to 3 Weeks for omniaracing to get the exhaust if it's not on hand...

For those who has this exhaust let me know of your experience gpod or bad and how the bike runs on the stock mapping With leovince...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

the leovince exhaust I ordered from Omniaracing is set to be on my door step on Tuesday 5/26/15

Omniaracing has em for under $600 shipped to USA via UPS 2day ... Be advised it may take up to 3 Weeks for omniaracing to get the exhaust if it's not on hand...

For those who has this exhaust let me know of your experience gpod or bad and how the bike runs on the stock mapping With leovince...

Will be watching for an update on this. A few guys I know have their exhausts and they sound good. Haven't heard it on an fz yet though

• Global Moderator

Will be watching for an update on this. A few guys I know have their exhausts and they sound good. Haven't heard it on an fz yet though
http://youtu.be/U88w8EyaeCI
Its not in person and the quality isnt great but its a leo vince on the MT-07

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I have watched all the videos I could find and searched Google for reviews...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
IMAG0127_zps2cmmjy9k.jpg

• Premium Member

Only problem I had was the left and right headers were miss labled in the installation picture...so the right header is the left and the left is the right...

• Premium Member

I have no fuel controller or any ecu reflashes...After having the exhaust installed for a week...I have come to these observations...if you keep the airbox snorkel in the exhaust tends to have 2-3 small crackle like deceleration pops when I left off the throttle abruptly with no baffle in the exhaust...if the snorkel is out the deceleration popping is practically gone...with the baffle in I have a tad more grunt down low but lose a lil pull up top...with the baffle out the low end is more smoother than stock but still have grunt but not as much as with the baffle in...I have notice no difference if O2 sensor was plugged in or not so I left it out... I brought this exhaust known I will lose a tad bit of power down low but the overall powerband according to the ole butt dyno is waaaaayyy better smoother all-around performance...one small note to make is my riding style is just like riding my 250f where I tend to carry my rpms thru a corner for example...I cannot comment on riding styles for power delivery where ppl don't like the bike to run more than a few thousand more rpms than idle speed cuz this exhaust was not made for low end power.. Next step is to get the ECU reflashed for stock exhaust so I can send the leovince out with my new ECU I'm gonna order cuz I don't know how long it will take em to get around to doing my exhaust and getting a local rider to donate the bike for a day...the lucky rider will get some compensation from me for donating the bike for testing...

(these are my observations and opinions and are not ment to start a big argument and I have no intentions of posting a video of how I ride for comparison cuz nobody rides like me in any way shape or form cuz most ppl don't know I have 95-97% hearing loss)

• Premium Member

Also there is no "cat" installed or was one suppled as some leovince videos show( I am assuming they were purchased as an option) on YouTube show...and I like the fact the exhaust is tucked up underneath without anything sticking out the side...the carbon fiber end cap get hot enough that you can hold your hand on it right after riding but do NOT touch any of the metal right after riding...and the exhaust kit came with the spring puller tool!!!!!!!!! Also the weld quality is superb that it's on par with my personal standards...as far as sound...hehehehehe she sounds lIke a v8 supercar as one person said   :D... BTW all exhaust  sound better at 3am when 95% of the population is sound alseep  P-)

• Premium Member

I also had to bring the rear shock back to 3 from 5 due the the weight loss...

• Premium Member

I'm gonna order a "cat" to see how the system runs on stock mappping with baffle in and 02 sensor reconnected...my assumption is adding the " cat" will add just the perfect amount of back pressure needed to really let the pipe shine without the baffle in...

• Premium Member

I can still hear it at highway speeds but once I get past 60 i hear more wind noise then exhaust noise...

• Premium Member

OmniaRacing the ppl who I ordered the exhaust from is shipping my " cat" out today free of charge!!!

• Premium Member

Update... I found that the baffle in and the o2 sensor connected provides really smooth power control and engine breaking is softer...on Friday nights or track days I will go baffle less and unhook the o2 for more aggressive throttle and heavy engine breaking and let the exhaust BurBurble and crackle like a race pipe at low revs...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Dropped the old girl last night...was making a right hand turn off of a main road and as I approached the center of the turn a possum was 3 feet from me starting at me...outta reaction I let the gas off when in 2md gear and as soon as the engine braking kicked in the front tire washed out since it was a sandy/pebble spot and took the bike down...only damage was a slightly bent rear brake pedal and some scuff marks on the case and water pump cover and the right bar end...I have no sliders and I'm happy I didn't buy any...and the exhaust was not even touched due to the fact it's tucked underneath...I will be getting a new water pump cover and brake pedal and case covers...

