The MT-07 Forum

Grips = too small. Any good replacement options?

dewski

I am finding that the diameter of stock grips to be too small and causing my thumb joints to get sore after a longish ride.  I do not have this problem on my cruiser (RoadStar) that has a larger diameter grip.  

Anyone have good replacements that they have used and can we put on a fatter grip on the stock handlebar?   Link me to some options.  TIA

• Premium Member

I've used Grip Puppies on most of my bikes. They are cheap, don't require stock grip removal, they work, are comfortable, and durable.
If they do wear out, cut them off and throw on another pair (use lots of HOT soapy water to get them on).

Why can't left turners see us?

Do you have them on your FZ? We need to hook up with the other Utah FZ riders then I could check them out :)

• Premium Member

Yea they're on my FZ. One of the first things I did. It would be nice to get all of us together and go ride Wolf Creek Pass or something.
(Not sure if it's open yet).

[edit] I just checked and it is open.  Okay... my mouth is watering...   mmmm yummy road...

Why can't left turners see us?

I live right at the mouth of Provo Canyon so I am game anytime for a Wolf Creek ride! Such a fun and beautiful road

Look at the ProGrip 714. They're a bit bigger in diameter and damp vibration really good. Use them on my FZ6R & FZ09.
58efb239a06b37add4c763fc3f4ea209.jpg

rotaryryan24

I came from a dirt background, so I went with Scott's duel compound grips.I'm not sure if they are any bigger around but I find them much more comfortable. Once they warm up your palms almost stick like glue to the grips, just my 2 cents.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0065WU7E6/ref=mp_s_a_1_29?qid=1430787398&sr=8-29&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=scott+handlebar+grips&dpPl=1&dpID=51TUolpEZ4L&ref=plSrch
They do wear out faster than most grips, I was getting about 4 to 5 thousand miles out of a set.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Great options...thanks guys! Will keep looking and replace here soon since the stock grips just keep giving my thumb joints pain on longer rides

Archived