The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Flash Dyno charts!

2wheeldynoworks

If my bike didn't run well, or I still had the stock system fitted, I would be all over the graphs - so thank you very much to 2wheeldynoworks for posting them! However, since my bike with its high flow air filter and short Arrows full system goes like a bat out of hell and sound just right - albeit a bit loud - I will deny myself ogling the graphs and tell myself I'm happy as is.

• 2 weeks later...

What exhaust systems have you tested WITH the DNA stage 2 filter and cover? I am looking to buy an exhaust and filter but don't want to be stuck in the situation where you don't have the tune for a certain combination. Thanks!

What exhaust systems have you tested WITH the DNA stage 2 filter and cover? I am looking to buy an exhaust and filter but don't want to be stuck in the situation where you don't have the tune for a certain combination. Thanks!

As stated before, 2wdw is a very busy shop and often just doesn't have time to login here. I totally suggest calling and getting an instant answer to your questions (425) 269-5332

And airfilters do not make enough of a difference to worry about man. I'm sorry, but the little hp they may make is usually at a weird rpm point and hardly even noticed. Sometimes Tuners actually see a drop in performance with so called high performance airfilters.

As stated before, 2wdw is a very busy shop and often just doesn't have time to login here. I totally suggest calling and getting an instant answer to your questions (425) 269-5332 
And airfilters do not make enough of a difference to worry about man. I'm sorry, but the little hp they may make is usually at a weird rpm point and hardly even noticed. Sometimes Tuners actually see a drop in performance with so called high performance airfilters.

Is that the case for the DNA filter setup? On the website they make it pretty clear that a fuel calibration will be needed to compensate the extra air flow. They claim is has "179.76%" more flow over the stock setup. And they have some real geeky looking flow charts that look pretty convincing to back it up. Just would like some honest feedback before spending the money. From my understanding the kit deletes the stock snorkel and the filter has a significantly bigger port than stock.

• Premium Member

Is that the case for the DNA filter setup? On the website they make it pretty clear that a fuel calibration will be needed to compensate the extra air flow. They claim is has "179.76%" more flow over the stock setup. And they have some real geeky looking flow charts that look pretty convincing to back it up. Just would like some honest feedback before spending the money. From my understanding the kit deletes the stock snorkel and the filter has a significantly bigger port than stock.
Here is the general analysis on the air filters and differ styles...https://fz07.org/thread/7952/airbox-modification-simulation-testing-conclusion

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Here is the general analysis on the air filters and differ styles...https://fz07.org/thread/7952/airbox-modification-simulation-testing-conclusion

Again, I would call Nels and double check and if Im wrong let me know. Id be really interested to see if these 2 hp gains are in a range where they are actually usable hp, and also if the Torque drops at all at those ranges.

I'm real freakish about my air filters and keeping any dirt out of my engine, which scratches up the cylinder really easily, which then drops torque and HP and lowers life of the engine. And my engines last a long time because of this. On my dirtbikes, I religiously change out the airfilter and check in intake for dirt after each ride. I actually have 6 perfectly oiled air filters sitting in ziplock bags waiting to be used. If riding near or in sand I even cover my dirtbike air filters with a prefilter cover. I put grease on the bottom of my street and dirbike filters to make sure they stick to the bottom so no dirty air can get sucked in.

Raceteams run minimal filtration for that extra 2-3 hp because they are gonna junk that engine and replace it after each event anyways but with my bikes, I have always chosen to go with max filtration because I need that engine to last and don't want dirt to get in, scratch a cylinder and drop my hp 10 points just to get 2-3 hp for a couple of days. To me, the risk is simply just not worth it.

I probably sound like an old fuddy duddy but Im actually a very fast rider on street, track and on dirt. And, my engines last a long time. But just my opinion.

I just have never lost a race do to the other guy's airfilter.

