The MT-07 Forum

Throttle tube damping grease update

pauljr

Finally got the time to try the damping grease today. It was supposed to rain and I took time to watch the F1 and WSBK races then (installed?) the damping grease and took the bike for a ride. With a limited time to evaluate my first impression is it works just the way Motorcycle Consumer News said it would and it provides some throttle control benefits. If you read my other post I thought the G2 Ergonomics throttle tube provided a very slight improvement and after a while using it I'm pretty much convinced it is not worth the money. I'll provide a better review of the throttle tube damping grease (nyoil product) after I try it on the BMW which has more of a problem with smooth throttle response especially riding with my wife. If you are in the area and would like to try a shot of the damping grease I'll be glad to share :)

pantheraleo
Finally got the time to try the damping grease today. It was supposed to rain and I took time to watch the F1 and WSBK races then (installed?) the damping grease and took the bike for a ride. With a limited time to evaluate my first impression is it works just the way Motorcycle Consumer News said it would and it provides some throttle control benefits. If you read my other post I thought the G2 Ergonomics throttle tube provided a very slight improvement and after a while using it I'm pretty much convinced it is not worth the money. I'll provide a better review of the throttle tube damping grease (nyoil product) after I try it on the BMW which has more of a problem with smooth throttle response especially riding with my wife. If you are in the area and would like to try a shot of the damping grease I'll be glad to share :)
Is this the same throttle tube as the R6 throttle tube mod?

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

No, this throttle tube is supposed to provide slower opening initially and costs about $80. It is a nice quality part but probably not worth the money in this case. I can't say what the R6 tube does since I did not try it.

Archived