The MT-07 Forum

Cleaning the FZ

Guest JerzieFREQ

• Global Moderator
What about drying the bike off? I use my leaf blower, no water spots or drip marks.
http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/BG4/CYCLONE-BLOW-GUN/

This is my solution for drying my bike.
Itll drain my 50gal compressor in just under a minute :)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

bmwpowere36m3
What about drying the bike off? I use my leaf blower, no water spots or drip marks.

Blow gun, leaf blower or MF towel. I use a blow gun and/or MF towel. I don't get too anal about drying it 100%

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

For drying I just wipe with a towel. I used to use a leaf blower but my sweetheart is a big fan of using human power instead of consuming resources to perform menial tasks. I tell her that all her flower-planting offsets my carbon footprint but she shoots me That Look.

I hate That Look more than I hate drying with a towel :)

-HowWorkClutch

Guest JerzieFREQ
I hope you can put it in a garage. I can't and I keep getting pollen on it even though it's covered. >:(
yea luckily I've got a garage.  Pollen is a absolute B***H.  Dealing with the same stuff with my car.  Get it washed at 10am and it'll be green by nightfall lol. We finally got some rain here in NJ so washed away most of the stuff.  Plus my allergies are loving rain right now haha.

• 1 year later...
this looks like fun. i kinda want to get one of those now. and a pressure washer
i had to go look these up because i'd never heard of a foam cannon. 
so i read some reviews and some more reviews.  one thing stuck out:

not one reviewer made a single comment about cleaning-ability of all that foam. all the comments were about the volume of foam.

that much foam is an impressive feat of engineering but if it doesn't clean any better than a soapy rag i just don't see why anyone would need one. it seems like a solution to a problem that didn't exist until the solution was created. and the problem really is just one of "I saw lots of foam and now I want lots of foam."

just my opinion, which should be taken as offensive to anyone anywhere at any time.

I think I've seen that foam used at a strip bar. It was like they were trying to get the grime off the girls. It did leave a nice sheen to them.  ::)

Beemer

murcielago311

I just use watered-down windex and an old undershirt. I don't think I've sprayed any of my bikes with a hose in over 10 years of riding. Top the wheels and paint with some liquid wax and hit the road.

Archived