The MT-07 Forum

Welcome to 2 Wheel Dynoworks!

Cruizin

2wheeldynoworks
The engine braking/closed to open throttle is driving me crazy! Gotta get this done. 
What's the procedure? Call? Email?
call 425-269-5332 email 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com with name and bike specs
paypal 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com

ECU Shipping Address to Secure PO Box at Post Office

2 Wheel DynoWorks
14241 NE Woodinville- Duvall Rd. #331
Woodinville Wa 98072

;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Would you be able to create a reflash from powrcommanders auto tune data .??.. I have a Leo Vince exhaust which is a rare thing in the fz-07 community...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

2wheeldynoworks
Would you be able to create a reflash from powrcommanders auto tune data .??.. I have a Leo Vince exhaust which is a rare thing in the fz-07 community...
Possibly, gimme a call at 425-269-5332 and we can go over the details. Could be a fun experiment! Usually it's no problem to import PC maps into the flashtune software though :)

• Premium Member
Possibly, gimme a call at 425-269-5332 and we can go over the details. Could be a fun experiment! Usually it's no problem to import PC maps into the flashtune software though :) 

I will contact you via email or PM in the near future as I don't not have a fuel tuner yet and my hearing impairment prevents normal phone usage for me...I'm mainly looking to do away with the semi truck grade engine breaking and have no speed limit...the other stuff you guys tweak such as the fan and bumping up the idle will be a bonus...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

2wheeldynoworks

I will contact you via email or PM in the near future as I don't not have a fuel tuner yet and my hearing impairment prevents normal phone usage for me...I'm mainly looking to do away with the semi truck grade engine breaking and have no speed limit...the other stuff you guys tweak such as the fan and bumping up the idle will be a bonus...
No worries! Fueling gets dialed in, engine braking is cut down to almost none and all restrictions from the factory are removed! 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else have a little surging in 3/4 gear at 3500-4500 RPMs?

Also, when bike is cool it cranks 5-6 seconds before it starts. When warm it fires right off.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Also, when bike is cool it cranks 5-6 seconds before it starts. When warm it fires right off.

No to the surging, yes to the cranking. Though I'd clock it at closer to 3 seconds than 6.

2wheeldynoworks

Surging would be new feedback to us. Please send us more information so we can investigate further. As for cranking, it is normal for it to take a few more cranks to turn over, 2-4 seconds is normal but 5-6 seconds is not normal. 

No to the surging, yes to the cranking. Though I'd clock it at closer to 3 seconds than 6.
Yup

• 2 weeks later...

@2wheeldynoworks I've noticed what appears to be a discrepancy in speed displayed vs actual speed, would an ecu reflash fix this problem?

2wheeldynoworks
@2wheeldynoworks I've noticed what appears to be a discrepancy in speed displayed vs actual speed, would an ecu reflash fix this problem?
Yes, this is a factory issue with almost all bikes having their speedo's off by a certain %. We can adjust the speedo to reflect accurately based upon what gearing selection you are using. Many change sprocket sizes and whatnot and we can flash to adjust it properly

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting my bike in couple days. Great deal on new red one (wanted 2016 raven) but was wondering if I should break the bike in before sending in my ECU to get flashed?! I will install the akra ti. Most likely run w/out baffle.

Does it matter to break bike in before doing a re flash?

Honda Grom
CB 350

2wheeldynoworks
Any flashing done with the two brothers S1R?
not yet we havent had one roll in yet unfortunately

I'm getting my bike in couple days. Great deal on new red one (wanted 2016 raven) but was wondering if I should break the bike in before sending in my ECU to get flashed?! I will install the akra ti. Most likely run w/out baffle.  
Does it matter to break bike in before doing a re flash?
you're gonna be all good either way

• 1 month later...

After reading a lot on reflash vs fuel programmers, I lean towards reflash. I do have a few questions though.

Some 07 owners are having issues with their bike stalling out of the blue with no mods done. Does the reflash address this issue and eliminate / reduce it? There is a thread here with owners having problems.

MPG is important to some who use theirs primarily for commuting. Does fuel economy remain unchanged? Me personally, a minor drop in economy is acceptable for the sake of overall performance.

