The MT-07 Forum

Custom ECU Flashing Special

2wheeldynoworks

• Premium Member

It's my understanding that the flash will work with any throttle tube cam change because the fuel mapping is based off of the TPS and a few other inputs...all the throttle tube cam size does is effect how much twisting of the right wrist is needed to hit WOT...an r6 throttle tube cam is more aggressive than the fz-07 which allows way less twisting of the throttle...I personally would do the r6 throttle tube mod after I get my ecu reflashed because the fz-07 has waaaaaayyyyy to much engine braking for a r6 throttle tube mod...the reflash will practically eliminate the unnneeded dirt bike engine like braking qualities...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

bmwpowere36m3
I'm at least a 3 hr ride away out on the peninsula. Need to find a day I can take off and get this done. @2wheeldynoworks are you guys able to include a quick turn feature for the throttle in your flash?
we can only by law give you real time throttle control. as it stands, bikes dont give you real time throttle. if you ask for 100% throttle at 5000rpms, you don't get 100% throttle, you may get 60% throttle(depends on the throttle mapping/mode etc). with the flash, we give you what you ask for, if you twist the throttle it gives the same output as your input. If you wanted to change the throttle tube to something more aggressive, that's a hardware change you'd have to make on your own. as far as throttle mapping, we smooth it out and give you a proper connection from your right wrist to your rear tire. 

But the FZ-07 doesn't have a ride-by-wire system... If you twist the throttle 100%, the TB butterflies will be fully open and the TPS should be telling the ECU that's at WOT.

I don't believe the -07 has any throttle mapping, -09 does and selectable "modes"

2wheeldynoworks
we can only by law give you real time throttle control. as it stands, bikes dont give you real time throttle. if you ask for 100% throttle at 5000rpms, you don't get 100% throttle, you may get 60% throttle(depends on the throttle mapping/mode etc). with the flash, we give you what you ask for, if you twist the throttle it gives the same output as your input. If you wanted to change the throttle tube to something more aggressive, that's a hardware change you'd have to make on your own. as far as throttle mapping, we smooth it out and give you a proper connection from your right wrist to your rear tire. 
But the FZ-07 doesn't have a ride-by-wire system... If you twist the throttle 100%, the TB butterflies will be fully open and the TPS should be telling the ECU that's at WOT.

I don't believe the -07 has any throttle mapping, -09 does and selectable "modes"
i have to state the same regardless of the bike/forum. lawsuits have come and gone because of this exact issue. however i should have clarified further, my apologies. 

• 2 months later...

Can you explain how your flash is different/better than other options such as piggybacks like the DynoJet Power Commander? I'm on the fence for one of those since I can load my own maps and make modifications to the tune just by hooking up my laptop. I do have experience tuning wise for vehicles and have the understanding of how it is done. The only difference I can see is that your tune is overwritten to the ECU, just like I've done on vehicles, whereas the piggyback is in conjunction with the stock ecu. Other than that, same tune characteristics could be loaded to both correct? I'm willing to support a board sponsor if this is going to give me the better end results.

2wheeldynoworks
Can you explain how your flash is different/better than other options such as piggybacks like the DynoJet Power Commander? I'm on the fence for one of those since I can load my own maps and make modifications to the tune just by hooking up my laptop. I do have experience tuning wise for vehicles and have the understanding of how it is done. The only difference I can see is that your tune is overwritten to the ECU, just like I've done on vehicles, whereas the piggyback is in conjunction with the stock ecu. Other than that, same tune characteristics could be loaded to both correct? I'm willing to support a board sponsor if this is going to give me the better end results.
We've spent hundreds of hours developing and fine tuning the ecu flash on our dyno and with real world datalogging and rider feedback. Since you have experience tuning you know there's only so much a piggy back can do. We're fixing everything at the core, not just tricking it. Piggy backs have a high rate of failure after 3 years as well. The restrictions hard coded into the ecu can't be removed by a piggy back system. All the emissions regulations bs is gone with the flash.

Depending on your modifications, you shouldn't need another map, however we always do free updates if you decide to go with another exhaust etc. Gimme a call/text 425-269-5332 to go over more specifics if you like. 

• 2 weeks later...

Denny,
Not a dumb ?
But......if you look back to page one of this thread, you can see I asked the same ? And then the vendor answered several questions on one page,,,,,,Below is that answer to my similar ?

"it should be very similar to the carbon. we are trying to get as many bikes n pipes in as possible to create the flashes though so hopefully someone will pop in with one soon."

• 2 months later...
AlbatrossCafe
If you are a local and able to come down to the shop with an exhaust or modification we don't currently have a flash for, we are offering free dyno time to create your very own custom flash, we'll even do the install or modification for you for free! For $319, you get your very own custom ecu flash with any install work for free and dyno time for free.  
So if you have a pipe not on that list, or want one, come on down, we'll install it for free, dyno it for free, all for the price of a flash, $319. 
Sweet... pipe install, possible snorkel/baffle removal, and ECU flash for $319. I will be coming down with a Graves exhaust for a flash in about a month or so. I can't wait!

• Premium Member
19501 Woodinville-Snohomish RD, Woodinville, WA, 98072 Google Streetview is a few years old and shows Bam RaceTech but that's our building for the last 4 years :)
I didnt realize you are so close. In the spring i will schedule a time to get a tune done form my bike with the full arrow exhaust

2wheeldynoworks
If you are a local and able to come down to the shop with an exhaust or modification we don't currently have a flash for, we are offering free dyno time to create your very own custom flash, we'll even do the install or modification for you for free! For $319, you get your very own custom ecu flash with any install work for free and dyno time for free.  
So if you have a pipe not on that list, or want one, come on down, we'll install it for free, dyno it for free, all for the price of a flash, $319. 
Sweet... pipe install, possible snorkel/baffle removal, and ECU flash for $319. I will be coming down with a Graves exhaust for a flash in about a month or so. I can't wait!
Awesome! Just shoot us an email/message/call prior so we get ya scheduled properly! We do have multiple locations we travel to :) Email will work best honestly 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com 

19501 Woodinville-Snohomish RD, Woodinville, WA, 98072 Google Streetview is a few years old and shows Bam RaceTech but that's our building for the last 4 years :)
I didnt realize you are so close. In the spring i will schedule a time to get a tune done form my bike with the full arrow exhaust
Shoot us an email 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com and we'll see how soon we can get ya dialed in! No reason to wait until spring when we're supposed to have a super warm la nino winter up here

Archived