The MT-07 Forum

Question for mericc

modmaster

modmaster

Mericc, I was looking over some of your previous postings and you mentioned in one of them that you took about 10 or 15 minutes to install your EJK. I was wondering if you could give me a few tips about how to install mine. Didn't you have to remove the tupperware and the gas tank to install the wiring? How were you able to get around that? I'm hoping you were able do it without all that. Please advise. Can you just reach in under the tank to make the connections?

modmaster

• Premium Member

I personally removed the tank panels and fished the connectors under the tank. Once you've gotten to that point though, it's only 3 bolts to get the tank off, if your hands can't fit.

Everything went braap.

I found it pretty easy, once all the plastic is off. I did it this way:

1. Unbolt the tank. 3 bolts, 1 on each side plus the big front one.

2. Disconnect the wiring harness to the fuel pump, underneath the bottom of the tank.

3. Disconnect the air temp sensor, on the front of the tank, right side.

4. Disconnect the two breather tubes, underneath on the right side of the tank.

5. I did not disconnect the fuel line.

6. Carefully move the tank towards the rear of the bike and set it back down about where the main seat goes. The fuel line is long enough to stay connected. This should give plenty of room to get to the fuel injectors. Smaller hands are still helpful hear.

7. Disconnect the wiring harnesses at the two fuel injectors and then install the EJK harnesses inline. Pay attention to your EJK cable routing so it does not rub any sharp spots and is well hidden, etc. for a nice clean install.

8. Put everything back in reverse order.

Oh, and don't forget to plug the air temp sensor back in!  You will get a code.  Ask me how I know! 

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

Tagging @mericc so he actually gets notified of this thread ;)

@modmaster if you put an at symbol (@) in front of their username, they get tagged and notified.  There is also the PM route, but this post also allows others to chime in.  Another tip would be to make a more descriptive post subject so others can and will contribute to the conversation more easily.

• Global Moderator

When i get my flasher relay and PC-V Ill do a writeup with pictures maybe a vid of disassembly

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

If someone made a how to on this they could maybe win $100 in Revzilla credit.
There is one already.  

Omg im tagged haha, yeah it was pretty quick for me, thing i love about naked bikes is how simple it is to remove everything, i got use to taking my fairings off so it only took me a few mins, when it got to the tank, i had to take a few screws off loosen up one of em so i can lift the tank, i then had my brother hold the tank up while i disconnected and reconnected the fuel injectors to the ejk harness, now if its your first time and you have no help, itll probably take you like 30mins? I shouldve made a video...naybe i should make one for the revzilla card, ill get back to you on this =)

Oh yeah theres also a write up on here with pictures

Modmaster, sadly theres no way that i could think of to unplug and plug the harness to the fuel controller without lifting the tank a bit, you probably could but need some specific needle nose plies or some oompa loompas to grab em lol

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I agree with mericc, I found there was not way to get to the connections without removing plastics and lifting the tank, even then it wasn't all that easy without a brother holding the tank off of my hands. I definitely recommend finding someone to help there. One other thing I did run into, there are a few small black fuel lines with spring clips (I think for vapor recovery) that are right over the right side connection, be careful to check those and other lines around the area after connections are made (2 of mine came loose). Otherwise, everything was a breeze.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I agree with mericc, I found there was not way to get to the connections without removing plastics and lifting the tank, even then it wasn't all that easy without a brother holding the tank off of my hands. I definitely recommend finding someone to help there. One other thing I did run into, there are a few small black fuel lines with spring clips (I think for vapor recovery) that are right over the right side connection, be careful to check those and other lines around the area after connections are made (2 of mine came loose). Otherwise, everything was a breeze.

Holy crap that something i couldve missed hahahaha, time to check!!!

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Holy crap that something i couldve missed hahahaha, time to check!!!
Those are the breather tubes.  

Archived