The MT-07 Forum

Welcome to 2 Wheel Dynoworks!

Cruizin

I would LOVE to read a review of this service for the FZ-07 by anybody here that goes for it and gets this done because I want to know if this improves the stock snatchy throttle when going from throttle closed to throttle open.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh ok just wanted to make the EJK was not required for this also.

So would you need the EJK to do this flash? Or could you just send in your ECU and have it done even though you dont own a EJK?
You just send in your ECU. The EJK is a fuel controller, nothing to do with the ECU flash. Two totally different companies. Was just stating that the EJK will still work with an ECU flash.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

The price is out there for all to see but the dyno results aren't?

Hrm, says a supporting member of this site.

-HowWorkClutch

bmwpowere36m3
So @bmwpowere36m3 how exactly do you tune for our specific aftermarket exhaust without us sending it in? Do you have to buy one and tune? Also, for your system to work with the EJK properly, would you need to know the specific mapping that we individually have set on the EJK that was set for each specific exhaust or does your system somehow work the same regardless of the specific EJK tune that is set? One more question and I'll leave you the hell alone. I live in the desert so I'd want my fans to stay at the stock temp on and off so I don't wear them out as quickly riding in 115 F, could that be done or does your system automatically change everything or require additional programing and consequently more money to make that modification (or rather not make that modification) in your system?
I'm just a fellow member/consumer commenting like Cruzin said... I believe the process for developing the "tune" is no different than the approach taken by EJK. Customer's lend their bike/s to the tuner (with a certain set of mods) and they develop a tune based on dyno-testing. Ideally they can test a couple bikes in each configuration (as their will be some variability between bikes). Based on the tuning, EJK for example will provide a "recommended" setting for a given set of mods. A flash ECU service, will instead "hard-code" that info into the ECU. The benefit with the EJK, is that you can still "fine-tune" the fuel trim for any slight differences in your bikes, riding style and conditions (elevation, temp, humidity).  Whereas with the flash ECU, it would need to be reflashed (which might be inconvenient, depending).  That's where something like the Dynojet PC shines, if you like to really mess around with ALL the parameters.  If you have the software/cable, you can do it to your heart's content.

If the flash ECU is properly developed, then I can only assume the EJK (if installed as well) would be set near "zero" (i.e., have very little influence on fueling)... at least it should.
I'll wait for the vendor to comment more

• Premium Member

Just a quick FYI, this is the company that did the flash for Nick Stoltec of Stoltec Moto for the FZ-09, and from what I've read, the flash for that is absolutely AMAZING.

Really glad to see more options for us. This is GREAT NEWS!

Now, Nels, if your reading this, would you be willing to fly to Vegas and tune my bike if I provide airfare and a shop and dyno? I think I'm the only one in the US with the AKra Ti (baffle removed), DNA filter and DNA Stage 2 Airbox Cover so if I were to do this I'd want the map developed on MY bike at my altitude.

:)

- Paulie

Nels is slammed with orders from my FJ-09 members. He became a vendor there weeks ago. He will update with some dynos soon but you can also call him and leave him a voicemail if he doesnt answer. He is literally on the dyno all day long.

2wheeldynoworks

Thank you for the introduction Cruizin! We'll be getting on a whole lot more to help answer all your questions. Feel free to message me with anything i can help clear up for you

All you need is a MPPS cable, a laptop and the right software file .... but where to get the effing software?!!  >:D
Wow a cable, laptop and software to physically locate and remove a microprocessor?  Cool!  What will these kids think of these days.  :)
I misread/misunderstood you. I somehow took that as it would be nice to be able to flash tune yourself. Sorry, wasn't having a good day yesterday, non focused, Yamaha dealership took me for $52 and caused me intermittent brain farts I was so upset. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I'll wait for the vendor to comment more

Alright, thanks for your thoughts, I saw the bright green stars under your name and thought for some reason you were the vendor for this mod, my bad.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
Wow a cable, laptop and software to physically locate and remove a microprocessor?  Cool!  What will these kids think of these days.  :)
I misread/misunderstood you. I somehow took that as it would be nice to be able to flash tune yourself. Sorry, wasn't having a good day yesterday, non focused, Yamaha dealership took me for $52 and caused me intermittent brain farts I was so upset. 
haha no worries

2wheeldynoworks
I see you say with the ECU flash the EJK works better. My question is do you or can you provide the settings the EJK needs according to the exhaust system we're using? Along with baffle in or out and snorkel on or off?
Any fuel trimming you do on your own fuel programmer would need to be done by you or your dyno tuner. Our flash includes fueling for your modifications and we include lifetime reflashes if you change exhaust etc so if you chose to run a fuel programmer on it as well, that'd be entirely up to you but it is not necessary with the flash. 

