The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Cyclops H4 LED Bulb Replacement

fooschnickens

Yea that's what I was thinking.... I like the idea though of the different colors other than white. Like Amber or red or green. Maybe red can also be construed as some form of "impersonating and officer"

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea that's what I was thinking.... I like the idea though of the different colors other than white. Like Amber or red or green. Maybe red can also be construed as some form of "impersonating and officer"

In California solid red facing forward = law enforcement so yeah probably lol. Legally white and Amber facing forward and red or Amber facing backwards are your only options.

The chances of actually getting stopped are probably slim but choose wisely lol

@fooschnickens
Thanks for taking the time to make this write up! I'm definitely going to reference it when mine comes in the mail. Only wish I'd found this thread before I ordered for the coupon code. DOH!

• Premium Member

Just got my new bulb, went with a cool white from here: Cool White LED

here's what this one looks like:
z9PB2ed.jpg

y23sLLs.jpg

0wiCWSF.jpg

d3R4w62.jpg

Nc11hPk.jpg

3Fp35yO.jpg

I tried getting different angles and with the head light on, I like this one better than the blue one.
This one still has a light hint of blue and I like that.

So I finally just installed the Cyclops LED headlight. My god, WHAT a difference! I think I just convinced two other dudes at the garage to order it when I turned it on. What a great upgrade! It was, indeed, a simple install however I had a little trouble getting everything to get back into its right place before being able to get the bolts lined up. I firmly pushed on the housing til it was all lined up, seems like everything is pret-ty snug.

I decided not to trim the rubber boot. After I put it all back together and walked home from the garage I thought, "maybe I should've trimmed it". So I called up the guys at Cyclops and asked if it was necessary and they said as long as it has a way to get airflow, you're good. At the back it has about a quarter-sized (give or take) hole so it can draw in air to cool the heat sinks. The boot itself fits pretty snug against the side of the heat sinks but apparently that is not a big deal. He also said there is enough airflow also coming from the housing itself to cool the lamp. Those guys have great customer service and a great product! Def recommend.

fooschnickens
So I finally just installed the Cyclops LED headlight. My god, WHAT a difference! I think I just convinced two other dudes at the garage to order it when I turned it on. What a great upgrade! It was, indeed, a simple install however I had a little trouble getting everything to get back into its right place before being able to get the bolts lined up. I firmly pushed on the housing til it was all lined up, seems like everything is pret-ty snug.  
I decided not to trim the rubber boot. After I put it all back together and walked home from the garage I thought, "maybe I should've trimmed it". So I called up the guys at Cyclops and asked if it was necessary and they said as long as it has a way to get airflow, you're good. At the back it has about a quarter-sized (give or take) hole so it can draw in air to cool the heat sinks. The boot itself fits pretty snug against the side of the heat sinks but apparently that is not a big deal. He also said there is enough airflow also coming from the housing itself to cool the lamp. Those guys have great customer service and a great product! Def recommend.
Yeah the hardest part of the whole thing is getting all the extra wiring tucked away behind the headlight assembly. After you've done it a couple times it becomes second nature, though. Glad you're liking it, I'd recommend taking a screwdriver with you on a night ride because you'll probably want to adjust it a bit in the dark. I found that aiming during the day got it mostly there, but it's a different beam pattern so it really helps to adjust it properly at night to get the projection you want. I found a nice empty lot a few miles from my house and did it there.

• 3 weeks later...
splytsecond

I installed this light last thursday and friday and had not had a chance to ride the bike until tonight. When I first saw everyone's reviews I thought okay this thing should make a nice difference but holy hell its a world of difference having this over the stocker. Soo happy with my purchase, thanks Cyclops.

I will say the hardest part about this whole thing is DEFINITELY putting it all back together. Of course I picked to do this in my sauna of a garage on a 95 degree and humid day, so that didn't help much. Frustration set in very quickly in the heat.

Ha ha. I remember that people were skeptical when I announced that Cyclops was coming on board as a supporting vendor.
I only do business with the vey best and when it comes to lighting, you can't beat Cyclops for the money and performance. So proud to have them on board.

• 2 months later...
vroomtoraftel

thanks a lot for the post, the guide, and good pictures,
fooschnickens! and to Guru for the link to buy the LED!

