The MT-07 Forum

Acerbis X-Tarmac Handguards

So, I saw these while I was just scrolling through things for our bike on Revzilla. I absolutely love the look of them and I especially love the fact you can hook that electroluminescent strip up and use it as a running light. So, I looked it up on [/url]Google and I come to find most pictures of this are of these on our bikes.. So I guess these are pretty popular within the FZ-07/MT-07 community. This is the first I've seen them though. What are your thoughts? I think I'll be getting these pretty soon. I guess great minds think alike because other FZ/MT owners have already jumped on these. Haha

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

Don't know if I can like them for that much $$$. They look cool though ;-)

Don't know if I can like them for that much $$$. They look cool though ;-)
They are expensive. I will say that. I guess they are more of a novelty that provides some function. I think they look pretty neat though and I want to add some cool unique stuff to my bike and this seems to fit the bill. Haha

I guess a guy at MCN reviewed them and he had an MT-07 he reviewed them with. Haha They seem to be a perfect fit for the FZ-07. I guess maybe that's why people over in Europe have them for their MTs.

• Premium Member

Good find! Best looking hand gaurds I've seen match the FZ/MT. About $50 more than I would be willing to fork out for em though but, you never know...

If Revzilla sold them with the option to not include the light strip, it would be closer to $100, but they don't. It's ok though because honestly I would get the light lit anyways.

I ordered them last weekend.
not cheap but I thought I deserved a gift from me to myself....lol
still waiting to receive them

they really look cool, this pic sold it for me, same color and same windshield

mt07.jpg

I ordered them last weekend. not cheap but I thought I deserved a gift from me to myself....lol

Make sure to let us know when you get them and to tell us what you think of them. I'm anxious to hear what a member here thinks of them.

• Premium Member

Hmmm... not sure if I really need these, but they do look sorta badass :)

• Global Moderator

They look pretty nice, i wonder if the stock FJ-09 handguards would fit our bike

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Hmmm... not sure if I really need these, but they do look sorta badass :)
Especially with the blue light strips.  ;)

They look pretty nice, i wonder if the stock FJ-09 handguards would fit our bike
That would be an interesting crossover. Look into that more and let us know!

• Global Moderator
That would be an interesting crossover. Look into that more and let us know!
Will do, gotta hit up the dealership tomorrow afternoon

I ordered them last weekend. not cheap but I thought I deserved a gift from me to myself....lol

Make sure to let us know when you get them and to tell us what you think of them. I'm anxious to hear what a member here thinks of them.
They just crossed the border to Canada today, I think I'll get them on monday or a surprise tomorrow.

Got the handguards today but the insert for the handlebars doesn't fit. It needs a special insert, sent an email to get the right ones. So it's gonna have to wait.

Got the handguards today but the insert for the handlebars doesn't fit. It needs a special insert, sent an email to get the right ones. So it's gonna have to wait.
Well that's no fun. Let us know what insert we would need if we want to get them ourselves.

Well, after sending an email to Revzilla, they don't have the fitting to attached the handguards to the end bars. It exist because it's listed for the MT-07 in Europe.
I sent an email directly to Acerbis and they forward me to a part number that doesn't fit either.
So I returned the handguards to Revzilla.
Even if it's a bad turnout, Revzilla answered me fast and well.

• Global Moderator

in response to my earlier suggestion, the FJ-09 brush guards are compatible being they use a very similar bar and I was able to mock one up on a stock 07 at the dealership. The parts to complete the install however are quite numerous. Here is a link to the specific exploded view for the guards.

Well, after sending an email to Revzilla, they don't have the fitting to attached the handguards to the end bars. It exist because it's listed for the MT-07 in Europe. I sent an email directly to Acerbis and they forward me to a part number that doesn't fit either.
So I returned the handguards to Revzilla.
Even if it's a bad turnout, Revzilla answered me fast and well.
That's a shame.. I was really looking forward to having these. Well, even though you didn't put them on, how was the build quality and fit and finish of the hand guards?

They really look like good quality and fits well with the bike. Other handhuards look more like for an off road bike...
I'm still gonna look around to find something

I bought tonight Powemadd handguards from a local accessories shop & installed them. I'll post some pics tomorrow, it was getting to dark to take pictures.
They look pretty good, they're not as high quality finish as the Acerbis X-Tarmac but they cost 1/3 the price...

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

I'm interested in the hand guards. Could you tell me what mounts you used along with the hand guards? How was the installation?

Archived