The MT-07 Forum

50/50 split wheel design?

belleau1977

• Premium Member
belleau1977

So has anyone thought of going for a 50/50 wheel design like this? I know some of you will hate and some will like this but I'm all for it! Question is even a split design how much to get this done?

[attachment id=320" thumbnail="1][attachment id=323" thumbnail="1][attachment id=322" thumbnail="1][attachment id=321" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

not much if you have masking tape, spray paint, and huevos.

note: they laughed at me when i used exterior latex paint to paint white-walls on a non-white-wall tire. they were not laughing when those tires were completely bald but still had great looking white walls. they spent $300 putting white wall tires on their bikes. i spent $11 (plus a 12-pack).

do-it-yourself projects are fun

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

That's pretty cool. I don't think I've seen that haha. Depends on how you plan on getting it done. Want actual painted rims? Plasti-dip? Vinyl?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I like them! I was thinking of powder coating mine white, to match my bike but this is an awesome style.

I would say plastidip would be 100 or 2 depending on who does it. Powder coating would run in the $500 range... But prices can vary widely on your local shops.

fooschnickens

If you paid someone $500 to PC a pair of motorcycle rims I have some ocean front property in Idaho I'd love to sell you. Depending on what the wheel is made of and the finish you want you're looking at $90 tops per wheel. Powder coating is insanely cheap nowadays, I've had a couple sets done for my cars and I think the most I paid was $400 because I wanted a metallic finish.

Archived