Thanks!

Go ahead. Pick on the short guy. Wait... I'm short.

2wheeldynoworks
After reading a lot on reflash vs fuel programmers, I lean towards reflash. I do have a few questions though. 
Some 07 owners are having issues with their bike stalling out of the blue with no mods done. Does the reflash address this issue and eliminate / reduce it? There is a thread here with owners having problems.

MPG is important to some who use theirs primarily for commuting. Does fuel economy remain unchanged? Me personally, a minor drop in economy is acceptable for the sake of overall performance.

Thanks!

Hasn't been a problem and hasn't been a problem ;) If your bike has problems stalling it needs to be taken to the dealership to be addressed, it's a manufacturers fault. we've had bikes with that issue and after flashing the ecu's they've stopped stalling. but that's indicative of another problem.  
fuel economy goes up for some and down for others but usually not by more than a few mpg. mileage is all about your right wrist so just remember that once you get a few tanks down post flash. some people don't understand perfect fueling doesn't mean you can go WOT and still get maximum mpg ;) 

All I gots to say is AmazeBalls. Really really im enjoying the flash, so much. You guys are awesome Nels, Pat. Keep up the great work and great company.
:)

Honda Grom
CB 350

2wheeldynoworks
All I gots to say is AmazeBalls. Really really im enjoying the flash, so much. You guys are awesome Nels, Pat. Keep up the great work and great company. :)
that's what we love to hear :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

So I've put about 100 miles on the bike since i had my ECU flashed and I have to say I enjoy it more.
The throttle is a lot more responsive to the slightest blips - power on demand - love it. 

The engine braking has reduced significantly but is still quite noticeable.

The engine sounds a little angrier/throatier than before with the stock exhaust in.

On the whole I'm glad I did it. Money well spent.

Thanks 2WDW!!

2wheeldynoworks
Do you have a tune for the Two Brothers S1R exhaust?
http://fz07.org/thread/4565/fz-current-exhaust-flash-options is our list of current exhaust options 

So I've put about 100 miles on the bike since i had my ECU flashed and I have to say I enjoy it more. The throttle is a lot more responsive to the slightest blips - power on demand - love it. 

The engine braking has reduced significantly but is still quite noticeable.

The engine sounds a little angrier/throatier than before with the stock exhaust in.

On the whole I'm glad I did it. Money well spent.

Thanks 2WDW!!
so glad to hear you're enjoying it :)

pineappleunderthesea

Got my ECU back and went out for a ride, and I really like it:  my initial impression is that the shifting seems a lot crisper since the engine braking is so much reduced. As well there seems to be good power throughout the midrange, specially when shifting out of a gear and giving it throttle, seems to pick up speed more smoothly. 

I have the Akra Carbon, baffle in, and the snorkel removed (Nels at 2WDW informed me that the Akra tune is optimized for the snorkel removed, not sure what happens if you run snorkel in, or if they have a tune with snorkel in). There is a bit more burble on deceleration, which I like, not sure fits from the tune or the snorkel being removed, but it adds to the low end grunt of the Akra! 

All in all its a nice improvement, makes the bike feel smoother, and you feel that little bump of extra power when you need it (we're not talking FZ-09 power here, but a nice little improvement!)

Kudos to Nels and his team for being very responsive with questions. 

booboobusfz07

Definitely contemplating gives me an excuse to buy kn to go w my leovince.definitely seems like the most complete tuning solution.
Main thing holding me back is $ and I don't want to lose the burbly decel crackle.

No noticeable increase with the K&N for our bikes so save your money on that. I have the Akra Carbon, baffle out and love the tune he did. No complaints at all.

• Global Moderator
No noticeable increase with the K&N for our bikes so save your money on that. I have the Akra Carbon, baffle out and love the tune he did. No complaints at all.
The K&N allows a bit more airflow vs the stock filter allowing the tune to be richened up a bit therefore increasing power... even if only slightly
DNA air filter w/intake lid adds a velocity stack type function to the filter and with a higher flow than fhe K&N, allows an even richer/more powerful tune

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived