The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha FZ-07 Oil filter list of compatible filters

Cruizin

Just now, scotto said:

Revival of a very old thread, I know but I have read all the filter threads I can find on site and have found nothing concerning my question.  I have left over from when I had my 2015 FJ09 a number of Mahle OC575 oil filters.  They look identical to the Tusk oil  filters that have been recommended on this site.  I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that these filters will work on a 2018 MT07.

Thank you for any advise.

The 2015 fz09 and 2015 fz07 share the same oil filter part #. One could Infer then, that the one you have for the fz09 would then be correct for the fz07.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 6:16 PM, shinyribs said:

I don't mean to be offensive to anyone at all, but I will be blunt. I wouldn't put a Fram on anything. Yes, things can change and it's possible that Fram currently makes the best filter that ever existed. Back when I was heavy in to drag racing we started seeing Fram filters collapse in on themselves.

I used to use nothing but Fram on everything. I will not and have not used them in the past 10 years now. They blew up my Mazda Speed 3 and Honda Odyssey engines. Direct cause was oil starvation from poor oil filter materials on both counts. 

I am interested if the K&N 204-1 works on the ‘18 FZ-07

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ktigerj said:

I used to use nothing but Fram on everything. I will not and have not used them in the past 10 years now. They blew up my Mazda Speed 3 and Honda Odyssey engines. Direct cause was oil starvation from poor oil filter materials on both counts. 

I am interested if the K&N 204-1 works on the ‘18 FZ-07

A quick vehicle specific check on the K&N filter web site says yes.

That filter works on all year fz/mt-07 models since they all share the same basic motor.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Vast majority of tracks/club races/closed courses do not allow KN oil filters nowadays due to them being made even cheaper which causes the "nut" to fail... But it's another story if the bike will never see a "closed course" by all means use em... I use either OEM nowadays or the filters made by the company who signs my paychecks... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

Old thread, but I was looking up info for my upcoming filter change. I've been using K&N for a long time, especially because the nut is super convenient due to the placement of the filter on my Camaro. 

What is the issue with K&N these days? I've never had issues with them, but I'm a little concerned now. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Terry_b said:

Old thread, but I was looking up info for my upcoming filter change. I've been using K&N for a long time, especially because the nut is super convenient due to the placement of the filter on my Camaro. 

What is the issue with K&N these days? I've never had issues with them, but I'm a little concerned now. 

Supposedly K&N has fixed the issue of the nut found only on a recalled specific date range of the filter. I've not had any issues with them myself and will continue to use them.

Not everyone here has the same opinion though. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 10 months later...
firstyammerha

I have a K&N 303 in the shed that I bought at the same time as the Fram. It's about time to change oil again so looks like the K&N is up. I hope K&N produced a `good one'. Don't need any spun bearings or anything of the like.

• Global Moderator
8 minutes ago, firstyammerha said:

I have a K&N 303 in the shed that I bought at the same time as the Fram. It's about time to change oil again so looks like the K&N is up. I hope K&N produced a `good one'. Don't need any spun bearings or anything of the like.

If I recall correctly the issue was with people using the nut to tighten the filter and then it leaking oil.  I do not believe there was a problem with the actual performance of the filter.  As long as you install it carefully  you should be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
firstyammerha

question for @shinyribs-or any others- and his statement regarding oil filters imploding: aren't engine oil supply systems pressurized? Maybe the filter was over pressurized and the filter media blown into the engine?  I'm sure the drag racing engines ran much higher PSI than a street car engine. 

• 8 months later...
wfoproductions

Just an FYI I have found the Yanmar part 119305-35170 also fits. Price on unit is about $7.15.

This filter fits a lot of yanmar marine and industrial models used all over the world. 

• 2 years later...
Cjanssen83

What’s the OEM filter part number for a 2021? 

I thought it was 5GH-13440-60-00?

It appears that the 60 is now a 61 in the product code? According to Revzilla, the 61 replaced the 60, yet their site says the 61 isn’t compatible with a 2021 MT-07?

What gives?

6 hours ago, Cjanssen83 said:

What’s the OEM filter part number for a 2021? 

I thought it was 5GH-13440-60-00?

It appears that the 60 is now a 61 in the product code? According to Revzilla, the 61 replaced the 60, yet their site says the 61 isn’t compatible with a 2021 MT-07?

What gives?

I trust Ron Ayers more than Revzilla when it comes to OEM parts, they say:

Element Assy, Oil Cleaner

5GH-13440-61-00 is replaced by 5GH-13440-80-00

• Like 1