The MT-07 Forum

Hello From Chicago!

redbeard

Hello fz07.org! New guy here from Chicago. Have been surfing the forum for the last week or two gathering info on the FZ. Have been contemplating venturing away from the very costly car scene and getting into something a little more wallet friendly. Was initially looking at a Honda Grom but realized I would much rather have something I wouldn't have issues with on the highway and think a super sport would just be too uncomfortable for longer rides. Which after much researching and YouTube videos has lead me here! Think I might stop by a Yamaha dealer this weekend to at least see one in person.

Not sure how image hosting works here so hopefully these show up. This is my current money pit...

fa2779c2777cabe7171443c7c15de716.jpg

c0cdf7b5766755c8d3e6fe583a154a4b.jpg

e558a0258512cf884f8cd47b70b73a43.jpg

baf882a9d764a7b5af2ef6edfd99260c.jpg

Nice car redbeard! Yes go to the dealership. See one, sit on it, buy it. I researched the heck out of this bike and it is fantastic! Are you a new rider?

• Global Moderator

Hi @redbeard, great to have you here, welcome. Nice junk you have there. You are right, the car scene can be expensive. Owning a bike is more budget friendly although some people still manage to spend a ton on mods. Suspension, brakes, exhaust etc., it all ads up..
Riding a motorcycle is a new sensation altogether though, no car comes close. Will it be your first bike?

Thanks. Yes it would be my first bike.

And yeah, I've already tried planning out mods I'd do if I were to buy an 07 haha.

• Premium Member

Welcome and I think you picked a great choice for a first bike!! Feel free to ask questions and the only stupid questions here are the ones you dont ask...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

Nice car, i love the 03/04 cobras in yellow. Lovin the FZ07 as my first bike, my mustang has pretty much been parked in the garage since i got the bike

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome to the forum! I was a car guy too! I switched to motorcycles. The reason being is it was so much cheaper to get a motorcycle that had the performance I wanted. I think a motorcycle for fun and basic car for winter is the perfect vehicular combo here in the mid-west. If you haven't done so already take the MSF basic rider course. Let us know if you have any more questions!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Yeah, I've been looking to try and get in one of the free ones ran by one of the colleges around here. And at the place I'm currently working there's at least a dozen guys who ride often plus MC parking is way better haha.

• Premium Member

good first bike, price and what you get for it is one of the best. Pull the trigger you won't regret it, just make sure above all you get good gear, ER bills will be more expensive and painful if you cheap out. Look for good gear and prices prior to buying the bike so you don't ride without proper gear and/or settle for cheap gear you will need to upgrade in a few months

Oh I've been spending a lot of time on RevZilla and have a few things in the cart already if I do end up pulling the trigger on the bike.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Welcome to the forum! Nice Cobra. I had a buddy that had a '95 and holy hell did that thing pull, lol. One of my favorite parts of riding is the gear, especially the helmet. It's like being a fighter pilot. Enjoy the FZ should you buy one. I'm loving mine so far.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Yeah, I've been looking to try and get in one of the free ones ran by one of the colleges around here. And at the place I'm currently working there's at least a dozen guys who ride often plus MC parking is way better haha.

I'm failing at the quote feature haha.
Sure are considering I don't remember saying that. Anyway I too like dedicated motorcycle parking. My job has it but I don't see what the difference between a motorcycle taking up a parking spot vs a car with only a driver taking up a parking spot. I forgot to mention this before, Nice Mustang!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Archived