The MT-07 Forum

Replacement LED turn signal indicators?

wallsandfoundations

• Premium Member

I tried, but the results are of dubious quality...Here they are from the front (DRL on) and from the back.
Marco
I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)

I tried, but the results are of dubious quality...Here they are from the front (DRL on) and from the back. Marco

Nice, and thanks for the pics!!

I tried, but the results are of dubious quality...Here they are from the front (DRL on) and from the back. Marco
If it's not too much trouble and you have a video camera, could you put up a quick vid of those DRL's in action. Your pic with the white DRL's on is great but I'm wondering what the turn signals (front DRL's) look like when flashing. I haven't seen any video anywhere of that so that would be a great contribution and I promise you your karma will increase significantly.   :D   Thanks, professor!

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'll see what I can do. The semester is coming to an end and we are all running around like headless chickens right now...
Marco

• Premium Member
If it's not too much trouble and you have a video camera, could you put up a quick vid of those DRL's in action.

Unfortunately this time of the year I leave early and when I come back home is dusk already. This make the poor camera phone reeelly work hard.
But here are a copuple of tries:
Front
[video size=large]

Back:
[video size=large]

Hope these help.
Marco

• 1 month later...
The Fz-07 has daytime running light upfront. If you want to keep that capability AND have LED , you need signals with three wires (or have to do a lot more gyrations with install). I found THESE three-wires one on Ebay. They are not fancy designs, but they work. 
Those turn signals look cool. Could you please tell me if we need to buy mounting bracket for them or they go perfectly on existing frame? Thanks!

Those look great! Do the front signals act as running lights as well?
From what I have read the non-North American models do not have running lights, so they do not have the three wires on the front signals. I do not know if they still use the three wire connectors. Mine has three wire connectors front and rear, but just with two wires going to the rear ones. 
From your avatar, your turn signals look like the Mt 07's. could you please post a pic of it in this thread? Thank you!

• Global Moderator

Here are some photos of my turn signals. They are from an eBay seller and have been great. I have had them for a year now. 
8e968643eacb211e4d830ffc5bf10ead_zpsdbnnognv.jpge418c04173953a8e0e85efdbc7cac6ca_zpstbr2xm90.jpg

• 7 months later...

I bought these Motodynamic signals awhile back, but were never really satisfied with them in terms of visibility.  I almost thought they were too low profile for oncoming traffic to see, especially if the handlebars were already slightly turned.  I designed and 3D printed some "angles" that kicked out the back of the signals to make them more visible to oncoming traffic.  I must say they add safety to the bike, and also seem to fit the style of the bike more than using only the signals.  (forgive me for the bug guts, I was doing some backwoods riding recently)

20160925_201553_1.jpg

20160927_185600_1.jpg

20160927_185650.jpg

20160927_190028.jpg

Archived