warnock

After installing fender eliminator

fz07fanboy
are you serious? this is a joke right?

warnock
Obviously I know the electrical wiring has nothing to do with the engine but I'm just asking

No Hater
If you add a Yamaha sticker on the on front fender you will gain the power back.
  • Like 4

mjh937
It is probably because you have moved the center of gravity forward. Put the sticker on the back of the bike and you should be okay.

fz07fanboy
Obviously I know the electrical wiring has nothing to do with the engine but I'm just asking
There is absolutely no way engine performance will be affected by adding a fender eliminator. That's really all in your head.

phicurious86
Absolutely shouldn't affect engine performance, even if you fiddled with the blinker wiring.

Riverfox
I've heard of this happening before. You've disrupted the airflow and it's creating negative back pressure, causing turbulence near the airbox making hard for the engine to intice the free air into the cylinders. Put the stock fender back on and then offer your bike on Craigslist. I'm thinking maybe a trade for someones stamp collection would be a good thing. LOL! :):D???

• Like 1

bmwpowere36m3
this smells of trolls...

so1102
Come on now everyone -- if it was an honest question, there is no need to belittle the guy. (and the answer is, no -- installing a fender eliminator and even accidentally screwing up the turn signals or brake signal wiring will not have a negative effect on performance in any way)

But, if this was good old fashioned trolling by @warnock -- funny, but you'll end up getting warned by one of us moderators ;)
  • Like 1

phicurious86
Come on now everyone -- if it was an honest question, there is no need to belittle the guy. (and the answer is, no -- installing a fender eliminator and even accidentally screwing up the turn signals or brake signal wiring will not have a negative effect on performance in any way) 
But, if this was good old fashioned trolling by @warnock -- funny, but you'll end up getting warned by one of us moderators ;)
Awww c'mon now. Sometimes, in this ever changing world in which we live, you've got to live and let troll.

Cruizin
Try wrapping your helmet and crotch in tin foil. It works!
  • Like 2

sorkyah
Try wrapping your helmet and crotch in tin foil. It works!
Lining the helmet works better. Shiny side in. Crotch lining only helps in the corners. Those flame proof pants however are worth 6hp alone
  • Like 1

cborcafz07
You know I noticed the same thing, atleast when I try to do wheelies. All that weight I removed from the back end no longer helps with getting the front end up. Messed up the pendulum effect.

Guest cjwwd2
I'm pretty sure those little sweat socks you put on the brake reservoirs give you +10HP :D

hippiebikerchick
It's also due to losing the warp drive engines from the Starship Enterprise that was dangling from the end of the tail.

sorkyah
It's also due to losing the warp drive engines from the Starship Enterprise that was dangling from the end of the tail.
weren't  the NC-1701 engines on top were sub-space engines, used with thrusters to maneuver in space. The center of the central hull was the warp drive. during operation the sub-space engines would act as generators to assist the warp drive in gaining more power. hence the term "Maximum Warp."  sorry, bit of a trekkie 

Guest cjwwd2
Did you check the flux capacitor?