The MT-07 Forum

Welcome to 2 Wheel Dynoworks!

Cruizin

Guys, 2 Wheel Dynoworks is one of the top ECU tuners in the country. They have worked with Flashtune to create an awesome tune for the FZ-07 that works great with the EJK Fuel controller.

Wanna gain some Horsepower? Increase top speed? Eliminate the timing restrictions from the factory? Align your engine's settings to your particular exhaust?

2 Wheel Dynoworks can do all of this and more! Send in your ECU on a Monday, get it back and be riding again by Thurs/Friday!

Pricing and details coming soon.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Nels at 2 Wheel Dynoworks

2 Wheel DynoWorks is proud to present our ecu flashing services for the FZ-07!

We've been doing some extensive R&D on the new FZ-07 and are happy to
provide brand new ECU Flashing services for this bike. We've found
some great improvements over stock and with aftermarket exhaust and
modifications.

When coupled with a flash, we've found that removing snorkel makes
increases the midrange by 5% even stock pipe vs with the snorkel in.
We've also found that when couple with a flash, that if you remove the
snorkel plate, it increases the gains up to 7.5% through the midrange.

We found massive inconsistent timing curves from the factory, so we
went and individually by cylinder and gear smoothed timing, removed
the retards, smoothed the curves, and removed all of the limitations.

We've deactivated the injector decel cut which improves your off
throttle transitions.

We've lowered fan temps at to turn on at 205F, and off at 195F.

We found an extreme lean condition on bottom end stock, with an
extreme rich condition at the top end, so we created custom fuel
mapping on the manifold pressure map and throttle position sensor map.
This gained another 5% through the midrange and created a much
smoother cleaner running bike.

We currently have created full custom fuel maps for the M4 slip on cat
delete exhaust, Yoshimura full exhaust system, and Akrapovic Carbon
Fiber full exhaust system. With the baffle in, the Yoshimura makes
most power and runs better than with the baffle out. With the
Akrapovic system, baffle in/out maps are nearly the same, with small
3-4% fuel trims for baffle in. The differences are that with the
baffle in, you gain 1hp down at the bottom and lose it up top, while
with the baffle out, you lose 1hp down low but gain 1hp up top.

We have found that with a the factory fuel cut in the ecu, before the flash, the injector decel cut, actually powers down the fuel injectors and any fuel programmer connected, every time the bike sees high vacuum and then turns back on after a specific rpm and throttle position. If you already have an EJK fuel controller, it will stay on at all times and work substantially better after the flash.

With our ECU Flashing services you have unlimited upgrades available,
if you need to reflash for any changes you make all it costs is
shipping.

$319 is the cost for the FZ-07 ECU Flash with two day return
shipping with USPS.

FZ-07 Dyno charts coming soon.

Nels with 2Wheel DynoWorks
425-269-5332
2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

I see you say with the ECU flash the EJK works better. My question is do you or can you provide the settings the EJK needs according to the exhaust system we're using? Along with baffle in or out and snorkel on or off?

bmwpowere36m3
I see you say with the ECU flash the EJK works better. My question is do you or can you provide the settings the EJK needs according to the exhaust system we're using? Along with baffle in or out and snorkel on or off?

+1

I'd assume with the ECU flash, the EJK wouldn't be necessary... unless you want to keep tweaking the fuel trims. The flash would be mod-specific, so you shouldn't "need" to mess with fueling further.

So would you need the EJK to do this flash? Or could you just send in your ECU and have it done even though you dont own a EJK?

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

I'd still like to know that since the ECU flash enhances the EJK that settings can or will be provided as to what to set the EJK for so things aren't counter productive.

So would you need the EJK to do this flash? Or could you just send in your ECU and have it done even though you dont own a EJK?

You just send in your ECU. The EJK is a fuel controller, nothing to do with the ECU flash. Two totally different companies. Was just stating that the EJK will still work with an ECU flash.

Really interested in those dynos!
so1102: We're going to have to wait for someone to have a rainy day. Sunshine + motorcycles means no one wants to put their bike off the road for a day or two!

Boy, an ECU removal How-To would be nice! :)
All you need is a MPPS cable, a laptop and the right software file .... but where to get the effing software?!!  >:D 

Beemer

@beemer No, actually this is an ECU MAIL IN SERVICE! Not a Programmer. Nels has created several FZ-07 tunes, tunes that do far more than just adjust fueling, this adjusts the timing, adjusts the fan to come on at a lower temp, and a ton of other features. You mail in your ECU, he reflashes it and loads your chosen tune and then ships it right back to you.

@beemer No, actually this is an ECU MAIL IN SERVICE! Not a Programmer. Nels has created several FZ-07 tunes, tunes that do far more than just adjust fueling, this adjusts the timing, adjusts the fan to come on at a lower temp, and a ton of other features. You mail in your ECU, he reflashes it and loads your chosen tune and then ships it right back to you.  

I'm sorry if I mislead, I know what it is, I understood the whole thing and I should've said ECU tune, not tuner. Slip of the tongue. (derp!) Again, sorry for that ... I'll let myself out.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Boy, an ECU removal How-To would be nice! :)
All you need is a MPPS cable, a laptop and the right software file .... but where to get the effing software?!!  >:D
Wow a cable, laptop and software to physically locate and remove a microprocessor?  Cool!  What will these kids think of these days.  :)

Unlimited upgrades, eh? I'm interested, but I have no idea how to get to the ECU.

• Global Moderator

The ECU is if I'm not mistaken the large heat-sinked dohickey mounted next to the flasher relay. If my relay ever shows up I'll make a special How-to just for removing the ECU, since one exists for the relay already.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Interesting. Not sure I'd run both an ejk and the reflash, but interesting.

bmwpowere36m3
Interesting. Not sure I'd run both an ejk and the reflash, but interesting.

Same here... as both would be altering the fuel trims. I'd assume, properly tuned, the ECU flash would be sufficient for a given set of mods. Now if your alter your mods in the future... then either you reflash again or get an EJK to fine-tune the fueling.

Whereas the EJK only adjusts fuel trims, the ECU flash can manipulate a host of other parameters as Cruzin mentioned. In an ideal world, you have the ability to adjust ALL those parameters at will... that would be like the power commander. However the "simplicity" of the EJK and on-the-fly adjustments is nice as well.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

So @bmwpowere36m3 how exactly do you tune for our specific aftermarket exhaust without us sending it in? Do you have to buy one and tune? Also, for your system to work with the EJK properly, would you need to know the specific mapping that we individually have set on the EJK that was set for each specific exhaust or does your system somehow work the same regardless of the specific EJK tune that is set? One more question and I'll leave you the hell alone. I live in the desert so I'd want my fans to stay at the stock temp on and off so I don't wear them out as quickly riding in 115 F, could that be done or does your system automatically change everything or require additional programing and consequently more money to make that modification (or rather not make that modification) in your system?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived