The MT-07 Forum

Is anybody considering a headlight bulb upgrade?

Guru

• Premium Member
@biggaudi do you have a pic of it in the street? Wanna see what the coverage on the road looks like. And did you have to adjust the height?
So let me just apologize for the pics to come. My phone is a bit older and I'm a crap photographer. Bad combo. But, you should get a feel for the difference in distance from low to high beam. The crisp white LED picks up a lot of objects and signs in the distance. And no, I did not have to adjust the height.

4ac220e53343441d4b81a2bfc51c6d19.jpg
d2f020d0579df3c068fcda6d76b33d63.jpg
12a89a6a07ff0c919d9e93d980aa063c.jpg
518529e1df15ceb4f49e47274231c877.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@biggaudi do you have a pic of it in the street? Wanna see what the coverage on the road looks like. And did you have to adjust the height?
So let me just apologize for the pics to come. My phone is a bit older and I'm a crap photographer. Bad combo. But, you should get a feel for the difference in distance from low to high beam. The crisp white LED picks up a lot of objects and signs in the distance. And no, I did not have to adjust the height. 
4ac220e53343441d4b81a2bfc51c6d19.jpg
d2f020d0579df3c068fcda6d76b33d63.jpg
12a89a6a07ff0c919d9e93d980aa063c.jpg
518529e1df15ceb4f49e47274231c877.jpg
that's perfect! thanks man!

• 4 weeks later...
yamobethere

I ordered the lumileds bulb that I linked earlier, hopefully it will be here in a week or so. They come in pairs so if anyone is interested in picking up the second one it will be $40 + Shipping, let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

I finally get out my FZ tonight. I will not post a picture of my view on the bike but I was able to get a picture in my garage with my brother's bike (completely stock) to compere our headlight beam. His bike is a Kawasaki ninja 650 abs. Here is the result. I absolutely need to tell that the picture does not reflect the reality. The reality is the My Lumiled was near 2 time brighter than his OEM halogen bulb, lets say 1.5 time brigther to be conservative.

Here is at low beam:
P1140384_zpsmrco6rkg.jpg

Here is at high beam:
P1140386_zps8brc0mn5.jpg

As you could see, With the low beam, I have some artefact above the horizon line that I cannot remove even with the bulb ajustment. But it is really few and I don't think this could bother any other driver on the road.

About the high beam, I must say that it is incredible!!! Just Incredible!!!!

About the color, it is sold for a 6500k and IMO I have a sligtly little blue effect That I would like to avoid but I didn't had the color choice. I would opt for an 6000K or 5500K.

Also, Just don't forget that My camera doesn't reflect the real color. My beam is really bright with white/very little blue color and my Bro was more yellow compare to me (halogen).

Hope this can help someone!!

• 3 weeks later...
yamobethere

Got my Lumiled installed, definitely way more white than the halogen. Very happy with the result! @eraser8 did a pretty good job taking pics but if anyone wants any other images I'd be happy to oblige.

dEu8W8u.jpg

Thanks for the pic @yamobethere !

Which socket position (small line) did you use by turning the bulb in the socket? If I remember well, I used the second line. It would be great if you could take a pic of your low and high beam on a wall or garage door, just to compare mine with yours.

Edit: Also, where did you installed the ballast?
And did you modified the heat sink or just turn it to have the large part near of the light?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and found this light on amazon.  Just finished the install and came across this thread a couple weeks ago.  Figure I will share my way to LED heaven.  OPT7 LED H4, installed.  Light is rated for 3,500+ lumens.  Install was easy, much like the install for the Lumileds.  Like I said just to show another option for $60.  Hope you enjoy.

Link for bulb on amazon  

[url=]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WVJR0D8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[/url]  Haven't figured out how to add photos with this forum yet but 3,500 lumens does it for me.  

I wanted to tint my headlight, mainly for protection of the headlight against road grime that may fly up. I noticed that the stock headlight made the lens super hot and the tint tends to trap the heat and the lens itself will bubble up, causing the need to buy a whole new headlight casing (happened when I tinted my stepdad's R6 headlights). I got an LED bulb and the added fan on the back fits just fine. It basically goes between the forks so you have plenty of room. It's super bright too, so the tint will help to not blind people. I had to put the adapter into the headlight socket first, clip it in, then twist the led through that with the rubber holding piece already slipped around the led assembly. Pain in the a** but well worth it. I do recommend the tinting if you do this because, like I said, thy are super bright. I've gotten glares in midday for having high beams on when I'm actually on low beam.

I used this:

Factory Wholesale 1pcs H4 Super Bright 6000k 3000lm 32w Dc12v Led Lamp DRL Fog Light LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb for KTM Honda https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UX5WRBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0M5wxb40D0D6S

• 1 month later...
I wanted to tint my headlight, mainly for protection of the headlight against road grime that may fly up. I noticed that the stock headlight made the lens super hot and the tint tends to trap the heat and the lens itself will bubble up, causing the need to buy a whole new headlight casing (happened when I tinted my stepdad's R6 headlights). I got an LED bulb and the added fan on the back fits just fine. It basically goes between the forks so you have plenty of room. It's super bright too, so the tint will help to not blind people. I had to put the adapter into the headlight socket first, clip it in, then twist the led through that with the rubber holding piece already slipped around the led assembly. Pain in the a** but well worth it. I do recommend the tinting if you do this because, like I said, thy are super bright. I've gotten glares in midday for having high beams on when I'm actually on low beam.  
I used this:

Factory Wholesale 1pcs H4 Super Bright 6000k 3000lm 32w Dc12v Led Lamp DRL Fog Light LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb for KTM Honda https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UX5WRBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0M5wxb40D0D6S

How did you handle the water proof plastic cover?

Thaks

Archived