Sign in to follow this  
motomachines

Ermax Rear Hugger

motomachines
Ermax's Rear Huggers provide the perfect balance of style and under-body protection. These huggers are easy to install and require no drilling! As with any Ermax product, they are available in unpainted and a plethora of factory color matching options.

http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Rear-Hugger-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5023.html

Color Options Available:
Unpainted - $136.08
Red - $204.12
White - $204.12
Metallic Purple
Race Blue - $204.12
Satin Gray - $204.12
Satin Blue/Black - $252.72
Silver Carbon - $204.12
Red/Black - $252.72
White/Black - $252.72
Purple/Black - $252.72
Satin Gray/Black - $252.72
Metallic Gray - $204.12
Satin Black - $204.12
Extreme Yellow - $204.12
Satin Black and Yellow - $252.72
Matte White Metallic - $204.12
Matte White and Satin Black - $252.72

730219121_2.jpg
(Pictured: Red and Black)

*Please note that not all color options may be immediately available! Some colors require a special order, which may take 4-6 weeks.

• Like 1

phicurious86
@motomachines Do you happen to have a picture of the unpainted hugger?

motomachines
@motomachines Do you happen to have a picture of the unpainted hugger?
Sure thing, here ya go! gvYCRmF.jpg

• Like 1

phicurious86
Much obliged.

motomachines
Not a problem.

sorkyah
Is there a separate piece to this? In the unpainted picture im seeing no chain guard but in the painted versions its there

randy2100
Is there a separate piece to this? In the unpainted picture im seeing no chain guard but in the painted versions its there
It's all one piece. Chain guard is integrated.  I got the unpainted and sprayed it flat black and it matches the bike nicely. 

rowdy
So what color matches the Liquid Graphite FZ-07 (with black in the middle)?

fz07fanboy

That would be the Satin Blue / Black

rowdy

That would be the Satin Blue / Black
I'm thinking the Liguid Graphite instead of the blue.  

fz07fanboy
The Satin Blue is liquid graphite

rowdy
The Satin Blue is liquid graphite
Got a picture?  They would sell more if the name of the color was the actual color!  B-| 

fz07fanboy
Here is a picture of my Ermax seat cowl in Satin Blue/Back.

20150624_175856.jpg
pic upload
  • Like 1

rowdy
What I'm looking for is this....

[attachment id=817" thumbnail="1]
with Liquid Graphite where the red is (no blue).
Do they make such a thing?

fz07fanboy
I know exactly what you're looking for. I just thought you didn't believe that Satin Blue was actually liquid graphite.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ-07-FZ07-FZ7-MT07-14-15-Rear-Tire-Hugger-Carbon-Look-MADE-IN-ENGLAND-/381353355120?fits=Model%3AFZ07&hash=item58ca6e6770&vxp=mtr

I got this one plain screen and painted the screen mesh the factory color using the factory match paint from colorrite

rowdy
I know exactly what you're looking for. I just thought you didn't believe that Satin Blue was actually liquid graphite. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ-07-FZ07-FZ7-MT07-14-15-Rear-Tire-Hugger-Carbon-Look-MADE-IN-ENGLAND-/381353355120?fits=Model%3AFZ07&hash=item58ca6e6770&vxp=mtr

I got this one plain screen and painted the screen mesh the factory color using the factory match paint from colorrite
That's the hugger I have.  I just was wondering about the ermax in liquid graphite because I like the look better. 

motomachines

Do you mean the satin gray/black option? That is the option that would match the black and gray parts on the FZ-07, with the satin gray replacing the red in the hugger picture you included.
  • Like 1

rowdy

Do you mean the satin gray/black option? That is the option that would match the black and gray parts on the FZ-07, with the satin gray replacing the red in the hugger picture you included.
So...  (I didn't think it would take this many posts to come up with an answer, but...) Satin Gray = Liquid Graphite [Y/N]?
:)

• Like 1

motomachines
So...  (I didn't think it would take this many posts to come up with an answer, but...) Satin Gray = Liquid Graphite [Y/N]?

Yes, the satin gray would match the liquid graphite. 
  • Like 1

lasttccasey
Can you post a picture of the Extreme Yellow one and I'm assuming this will fit 2016 FZ-07? I have the Armor Grey edition and I'm hoping the yellow is a match for the rims for this bike.

Thanks.

Mr.Puss

Hey @rowdy, did you follow through on the ermax hugger? If so, whats your opinion on the thing? Im not yet convinced its worth 4-5x the $$ over the Pyramid brand tack on piece....  I dunno man, tell me what to do. :D  Oh and thanks for your extreme diligence on sorting out that colour match question, I wasnt quite sure myself.
...and this winter is the ordering of the elusive Motoport pants I keep blathering on about as I owe you fashion pics/review. No "Blue Steel" though ha!

• Like 1

rowdy

Hey @rowdy , did you follow through on the ermax hugger? If so, whats your opinion on the thing? Im not yet convinced its worth 4-5x the $$ over the Pyramid brand tack on piece....  I dunno man, tell me what to do. :D  Oh and thanks for your extreme diligence on sorting out that colour match question, I wasnt quite sure myself.
...and this winter is the ordering of the elusive Motoport pants I keep blathering on about as I owe you fashion pics/review. No "Blue Steel" though ha!

Sorry @mrpuss, I didn't ever bite on the rear hugger.  Too many squirrels caught my attention. ;) I still want to see you modeling the pants though... blue steel or not. :)

• Like 1

rowdy

Yes, the satin gray would match the liquid graphite.
@mrpuss, I think this response kind of turned me off too, because it it IS liquid graphite, why the response be "The satin gray would match the liquid graphite" ?  To me that just means "It's pretty close". 
  • Like 2

Mr.Puss
Man, come to think of it, I dont F'n know....satin grey, charcoal grey, metallic grey, ALL options from a canadian site.... these dont narrow down a god damn thing to help match things up properly.

I have the 2015 CDN version with the black frame (same as the US with blue frame) and apparently all three greys if going by colour's names?!

So can you tell me which one is it that matches exactly to a Canadian 2015? ....with a matte black down the center if available.
Ermax needs to actually show their damn colour options. Absolutely ridiculous.

Please pardon my rant. Thanks very much!
  • Like 1

panchobullet
Man, come to think of it, I dont F'n know....satin grey, charcoal grey, metallic grey, ALL options from a canadian site.... these dont narrow down a god damn thing to help match things up properly. 
I have the 2015 CDN version with the black frame (same as the US with blue frame) and apparently all three greys if going by colour's names?!

So can you tell me which one is it that matches exactly to a Canadian 2015? ....with a matte black down the center if available.
Ermax needs to actually show their damn colour options. Absolutely ridiculous.

Please pardon my rant. Thanks very much!

I have a 2015 "Liquid Graphite" 07 with Ermax belly pan, air scoops & seat cowl.. all of them in Satin Grey/Satin Black and they match perfectly. 

[attachment id=2390" thumbnail="1]

Here in Chile, it's just "Grey" so I guess the "color scheme" name varies according to the country. I hope this helps you get what you want! :D

- Pancho
  • Like 2