2wheeldynoworks

Just a quick shout out to everyone, we're still getting used to the forums and quote features so if we miss one of your questions, please accept our apologies and send us a message directly and we'd be happy to answer any and all questions. we're trying to get everyone questions answered and appreciate your patience while we get up to speed around here :)

For the following, username and post was copy/pasted and the answers are preceded by > Having trouble finding the multi-quote button for some reason

@bmwpowere36m3 -
I'd assume with the ECU flash, the EJK wouldn't be necessary... unless you want to keep tweaking the fuel trims. The flash would be mod-specific, so you shouldn't "need" to mess with fueling further.

>You are correct

@maalna2 - So would you need the EJK to do this flash? Or could you just send in your ECU and have it done even though you dont own a EJK?

>You would not need a fuel programmer for this flash. You can send in your ECU and have the fueling included in the flash.  

@fz07fanboy - I'd still like to know that since the ECU flash enhances the EJK that settings can or will be provided as to what to set the EJK for so things aren't counter productive.

> You may be confusing some of the things the fuel programmer and flash does. To simply answer your question no, we will not be providing any mapping for the EJK programmer with our flash, as our flash already has fuel mapping included in it. 

@so1102 - Boy, an ECU removal How-To would be nice! :)

>It's in the works!

@kwaipuak - Really interested in those dynos!

> Dyno Graphs uploaded! http://fz07.org/thread/2625/fz-07-flash?page=1&scrollTo=37610

@beemer - That's not a bad price at all, at least compared to ecunleashed.com's price of $449 for the same thing. Other than my bike occasionally stalling, I really don't think I need one since I have an EJK. I know it will enhance an EJK but by how much? As is, every time I need to take off fast my front end comes up and I mean it hauls aaaa s so do I really need faster, I ask myself. I'm sure this ECU tuner is a great product and many will be very pleased with it.

> To clarify, a fuel programmer only adjusts fuel. An ECU flash, handles the fuel, and everything else. It transforms the bike by optimizing everything to allow your bike to run as efficiently as possible. Fueling, timing, by cylinder and gear, removes software power restrictions etc. The side effect of this is, a powerful smooth ride that can't be attained by only adjusting fuel mapping. Technically, a fuel programmer enhances a flash, not the other way around. I hope that clarifies it. 

@she3pdog - Unlimited upgrades, eh? I'm interested, but I have no idea how to get to the ECU.

> We are working on it currently to get a step by step process with pictures. Hopefully a helpful forum member might have the time to do this as well :) Maybe sorkyah

@sorkyah - The ECU is if I'm not mistaken the large heat-sinked dohickey mounted next to the flasher relay. If my relay ever shows up I'll make a special How-to just for removing the ECU, since one exists for the relay already.

> That'd be great!

@phicurious86 - Interesting. Not sure I'd run both an ejk and the reflash, but interesting.

> You certainly can if you want :) However it wouldn't be necessary if you wanted to include the fueling in the flash. 

@bmwpowere36m3 - Same here... as both would be altering the fuel trims. I'd assume, properly tuned, the ECU flash would be sufficient for a given set of mods. Now if your alter your mods in the future... then either you reflash again or get an EJK to fine-tune the fueling.

> Correct. We do offer lifetime reflashes for when modifications/exhaust changes are made. 

@crazycracka501 - So bmwpowere36m3 how exactly do you tune for our specific aftermarket exhaust without us sending it in? Do you have to buy one and tune? Also, for your system to work with the EJK properly, would you need to know the specific mapping that we individually have set on the EJK that was set for each specific exhaust or does your system somehow work the same regardless of the specific EJK tune that is set? One more question and I'll leave you the hell alone. I live in the desert so I'd want my fans to stay at the stock temp on and off so I don't wear them out as quickly riding in 115 F, could that be done or does your system automatically change everything or require additional programing and consequently more money to make that modification (or rather not make that modification) in your system?

>Since this was most likely supposed to be headed my way, i'll attempt to answer as much as possible :) We have many bikes locally with a variety of modifications. We create the custom ecu flash on our dyno for their modifications. They ride it, street and track, give us feedback and we adjust as necessary. We don't need to know anything about your fuel programmer. If you'd like to opt out of certain options of the flash, we can work with you individually and remove the fueling portion, and leave your fan settings at stock instead of turning them on sooner. Our flashes are specific to exhausts and modifications.  

@maalna2 - Ahh ok just wanted to make the EJK was not required for this also.

>Correct!

@howworkclutch - The price is out there for all to see but the dyno results aren't?

