The MT-07 Forum

Paulie's FZ-07 SP: MotoGP Edition

pgeldz

Hats off, really nice. I am impressed! Mine is a commuter, everyday beater with tank bag and
saddlebags. Really shows the versatility of this platform. Yours looks like a show bike that
I bet really performs great.

• Premium Member
wow man! Killer job. If I had a bit more budget for mods, I'd be looking to do an exact replica of this. Maybe with a couple 46's added to it for more fanboi status. 
Are those the bars made for the FZ1? Suburban Machinery's page doesn't show anything FZ07 related.
Thank you Sir! 
The bars are the Ducati M1 bars from Suburban Machinery

Did you have the frame powder coated as well?
No Sir, I bought the Red FZ-07 because it had the black frame and black front fender :)

Paulie, that looks amazing!  
It also solidifies my bars and rear set direction. How does it feel in that position?

It's awesome! I've had the bars and rearsets on for quite some time now actually. I posted about it here

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
You need to add these pics to the Custom Only Graphics" thread also I made so we can all go through and see all the cool options this bike can turn in too. You just made me want this bike even more by posting these pics. Amazing how just adding some graphics and it's a whole new bike. Killer design!
Done Sir.

- Paulie
  • Like 1

Today I asked my bike why it couldn't get off it's arse and do something with itself like Paulie's bike did. Lazy bike just sits in the garage drinking oil all day.

Very nice bike!

• Like 2

Beemer

That looks awesome!!! Cant imagine the time it took to design it let alone the cost of trial and error.

• Premium Member
Today I asked my bike why it couldn't get off it's arse and do something with itself like Paulie's bike did. Lazy bike just sits in the garage drinking oil all day. 
Very nice bike!

LOL!!! 
Thanks guys!

- Paulie

Absolutely F...ing AMAZING job I hope one day mine will look even some what close to that nice

• Premium Member
Pgeldz, they are the the 7/8" m1 bars yeh?
Yes Sir. 

- Paulie

alexrichardson

What was the install like? and how well did the controls fit back on? looking into getting a set but hear people have issues with the throttle sliding back on and not being sticky and not as smooth as stock

Pgeldz, they are the the 7/8" m1 bars yeh?
Yes Sir. 

- Paulie

Mine ship next week. :D

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
What was the install like? and how well did the controls fit back on? looking into getting a set but hear people have issues with the throttle sliding back on and not being sticky and not as smooth as stock
The shop that sent my suspension to Traxxion Dynamics did the bar install, so I can't comment first hand on it but... 
I can tell you, whether they drilled new holes or filed the nubs on the controls, everything has stayed put and not moved at all since.

I don't think they had any trouble at all in fact.  The only thing I know we had to do was route the throttle cable housing on the bar slightly upward because the cables aren't long enough if left in the stock position with the bars and R6 throttle tube.  So instead of having them rest on the corner of the reservoir, they sit above it now.

I might rectify that with a Domino quick throttle because it's quicker than the R6 tube and the way the cables are routed looks 10 times cleaner.

- Paulie

alexrichardson

Okay so pretty good fit up then, did you get them from suburban machinery themselves? I sent them an enquiry regarding shipping to here in Australia or if they have a supplier over here or not, havent heard back from them as yet. Hopefully they do.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I got them direct. Not really sure if they even have distributors, lol. It's just a Mom and Pop type thing, but he is VERY GOOD at what he does. Some of the best hand tig welds I've seen this side of an Akrapovic Exhaust :)

If they won't ship to you, and you must have them let me know. They can ship to me and then I'll ship to you. I have no idea what'll cost though, but the option is there if you need it.

- Paulie

So "pop" let me know my bars would ship next week. "Mom" just emailed me saying she was out sick yesterday and "pop" was just covering and making sure she had plenty of time to process my order. My bars ship today!

• Premium Member
So "pop" let me know my bars would ship next week. "Mom" just emailed me saying she was out sick yesterday and "pop" was just covering and making sure she had plenty of time to process my order. My bars ship today!
Awesome!!!  You're gonna love them!

So, I dropped my bike off this morning at the shop.  The owner, Dale Kieffer, is bringing it up there for me since he will be there offering tire support as the west-coast's Pirelli race-tire representative.

He also travels the US as a Senior instructor for the Yamaha Champions Riding School, and since I can't take that course or his private coaching due to my work schedule, he agreed to give me personal, one-on-one instruction during this trackday weekend!!!  I'm super excited!!!

Here are a couple quick snaps before it went in the trailer...

gXNVLN2h.jpg

kO4NAtRh.jpg

I was worried that the TechSpec C3 tank grips wouldn't be black enough and would look out of place out in the sunlight, but they actually blend pretty well...

- Paulie

alexrichardson
Where are u from? im still trying to get in contact with them to ask if they can ship to australia.. no luck so far

Paulie: Nice dude! I can't wait to hear how the track day goes!

Alex: I'm in Memphis, TN. I'm sure they could ship to you, but they will charge you for the shipping. "Mom's" email was to let me know the final price of the bars after she got a shipping cost. The use UPS, and I'm pretty sure UPS ships internationally. Hope you can get a hold of them to confirm.