I just ordered mine with the 10% discount. I'm already excited to install it.
Another thanks to Goose1072 for the link for the 194 LED! 

I installed some blue LED accent lights around the bike [HASH]FastAndFurious style, to increase the visibility during night time, and so far no one (not even cops) said anything. One cop even gave me a thumbs up while riding past by. (i'm in Toronto, Canada).

I hope the image comes up, if not I'll figure it out (or give up figuring out how to upload pics onto threads).

view?usp=sharing

Take care y'all
[/img]
//edit: the picture doesn't come up, so it'll become my profile picture, instead.

fooschnickens
Can someone do a review, or a follow up, after a long term use in different conditions? I've only read reviews moments, or so, after install. I'd like to hear from different members in different conditions who have many months of use of this product. Thanks in advance.
Long term, the bulb works great. Not a single problem with it and after installing the spacer that now comes with the new kits, the beam is much more focused and really lights up the road. 
I do a lot of night riding and it really illuminates the entire roadway to either side of me and projects out well. As far as conditions, do you mean weather? I've been stuck in a few showers as well as foggy conditions and the light held up fine. It's designed to stand up to the elements and does its job fine.

• Global Moderator
Can someone do a review, or a follow up, after a long term use in different conditions? I've only read reviews moments, or so, after install. I'd like to hear from different members in different conditions who have many months of use of this product. Thanks in advance.
Long term, the bulb works great. Not a single problem with it and after installing the spacer that now comes with the new kits, the beam is much more focused and really lights up the road. 
I do a lot of night riding and it really illuminates the entire roadway to either side of me and projects out well. As far as conditions, do you mean weather? I've been stuck in a few showers as well as foggy conditions and the light held up fine. It's designed to stand up to the elements and does its job fine.

What spacer did you end up using?
ive yet to get one

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

fooschnickens

What spacer did you end up using? ive yet to get one
I used the 1/8" spacer from cyclops. 

fooschnickens
I used the 1/8" spacer from cyclops.
Did you have to adjust your bean up or down?
Not very much. The headlight position will shift a bit every time you remove the assembly from the bike because of how it's mounted. I had to re-adjust it after installing my turn signals for that very reason. I had to adjust it maybe two or three turns down after first installing the LED bulb because I had it aimed so far up with the puny stock bulb to get it to project at all. 

• Global Moderator
Not very much. The headlight position will shift a bit every time you remove the assembly from the bike because of how it's mounted. I had to re-adjust it after installing my turn signals for that very reason. I had to adjust it maybe two or three turns down after first installing the LED bulb because I had it aimed so far up with the puny stock bulb to get it to project at all.
I installed LED turn signals & never adjusted the headlight beam. I too ride often at night; although our roads are so lit up, aside from trying to be seen of course, you almost dont need a headlight at all; lol. 
It seems as tho I have found the expert on this topic; thanks for your input!

Do you know which AUXILIARY LIGHT fits our bike; I was unable to find the model#:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/206/

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-w-socket-5-smd-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/841/

thanks

The bulb in our aux light is a 5w5 wedge base. there are several bulbs that will fit, just look up which bulb you want and see if its compatible.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I made a short clip of a night ride using the Cyclops bulb. It's hard to see the full effect the bulb has when going down the road because the road is so black but when I pull into the driveway you get a better idea of just how bright the bulb really is. If you look out to the side you can see how it lights things up nicely there as well.

[video src=https://youtu.be/7LM3RP-Tc08]

Beemer

11BTrusty

Mine didn't come with spacer's and works fine. Is that a blue or purple light you're using as your park light? I like it but here in Fl. it's against the law to use a blue light on the front of any vehicle.

Beemer

This is the one I used NH7kNer.jpg

ETdsdiQ.jpg

YB0ebX5.jpg

6H1D9Gk.jpg

Just installed the new led headlight and now on to the aux. I feel like I'm going to break it though. How is the stock aux bulb taken out. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

hey guys, i installed the led last night. not sure if i missed a post or not, but the included 2 nylon spacers in the kit are to move the bulb back more and focus the light on the road more? i didnt install none of them, but more lighting is kind of scattered and have a back shadow in between. 

Archived