The MT-07 Forum

All things Gold Valve Emulator (GVE)

pattonme

Funny you should make that comment Pattonme. I thought it was a low angle single pivot rear when I first saw it as well ( like the F800R ). But it is an unusual vertical link/ swingarm mounted knuckle that the upper knuckle/shock pushes forward. Took me ages to build the Tony Foale model because you have to actually swap all the link positions around for this suspension type. Had to keep trying to convince the software that the shock frame mount was IN FRONT of the swingarm pivot. Not a fav design in my book because there is a forward vector in the middle of the bike on the frame but seems to work OK.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

i changed the shock and didn't notice-after your post i did go look at it and for sure there is a link,but the ohlins shock for this bike is a little disappointing.you are on it with this stuff.

• 5 years later...

Cross posted in another thread:

Okay, this is ancient... 2015!    But I am hoping some information can be had for a "fork job"  on my XSR.

Is the FZ fork circa 2013-2015 similar to that of the 2018 XSR700, making the fork work here a viable option?  I like the look of the Traxxion  kit with the springs and all, have been looking at the Race Tech stuff as well.   

I like the idea of a drop in valve set up so I'm not looking at a cartridge that can fail, and I'm not racing or flogging the bike on back roads.   I'd say I'm a relatively brisk rider, not a cruising kind of rider coming in at around 200 lb mostly nekkid.  Courtesy of a member here, I have an Ohlins shock for the rear and figure this winter, why not do the forks.  I'd like to slide in right about $300 if possible.

The cheapest way out would be to do the Dave Moss thing with the oil change, spacer work and maybe springs.  Next would be to get the Gold Seal and use the stock springs.  I'm open to suggestion from the wisdom of this group, as the XSR group isn't overly techinical and more into gaiters and fork covers, taking off fenders and putting on LED headlights, painting everything black... kind of steampunk...  no insult intended, just what it seems to be.  So...   for those old enough to remember Tooter Turtle having Mr. Wizard pull his butt out of bad situations...

tooterturtle2.jpgtumblr_m9qn7eZRGH1qlzduwo1_500.gif

help Mr. FZ!

Edited by klx678