The MT-07 Forum

What do you use for music/calls?

Joey

Do you hear the click? You'll know it's totally on when that sound has been made.  
I thought I had the same problem when I started out, but that's all it was. 
Theres somewhat of a recall on the 20s, they upgraded the base and the main unit, ill take pictures when i get the new ones in
Thanks.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have the newer design.  I just got it maybe a month or two ago, not last year when it first came out.  It even came with the latest firmware installed, so I didn't have to update it (though before I realized that, I did try to and it was not a fun experience on my Mac).   
As I suspected, I think it just needed a little breaking in.  I haven't had an issue in a couple weeks now it seems.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
I just took apart a cheap $1.50 pair oh headphones and slipped that into the helmet. I like to listen to music while I ride and I think its a shame I can't chat with my friends when we ride. A bluetooth system is on my list. Has anyone used this? the Sena 3s looks pretty inexpensive though. 
I have not heard anything about the one in your link, but I do have the Sena 3S-W installed in my Arai RX-Q helmet. It is connected to my iPhone and it works and sounds great for music, phone calls and navigation directions.  I was not able to check out the intercom feature yet. Purchased from Revzilla for $89.10.

• Premium Member
Anyone with the 20S have issues with the unit not making a great connection to the base mount? Whenever I have to take mine off (usually I do this to charge it) and put it back on, I have to fiddle with the position of it to get it to connect nicely. If not, I can have issues like static sound and/or audio from only one side. I'm 99.9% certain it's just a bad connection at the metal to metal connection between the unit and the base. Almost like it's not tight enough and some of the metal parts do not touch.  
Any other Senas have this issue?
Is the tab that holds the unit on the base plastic or metal? If its plastic you should be able to RMA it for a new one. While I dislike how I had to RMA my Sena 20s two different times I would buy it again in a heartbeat as their customer service is legit. 

Anyone with the 20S have issues with the unit not making a great connection to the base mount? Whenever I have to take mine off (usually I do this to charge it) and put it back on, I have to fiddle with the position of it to get it to connect nicely. If not, I can have issues like static sound and/or audio from only one side. I'm 99.9% certain it's just a bad connection at the metal to metal connection between the unit and the base. Almost like it's not tight enough and some of the metal parts do not touch.  
Any other Senas have this issue?
Is the tab that holds the unit on the base plastic or metal? If its plastic you should be able to RMA it for a new one. While I dislike how I had to RMA my Sena 20s two different times I would buy it again in a heartbeat as their customer service is legit.
Metal, I believe.  I can confirm when I get home.  Raining, didn't ride to work today.  

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

None, I bought a bike so for a short period of time, I have to listen to no one and hear nothing, no kids, no wife, no phone, nothing but the thoughts in my head.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Nothing, I think it's foolish to do anything to take away my attention or deaden my senses. This means a 0.7mile ride to the store or that 700+ mile ride from Chumpon to Chiang Mai I did. I can always call back a missed call.

buckaroobanzai

Ok, SInce there were several replies with sena in them I will mention this. At advrider forum they have a group buy for sena 10 and 20's.  They don't advertise the price but you can pm the starter of the thread. I already had mine so I didn't do the group buy. There are a lot of people doing this so they must  be getting a decent price.

I'm probably going to get in trouble for posting the shameless plug but I thought this might be usefull info.

buckaroobanzai
None, I bought a bike so for a short period of time, I have to listen to no one and hear nothing, no kids, no wife, no phone, nothing but the thoughts in my head.
I hope the voices in your head aren't  telling you to do anything crazy.... :D 
I see what you did there  ::)

I must not hate my life as much as some folks do ha... I really don't have anything to get away from. I ride because I love to ride, and sometimes I like to ride with music. I got my Sena for music and comms with other riders. The phone feature is rarely used.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my life at all. As a matter of fact, life has never been better for me. The bike just gives me time to process events and issues going on in life, when I come back from a long ride, I feel decompressed. I just feel it's important to get away from all the noise and hoopla sometimes. I did try music a few times and it just makes me ride harder and it's not as relaxing form me. To each their own.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Did a 1500mi and 3000mi ride alone with no headphones etc. They were such great rides for mental health, meditation, etc etc.

fooschnickens

I use a 20s and love it. I like that even with the music playing it doesn't totally seal me out of what's going on around me. I can still hear traffic and the bike unlike wearing earbuds and getting directions in the gps is awesome for getting to new places.

• Global Moderator

I use my headphone speakers/remote solely for music. It pushes out the wind noise and find it less tiring. I don't play it loudly and adjust it when slow downs (hence the remote). My iPhone is on shuffle so it plays everything randomly and I sometimes skip to songs that are more fitting.
I can hear it if I receive a message or a call, but I can't read, listen or reply to it. So it doesn't distract, which I think is perfect.

Archived