Checked in with 2wdw in regard to the DNA setup. They did testing on it and results were very close to stock with snorkel removed. No power gains over stock filter which is great because now I can save the money for other mods!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Also consider the MWR filter+lid combo @bellissimoto can get for us. Pretty sure he can make a good deal on them and at least in @pgeldz bike the dyno test showed MWR was little bit better than DNA. For more info you can check @bellissimoto post here:

https://fz07.org/thread/7572/new-mwr-filtercover-breaks-cover

Hope it helps bro!

- Pancho
  • Like 1

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• 2 months later...

Just a heads up, that most of the Dyno images were lost in the Picture Host change. It would be helpful to have them back!

i will get on that right away
Perfect, thanks! And by the way, do you have a map for this exhaust? It's the newer Akrapovic exhaust that I am thinking of buying

• 1 month later...

Is there anywhere else to view the graphs that got lost in the Great Photbucket Debacle of 2017?

I'm curious if there are any notable power gains to be had with flashing a stock bike.

2 hours ago, TheWulf said:

Looks like they're gone :/ Not working for me with the extension.

@2wheeldynoworks Any chance you can repost them? :)

There are lots of requests in this thread to see those charts, but no attempts made to provide them.I know they can't spend every day on a forum like this, but the information is not available on their website either. Odd. This is a very popular model. You'd think their website would at least have information for their customers to peruse, not just a "Buy Now" button and a blurb claiming 12.5% more power. 

I'm extremely interested in Arrow's X kone setup for these bikes, but am finding little information online regarding what tuning is required, does it perform well, are there flashes available,etc.... The more I try to learn about ecu flashing services, the more I'm inclined to buy a data link and hire a local company to tune for me. As a self employed businessman myself, I'm very apprehensive about a company that doesn't strive hard to provide information about their services, answer messages or return emails. I'm feeling extremely apprehensive about mailing my ecu to these people. My apologies if that sounds rude, but it's just the truth. 

• Confused 1

Most vendors have hundreds of forum accounts and don't visit them unless they get a notification or they're posting a special deal, which is why I pinged them directly in their own thread.

They seem to have a lot of satisfied customers and I'm sure they'd share the info if contacted directly. I wouldn't be too worried about it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shinyribs said:

There are lots of requests in this thread to see those charts, but no attempts made to provide them.I know they can't spend every day on a forum like this, but the information is not available on their website either. Odd. This is a very popular model. You'd think their website would at least have information for their customers to peruse, not just a "Buy Now" button and a blurb claiming 12.5% more power. 

I'm extremely interested in Arrow's X kone setup for these bikes, but am finding little information online regarding what tuning is required, does it perform well, are there flashes available,etc.... The more I try to learn about ecu flashing services, the more I'm inclined to buy a data link and hire a local company to tune for me. As a self employed businessman myself, I'm very apprehensive about a company that doesn't strive hard to provide information about their services, answer messages or return emails. I'm feeling extremely apprehensive about mailing my ecu to these people. My apologies if that sounds rude, but it's just the truth. 

In the three years they have been on here, this is first time I've heard of them not returning actual emails. They always email me right back.

there are hundreds of very satisfied customers here, tons of great reviews. Have you actually picked up the phone and called them?

i think you are being a big unfair, as they are very popular around here and most other bike forums because of their customer service. They don't have time to be on here a lot, they are busy in the phone with actual customers and flashing ecus and supporting race teams on weekends.

and also helping people who tried to flash their own ecu's and messed them up. 

Just now, Cruizin said:

They don't have time to be on here a lot

I'm sure. That's exactly what I said.

. Like I said, it wasn't trying to be rude, but people have been asking for information on their services for a couple years ( I'm just speaking to this thread)  with no apparent clarification. I understand being busy in real life, so a reply being delayed a couple weeks or even a month or two is understandable. 

I'm not being unfair. I'm not making harmful attacks. Many people are interested in their product,but they are not finding answers. So it seems they either 1) buy blindly and hope for the best; or 2) go elsewhere. 

