The MT-07 Forum

Paulie's FZ-07 SP: MotoGP Edition

pgeldz

Looks great, and I can only imagine the time and dough in that bike.
When I first saw the top pic, I thought, "MotoGP fan".

• Like 1

• Premium Member
belleau1977

You need to add these pics to the Custom Only Graphics" thread also I made so we can all go through and see all the cool options this bike can turn in too. You just made me want this bike even more by posting these pics. Amazing how just adding some graphics and it's a whole new bike. Killer design!

Very nice! Just a suggestion, but maybe get a fly screen/front cowl to use as a number plate. Then you could throw a yellow 46 or a red 99 on. 8)

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

That looks fantastic. Thanks for the parts list. It saves me asking a bunch of questions :)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
belleau1977

Forgot to ask how much to get a stock bike to something more like you did in the graphics department. I'm wanting to do something like this also in the future as long as it's not horribly pricey for something one off and custom.

• Premium Member

Thanks so much for the kudos everyone!  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  I have a professional photo shoot scheduled in the coming weeks to highlight the details my crappy cell phone pics couldn't, lol.  Just lets hope I don't wreck it before hand (track day weekend next week).

Nice work, now keep it that way.

Ha!  I plan to.  The absolute only thing I'd like to do in the future is add the DynoJet quick shifter, and some ultra lightweight wheels, but as of yet, no one makes a set :(

Very nice! Just a suggestion, but maybe get a fly screen/front cowl to use as a number plate. Then you could throw a yellow 46 or a red 99 on. 8)

I've bought and tried just about all the flyscreens available (which will be up for sale soon), and I keep coming back to liking it without one.  The thing is, when you add a flyscreen it takes away from the naked look - to me anyway.  I still wanted to maintain that street-fighter look, and I think it does that without a screen :)

Forgot to ask how much to get a stock bike to something more like you did in the graphics department. I'm wanting to do something like this also in the future as long as it's not horribly pricey for something one off and custom.

It really all depends on how detailed you get with everything, and the artwork involved.  I did all the artwork myself, but because my buddies program didn't import it correctly for use with his equipment, he had to re-do all of it.  The paintwork I had done by a buddy who's wife manages a body shop, so I had access to that.

I can tell you one thing though for certain... One off, custom, and not horribly pricey shouldn't ever be used in the same sentence, lol.

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
@pgeldz you need to get those pics to Yamaha, that is one very nice looking Yamaha
I plan to...I have a professional photo shoot scheduled in the coming weeks.  I think you'll really like the theme I'm gonna do...

:)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator

I  saw this in Barcelona this morning and for some reason it made me think about your bike, @pgeldz. 
182815febbeba642644be5823540aee2_zpsudk9bnfv.jpg

fzhooligan

wow man! Killer job. If I had a bit more budget for mods, I'd be looking to do an exact replica of this. Maybe with a couple 46's added to it for more fanboi status.

Are those the bars made for the FZ1? Suburban Machinery's page doesn't show anything FZ07 related.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

• Premium Member
belleau1977

Finally got in touch with Cool Touch Graphics and they quoted me $600-$800 finished wrap good for 3-4 years for something one off custom like I found on the AD Koncepts page. Pricey but way cool for a custom graphics job.

Paulie, that looks amazing!

It also solidifies my bars and rear set direction. How does it feel in that position?

Life is good on 2 wheels!