thomascrown

Glad you're okay dude. Do yourself a favor and pick up some Rizoma frame sliders, they have a pretty intelligent design for the FZ07.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Update... It's been almost 2yrs since I have installed the exhaust...so I have some good news

**not 100% concrete or implying anything**
-I have ordered a HordPower airbox and a PCV
- sometime before winter hits in November or early next spring there will be a tune available for us Leo Vince users who want to install the HordPower airbox...
- the tuning will be done by HordPower :D
- I am super excited to do this project as I believe it's 1 of 3 modifications(suspension and ECU flash are the other 2) that truly bring out the fz-07 potential
- I am gonna have this tuned on 87 octane which is available at 99.9% of all gas pump with a KN air filter on a stock motor
- only potential problem I see so far is the fact I already have a quickshifter by Antori( so?) Racing which is sold as a " stand alone" system and I need to see if it will work with the PCV ?

Any questions please ask
I see the light at the end of the tunnel ?

Guest 2wheeler
I let the gas off when in 2md gear and as soon as the engine braking kicked in the front tire washed out since it was a sandy/pebble spot and took the bike down
Sorry to hear you went down. 
This is the first story I've heard in this forum where the engine braking played a part in somebody wrecking. That was one of the reasons I got the flash was fear of a similar thing happening to me.

Glad you are OK!

• Premium Member
I let the gas off when in 2md gear and as soon as the engine braking kicked in the front tire washed out since it was a sandy/pebble spot and took the bike down
Sorry to hear you went down. 
This is the first story I've heard in this forum where the engine braking played a part in somebody wrecking. That was one of the reasons I got the flash was fear of a similar thing happening to me.

Glad you are OK!

This was over a year and half ago...well before I got the ECU flash and suspension..looking back now it was a combination of factors...me not thinking properly after spending the day atcthe drag strip, already leaned over in turn when I let off gas on what I thought was a " clean/ish" corner when the animal scared me and thinking back I'm actually glad the fz-07 seating position is very much dirt bike like which actually helped me control the spill after thinking of a similar accident I had 10years on a crotch rocket which I know would do more damage to me and bike in similar situation in my personal opinion...I'm also glad I do not care to use them peg like frame sliders...I now have the t-rex case savers which will actually protect the water pump for when the bike gets laid down...the plastic on the fz-07 is so cheap to replace then a bent/ pulled engine mount bolt them peg like frame sliders use...bottom line was my mind was at the track and one cannot treat the street roads as a track unless you accept the consequences of what can happen...I learned my lesson, will it happen again, probably only time will tell...

• 2 weeks later...
Update... It's been almost 2yrs since I have installed the exhaust...so I have some good news 
**not 100% concrete or implying anything**
-I have ordered a HordPower airbox and a PCV
- sometime before winter hits in November or early next spring there will be a tune available for us Leo Vince users who want to install the HordPower airbox...
- the tuning will be done by HordPower :D
- I am super excited to do this project as I believe it's 1 of 3 modifications(suspension and ECU flash are the other 2) that truly bring out the fz-07 potential
- I am gonna have this tuned on 87 octane which is available at 99.9% of all gas pump with a KN air filter on a stock motor
- only potential problem I see so far is the fact I already have a quickshifter by Antori( so?) Racing which is sold as a " stand alone" system and I need to see if it will work with the PCV ?

Any questions please ask
I see the light at the end of the tunnel ?

Sweet, keep us updated. I'm interested in getting the hardpower airbox and I'm not quite sure what to do for fueling yet.

• Premium Member

I'm running his tune on the PC5 with a few small changes...the mapping is running slightly rich till we can get it on the dyno...you can also install his airbox and the PC5 and take it to the local dyno tuner...or become a turncoat and install a yoshi exhaust and run his mapping ???...I also pit the baffle back in the exhaust to help at what I think helps since the th e was for a yoshi system with baffle in...the sound is much louder now that stock airbox is gone...

• Premium Member

I have just installed my auto tuner from a friend who I brought it cheaply from...I am currently running with Hordpower box, no baffle in exhaust on cheap pump gas...I will take the time to go thru all 3 available gas blends and make maps with the baffle in also...I am still planning on heading down to Hordpower to get a dyno tune and what not...the only major change I have done with the PC5 tune is zero out the ignition values Hordpower uses for his set up...I wish I got this auto tuner before I installed the Hordpower box...

• Premium Member

Yes I agree and but the main reason is I have a reflashed ECU by 2wdw after talking with HordPower via email before I got this new toy, he recommends it till we get my bike on the dyno after Flash Tune sends out new software update hopefully before old man winter hits...I am gonna email HordPower and ask him if I should run his ignition map now that I have an auto tuner to see what he says...so far he says no

Archived