The MT-07 Forum

What have you bought from Revzilla lately?

1finefz09

Did not like it?  I love mine .. about to post pics

I got a Kriega US-20, but I am quite disappointed the return policy doesn't allow for free shipping, while I completely understand why, I steers me away from ordering from them and buying local, I will never buy gear from the I don't get to to try on in person..I will only buy accessories from them if I have to

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bmwpowere36m3
I got a Kriega US-20, but I am quite disappointed the return policy doesn't allow for free shipping, while I completely understand why, I steers me away from ordering from them and buying local, I will never buy gear from the I don't get to to try on in person..I will only buy accessories from them if I have to
In my opinion the Revzilla return policy is actually quite good. I was able to return my saddleman tunnel bag after attempting to install it on the passenger seat, only to find it didnt fit over the widest part. Got my Rma label the next day and had the credit on my account by the begining of the next week.

+1

I've had great experiences with them. Always took things back no problem. For "gear" (wearable) I believe the first exchange is always free. I've ordered two sizes at a time and returned the one that didn't fit as well.

• Premium Member

Let's me this simple since I was quoted over 4 times..I like revzilla, I will buy again, I love my Kriega bag, I understand why they offer free return shipping (I work with a for a big online store and are in-charge of parcel delivery and logistics so I understand cost very much), I am just used to Amazon Prime type of return policy- they make it so easy to buy and not feel like I messed up by ordering the wrong thing without being 100% will fit. Nothing can be perfect and in my mind I just have to remember that while I don't pay for taxes I just have to factor the potential of $5.75 (or whatever the return label is) when I purchase from them...Hope that helped clear things out

@tanner68 @jerryv @sorkyah 

I purchased the Rev'it Vapor Jacket and Pants. Loving them so far.

I ordered the Alpine Viper jacket. It came quick and is overall a really nice jacket.

johnnybeagle
Let's me this simple since I was quoted over 4 times..I like revzilla, I will buy again, I love my Kriega bag, I understand why they offer free return shipping (I work with a for a big online store and are in-charge of parcel delivery and logistics so I understand cost very much), I am just used to Amazon Prime type of return policy- they make it so easy to buy and not feel like I messed up by ordering the wrong thing without being 100% will fit. Nothing can be perfect and in my mind I just have to remember that while I don't pay for taxes I just have to factor the potential of $5.75 (or whatever the return label is) when I purchase from them...Hope that helped clear things out 

Amazon charges me for return shipping when I decide I don't want something I ordered

• Premium Member

Amazon charges me for return shipping when I decide I don't want something I ordered
...and if Amazon Prime does not, don't forget you pay $99 a year for that service  ;)

• Premium Member

I pay $50 as a student but yes, again more than probably anyone here I understand money when it comes down to shipping costs and labor behind it, while I dislike it, sometimes it's my only option..now can we move on or we can keep going on talking about me dislking the fact I pay for returning something that if possible I could do for free if my local shop had it but since they don't at times, I am then a victim of the pricey commodity of inventory crisis

• Premium Member

Also, Amazon prime offers video, music...so yeah the $99 or $50 is pretty much nothing when it comes down to compering alternatives for those two things, not even counting hassle free returns...

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I love the RS-1. Best helmet I have ever owned, period. Bell is so under rated, and the RS-1 is right up there with the Shoei helmets.  
The interior is so well craftet and plush, lightweight helmet with awesome ventilation and the Transitions shield is the way to go.

I second that, the helmet is super light as well.  Transitions is definitely the way to go.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I like revzilla, I've bought the majority of my starter gear (Rev'it jacket, gloves, pants) from them. Their video reviews are helpful as are the customer followup reviews.

I dunno if any of you have ordered from Motorcyclesuperstore.com but they pretty much have a similar inventory and prices are comparable. They don't have the vids that Revzilla has but their warehouse/outlet (read: discounts!) is in Louisville, KY so if any of you live near there you can go into their shop and pull up anything you want to try on from the website and they'll go get it from the warehouse. Nicest dudes too! I was just down there for Derby and my husband bought the men's Olympia Dakar jacket and pants for a hella-discounted price and they shipped it home for us.

kakusaizou

I actually tried to buy most of my gear from Helmetcity last year when I was new since they had the free 2-day shipping promo. It wasn't until the outrageous response from the owner that I started looking elsewhere--owner swore at me for ordering extra gear and returning them. Frankly didn't even realize how big Revzilla was until I started putting orders in. No hassling and competitive pricing has me pretty much hooked. I will never forget the conversation I had that day with the owner of Helmetcity--now presumably out of business.

Looks like buying and returning is a huge pet peeve to most places. There's no local business that carries the selection of items I want and can try so I have to resort to online retailers and that means having to place orders and return most of them. Sportbiketrackgear even has this policy: "Note: Please do not abuse this policy by ordering multiples of the same or similar items with the intention of returning the majority of the order. If you need assistance choosing the right size etc., please contact us and we will be happy to help!". I've also avoided buying from them. At least with Revzilla I can order multiple sizes and make sure one fits correctly (very rare in my experience that Alpinestars chart sizes are correct).

Yes this sounds like one of those paid messages but I don't care, at least someone in the sector has done it right.

Returns kill most retailers. It's hard to resell an item that has been returned, even if it looks new still. Would you want to pay full price for something that was already bought, worn and sent back? I wouldn't either. So then they have to try and sell it used at a lower price, which then kills their profit on that item.

Companies like Revzilla have a certain amount of money in their budget for returns/losses because 1, they have the budget to cover it and 2, they want to simply dominate the industry. And, it's working for them. Helmet City had really great prices, but did not have the budget to cover returns/losses. I feel bad for them kind of. It's hard to have both low prices AND generous return policies.

I could "on paper" make a killing by opening an online store and giving premium members a discount on parts, accessories and gear. But when I really looked at it, the manufacturers tell everyone how low they can go in price, if you go lower they cut you off. This keeps things fair for Vendors across the board and avoids pricing wars.

And then I looked at returns. Returns would kill me financially and I would probably become like the guy from Helmet city.

So, I went with supporting Vendors instead and am still looking at adding more. And they have giveaways, contests and discounts. In fact, have you found another forum with so many giveaways?

It seems to be working out pretty good for us and I love our supporting Vendors. What a great group of business owners we have.

I wish that Revzilla would become a supporting Vendor too. Maybe you guys should all email them and suggest that?

Bought a helmet for the lady and planning on getting my exhaust through them, too. Shipping was surprisingly fast to CA

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a forcefield backpad pro insert for my jacket from revzilla. It's supposed to arrive today! Figured it was time to upgrade my little foam back pad seeing as I've been commuting and riding a lot more on my bike these days.

Kriega R25 and the Kube pocket to go with it. I had $25 in Zilla cash, so the Kube was basically free!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

How much does revzilla pay for threads like this?
Revzilla pays nothing to us, their commitment to their customers deserves mega recognition. They do things right.
I have been catching up on this thread and reading from the beginning.

In today's digital age, it's very easy to spread bad reviews.
Most people, however, don't spend the time to compliment businesses and people who do it right.
Revzilla is one of those companies and they deserve the free praise
Also
This helps the biker community as it lets people know of a reputable and well priced supplier of motorcycle goods who might not have heard of Revzilla previously

They also stepped up out of the blue last month to offer up a giftcard for the contest. Great company. Also, we have a great bunch of supporting Vendors too. I try to bring in Vendors who do things right and who are committed to their customers.

Archived