I never implied they did bad work. I'm sure if you mail them your box they will flash something on it and send it back. I'm not sure of anything else, though. And the people (2WDW) with these answers aren't forthcoming. Yes, I have tried to contact them personally.

As I said before...just being honest, not rude. If my customer communication in my own business was costing me potential business/profit, I would not be offended if someone brought it to my attention. I would remedy the situation. They do have a website. Even if they don't have time to update threads here ( completely understandable, like I said before) you would think they would want to keep their own website up to date. I keep my own advertising current and available to my customers, because I care about my product and I want new customers. So, in my eyes only, when a company doesn't put in the effort to reach out to their customers, it makes ME apprehensive. When I want to buy someone's product I want direct answers from that person, not an online response from someone else on a forum saying " yeah, they sent it back and now my bike's sick, yo.".  Your opinion may vary, and that's fine. 

Sorry for a long post. Just anted to clarify where my head was at, and hopefully remove the idea that I was being unfair, or trying to attack them. I wasn't.

Edit: Full disclosure. I just received an email reply from them as I was typing this. My 3rd email to them over two weeks, but in all fairness I only sent this last email early this morning. Perhaps my previous emails never made it to them. 

Edited by shinyribs

45 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

I'm sure. That's exactly what I said.

. Like I said, it wasn't trying to be rude, but people have been asking for information on their services for a couple years ( I'm just speaking to this thread)  with no apparent clarification. I understand being busy in real life, so a reply being delayed a couple weeks or even a month or two is understandable. 

I'm not being unfair. I'm not making harmful attacks. Many people are interested in their product,but they are not finding answers. So it seems they either 1) buy blindly and hope for the best; or 2) go elsewhere. 

I never implied they did bad work. I'm sure if you mail them your box they will flash something on it and send it back. I'm not sure of anything else, though. And the people (2WDW) with these answers aren't forthcoming. Yes, I have tried to contact them personally.

As I said before...just being honest, not rude. If my customer communication in my own business was costing me potential business/profit, I would not be offended if someone brought it to my attention. I would remedy the situation. They do have a website. Even if they don't have time to update threads here ( completely understandable, like I said before) you would think they would want to keep their own website up to date. I keep my own advertising current and available to my customers, because I care about my product and I want new customers. So, in my eyes only, when a company doesn't put in the effort to reach out to their customers, it makes ME apprehensive. When I want to buy someone's product I want direct answers from that person, not an online response from someone else on a forum saying " yeah, they sent it back and now my bike's sick, yo.".  Your opinion may vary, and that's fine. 

Sorry for a long post. Just anted to clarify where my head was at, and hopefully remove the idea that I was being unfair, or trying to attack them. I wasn't.

Edit: Full disclosure. I just received an email reply from them as I was typing this. My 3rd email to them over two weeks, but in all fairness I only sent this last email early this morning. Perhaps my previous emails never made it to them. 

Kinda surprised that you didn't call them then. And remember, a ton of their pics got wiped by Photobucket, as has happened to all forums this summer and then we lost a bunch of pics in the forum transfer.

• Premium Member

Akra Ti- best hp/tq by a good margin ...it's close to 75whp/55TQ

IXIL- THE WORST EXHAUST- performance is well below a tuned stock exhaust flash... I can't even recall the HP/TQ but it was bad...

All others name brands such as arrow, graves, leo vince, etc all perform really close to each other- avg differ was up to 1.5hp or tq...avg was 70whp/50TQ

Dyno graphs are pretty to look at but what they totally cannot show is how much smoother the motor runs... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Ya i called once outta the blue like 8pm Est and Nels didnt mind talking to me for like 10 minutes and said call or text him anytime, really cool dude.

4 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Kinda surprised that you didn't call them then.

I prefer to call, but I've been to busy during business hours lately. 

I apologize coming across as a jerk earlier. It was intended more as constructive criticism...and maybe a bit of a vent?

• Like 1