The MT-07 Forum

RIch running during break in

sabgog

I bought my bike brand new a week or two ago and have so far ridden it about 500km. It still seems to be running a little rich because its spitting a bit of black out of the exhaust. Is this fairly normal for the bike, and does it go away eventually or is this some kind of fuelling issue? It also once in a while seems to sort of cough a little bit if I give it light throttle at idle or when taking off from idle. I have been reading around about the bike and people seem to say it power wheelies super easy in first, second, and some even say third(I call BS), however my bike seems to pull the front tire up easily in first but even in second I have to pull up pretty hard to get the tire to lift off.

Guest Ralph

The dark stain out of the exhaust is normal mine did it from new but does not seem to do it now at 4000 miles,
it's just dirty water mostly not fuel, the little stumble is again something mine did when new but rarely does
now, mine cut out a few times when new and I think that stumble is part of the problem, search the forum for
stalling, I don't do wheelies but it will lift the wheel off the road in 1st and 2nd with throttle to spare but
I ease the throttle to keep 2 wheels more or less on the road, maybe yours needs a few more miles to loosen
up a bit, it will be due the 600k service soon tell them about the stumble and ask them to balance the throttle
bodies it is supposed to be done at first service and mine was better after it was done.

The dark stain out of the exhaust is normal mine did it from new but does not seem to do it now at 4000 miles, it's just dirty water mostly not fuel, the little stumble is again something mine did when new but rarely does
now, mine cut out a few times when new and I think that stumble is part of the problem, search the forum for
stalling, I don't do wheelies but it will lift the wheel off the road in 1st and 2nd with throttle to spare but
I ease the throttle to keep 2 wheels more or less on the road, maybe yours needs a few more miles to loosen
up a bit, it will be due the 600k service soon tell them about the stumble and ask them to balance the throttle
bodies it is supposed to be done at first service and mine was better after it was done.

Thanks for the insight. I don't do a whole lot of wheelies or irresponsible riding either but I tried the other day on a wide open stretch of road and was just wondering if I was getting the power output that im supposed to be.

Guest Ralph

On the face of it wheelies are fun and look quite safe but over the years "to many to
remember," I have seen 1 engine blown as in bit's all over the road a good few head
race bearings ruined from hard landings and 2 local lads both very experienced riders
killed within 6 months of each other, so thats why I tend to back off these days.

Archived