The MT-07 Forum

San Diego Sunday Rides

she3pdog

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Yeah we can meet up at the cars and coffe if you guys want? Say about 8ish? And well figure it out after 
Im in the escondido area, so whoever wants to cruise with me down you can

I'll be there. Asian. Female. Glasses. Please find me, I'm awkward.

Mericc, want to ride down together? I'm off Valley Parkway we can meet at Arco at 7:45??? Open to other suggestions too. pH

Which arco? Well im waiting for meeks, shes coming down from LA, ill be waiting over at el norte pky by shell, the one with the mexican restaurant built in it or the bottom one? Ill be there at 730

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Great meeting everyone, fun ride, funny moment was when we passed up some cars and chp came the other way haha

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member

Databyter <--- Jealous.

Hell, by the time I can do a Sunday with you guys, you will be too experienced for me. Well, truthfully probably already are. One of these days. In the meantime I am going to try some solo flights up in the hills after I check my rear wheel alignent and finally install my sliders. That way I won't slow folks down if and when my schedule permits a group ride.

Databyter

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Databyter <--- Jealous. 
Hell, by the time I can do a Sunday with you guys, you will be too experienced for me. Well, truthfully probably already are. One of these days. In the meantime I am going to try some solo flights up in the hills after I check my rear wheel alignent and finally install my sliders. That way I won't slow folks down if and when my schedule permits a group ride.
Don't worry, I'm a slow rider! 

• Premium Member
Databyter <--- Jealous. 
If you're slow, I'm REAALLLLY slow.  (rofl)

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
wish you weren't a liar.  O_o 

• Premium Member
wish you weren't a liar.  O_o 

Nothing but honesty here!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

thomascrown

I think group rides, in general, should be to chat, sight see, and ride at a reasonable pace. It's difficult to manage a group, keep everyone together, and ride at race pace. Better to ride alone when in time attack mode. No witnesses for when you break the law, and no one to worry about other than yourself. :P

So really, anybody can join the ride.  This isn't the Tourist Trophy.  

• Like 2

I think group rides, in general, should be to chat, sight see, and ride at a reasonable pace. It's difficult to manage a group, keep everyone together, and ride at race pace. Better to ride alone when in time attack mode. No witnesses for when you break the law, and no one to worry about other than yourself. :P 
So really, anybody can join the ride.  This isn't the Tourist Trophy.  

Id agree but you want to ride in pairs just in case one goes down lol
  • Like 1

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member
Databyter <--- Jealous. 
Good, after all, for me the point is also to enjoy the scenery and enjoy the locales. But I do like the idea of practicing cornering and multiple curves etc. I am competant for a noob on regular roads but I'm untested in the mountains. I have a feeling I will do fine at moderate speeds, and quicker just comes with experience. 
I do like the feel of a taking a good curve. It's a lot of fun. Unfortunately my commute is 99% freeway so I haven't had much opportunity to see what my innate skill level presently is, but I am 250 miles a week on the bike minimum, so I am coming along pretty well. I'm having fun on my commutes and have a lot of confidence.

I'm not completely ignorant, I braved the entire "twist of the wrist part 2" video although I haven't read the book that was recommended, and of course the MSF was good info. I took it a complete year before I actually started riding tho, so I feel I probably forgot a lot of it from lack of use. I was thinking about taking the advanced course in a few months with my own bike as a refresher and for more skills.

But the best way to learn is by doing. I want to ride in the mountains mostly because I LOVE THE MOUNTAINS, and the desert for that matter. The fun of the twisties and comraderie is just icing on the cake for me.

Would anyone ever be interested in a mid-week ride, like Wed/Thu? Likely less traffic and I always engineer my days off mid week when possible.

Databyter

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Good, after all, for me the point is also to enjoy the scenery and enjoy the locales. But I do like the idea of practicing cornering and multiple curves etc. I am competant for a noob on regular roads but I'm untested in the mountains. I have a feeling I will do fine at moderate speeds, and quicker just comes with experience. 
I do like the feel of a taking a good curve. It's a lot of fun. Unfortunately my commute is 99% freeway so I haven't had much opportunity to see what my innate skill level presently is, but I am 250 miles a week on the bike minimum, so I am coming along pretty well. I'm having fun on my commutes and have a lot of confidence.

I'm not completely ignorant, I braved the entire "twist of the wrist part 2" video although I haven't read the book that was recommended, and of course the MSF was good info. I took it a complete year before I actually started riding tho, so I feel I probably forgot a lot of it from lack of use. I was thinking about taking the advanced course in a few months with my own bike as a refresher and for more skills.

But the best way to learn is by doing. I want to ride in the mountains mostly because I LOVE THE MOUNTAINS, and the desert for that matter. The fun of the twisties and comraderie is just icing on the cake for me.

Would anyone ever be interested in a mid-week ride, like Wed/Thu? Likely less traffic and I always engineer my days off mid week when possible.

At this point with my skillset, I prefer corners that are of medium tightness. While I understand the appeal of switchbacks, to me personally, nothing compares to a prolonged posture hold in the corner and on something where I can feel a long acceleration, I feel the same way behind the wheel of a car. Corners like that also help ingrain what a corner feels like at a quicker pace since I'm in it longer. It still takes me around 30-40 mins of curves for me to loosen up and get comfortable throwing the bike around. It's amazing how much you learn from a solid day of riding country roads, of course you'll have to watch out for fatigue and the negative impacts of being on a bike for so long.

I agree with you 100% and that's probably why I haven't read any books on riding. It's much easier for me to retain things by doing or even watching. I love watching and imitating. Gives you a good baseline and from there you're able to adjust micros to throw in your own style or comfort.

What time are you talking about regarding a weekday right? If you're willing to meet up at 4:30-5pm please count me in. I'm not sure where you're located but I think you'd enjoy the Smugglers Run, we can meet up and run it at a moderate pace.

Feel free to throw me a DM!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
It was a good day!!!

1. I hate you and your wheelies
2. This was the video I was talking about. 2.5 hrs of crashes, NSFL warning.

At this point with my skillset, I prefer corners that are of medium tightness. While I understand the appeal of switchbacks, to me personally, nothing compares to a prolonged posture hold in the corner and on something where I can feel a long acceleration, I feel the same way behind the wheel of a car. Corners like that also help ingrain what a corner feels like at a quicker pace since I'm in it longer. It still takes me around 30-40 mins of curves for me to loosen up and get comfortable throwing the bike around. It's amazing how much you learn from a solid day of riding country roads, of course you'll have to watch out for fatigue and the negative impacts of being on a bike for so long.  
I agree with you 100% and that's probably why I haven't read any books on riding. It's much easier for me to retain things by doing or even watching. I love watching and imitating. Gives you a good baseline and from there you're able to adjust micros to throw in your own style or comfort.

What time are you talking about regarding a weekday right? If you're willing to meet up at 4:30-5pm please count me in. I'm not sure where you're located but I think you'd enjoy the Smugglers Run, we can meet up and run it at a moderate pace.

I usually scope the road and turns for a muscle memory run, and when i turn around i go 50%, when im in full gear i go between 75%+ depending on conditions

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

I usually scope the road and turns for a muscle memory run, and when i turn around i go 50%, when im in full gear i go between 75%+ depending on conditions

You bring up a good point in knowing the roads, I suppose I know Julian the best (via 79 off the 8) but Smugglers is closest to me, sees less traffic and has those sweeping turns that I like. Been trying to get to know it better.

You ever ride Smugglers? Its not very long but it's pretty nice.

^^^^ Nope, but you should host the next cruise
Too shy.

-_-"
  • Like 1

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"