>We were just signed up last night ;) http://fz07.org/thread/2625/fz-07-flash?page=1&scrollTo=37610

@bmwpowere36m3 - I'll wait for the vendor to comment more

>Basically correct. However we have a much higher resolution to tune with and the ability to tune everything including fueling, compared to a fuel programmer, which can only make certain adjustments at certain intervals, and to what depth of detail as to said changes is negligible depending on brand of said fuel programmer. 

@pgeldz - Just a quick FYI, this is the company that did the flash for Nick Stoltec of Stoltec Moto for the FZ-09, and from what I've read, the flash for that is absolutely AMAZING.

Really glad to see more options for us. This is GREAT NEWS!

Now, Nels, if your reading this, would you be willing to fly to Vegas and tune my bike if I provide airfare and a shop and dyno? I think I'm the only one in the US with the AKra Ti (baffle removed), DNA filter and DNA Stage 2 Airbox Cover so if I were to do this I'd want the map developed on MY bike at my altitude.

:)

- Paulie

>Thanks for the feedback and heads up Paulie, you are absolutely correct, we pioneered the FZ-09 flash and had a blast creating the best flash we could for that bike. And absolutely yes, we've done that before for customers multiple times, mainly the customers are race teams we sponsor but it's not new to us. Message inbound to you

cruizin - He will update with some dynos soon but you can also call him and leave him a voicemail if he doesnt answer. He is literally on the dyno all day long.

>40-50 hours a week! We're trying our best to take care of everyone!

• Premium Member
@2wheeldynoworks 
to multiquote, click the gear icon (top right of ea post) and then choose "select Post" and do this for ea post that you want to multi quote, then on the last post that you want to quote, click "Quote".
Aaaaand, if you put an @ symbol in front of a username (the true username can be seen by hovering over their name to the left of their post), it will "tag" them and they'll get a notification -- like this @2wheeldynoworks  :)

2wheeldynoworks
@2wheeldynoworks 
to multiquote, click the gear icon (top right of ea post) and then choose "select Post" and do this for ea post that you want to multi quote, then on the last post that you want to quote, click "Quote".
Awesome thank you! 

@2wheeldynoworks 
Aaaaand, if you put an @ symbol in front of a username (the true username can be seen by hovering over their name to the left of their post), it will "tag" them and they'll get a notification -- like this @2wheeldynoworks  :)
@so1102 Neat!

wingnutted
I would LOVE to read a review of this service for the FZ-07 by anybody here that goes for it and gets this done because I want to know if this improves the stock snatchy throttle when going from throttle closed to throttle open.
I took my bike over to Nels a couple of weeks ago, and that was one of the issues I was looking for his reflash to help with. The overall throttle has been much improved, but I've got some time at the end of the month to get back over there and see if we can get the throttle smoothed out at the lower revs. 
I'll post an update in a couple of weeks with details from the second round, but overall I have been very pleased with Nels and what he's been able to do

2wheeldynoworks
@2wheeldynoworks 
Are you guys playing with the idle speed at all?
No. But we can set it to whatever we want if that's what a customer wanted.

2wheeldynoworks
I took my bike over to Nels a couple of weeks ago, and that was one of the issues I was looking for his reflash to help with. The overall throttle has been much improved, but I've got some time at the end of the month to get back over there and see if we can get the throttle smoothed out at the lower revs. 
I'll post an update in a couple of weeks with details from the second round, but overall I have been very pleased with Nels and what he's been able to do

Thanks for the honest feedback. We strive for perfection so the more we can do to improve the bike the better. Also, we may do a photo ecu removal tutorial from your bike! 

wingnutted

Thanks for the honest feedback. We strive for perfection so the more we can do to improve the bike the better. Also, we may do a photo ecu removal tutorial from your bike! 
Sure thing, I scheduled with Pat to come back out on the 30th, so if no one else has posted tutorial by then, we can create one. 
If I remember correctly, if was just remove throttle side tank cover, remove strap holding ECU, and done...

2wheeldynoworks
Sure thing, I scheduled with Pat to come back out on the 30th, so if no one else has posted tutorial by then, we can create one. 
If I remember correctly, if was just remove throttle side tank cover, remove strap holding ECU, and done...
People like their pictures and we like taking em :) 

I think you took me the wrong way. I don't feel singled out and only feel pressured by the quirks of the bike at this point and I may get one as expressed. My apologies if I gave an impression other than what was intended. The EJK remark was merely an observation, not complaining.

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about anyone else but I'm still waiting on some ECU removal pics. I'm afraid I'll send in a fuse or something.

Beemer

Archived