The MT-07 Forum

engine ticking noise

shift4life

• Premium Member
@speedingtickets exactly how do you outgrow a bike? I never understood that excuse. Sure if u want a super sport or a cruiser or a touring bike you'll have to buy a new bike. You didn't "outgrow" it, you bought the wrong bike.
Do you think I am the only guy on this forum looking ahead? The be honest, I have not ridden on the street in a while and I was not sure what type of bike I wanted. This bike answered my question without throwing me on my ass. If it was not for wanting bigger and better we would not even have motorcycles, we would still be on horseback. I am constantly laying on the tank, redlining every gear and researching track days at Thompson down the street from me, so now I know. I am not just interested in speed, I want safety and precision. I will probably sell the FZ for the R1 and then want the FZ back with a whole new list of complaints. Can't everyone just see that I am a chronic malcontent. It is human nature.
Here is your middle ground.  If this doesn't pull your panties off then I don't think the R1M will.  I dream as you do....I would love more power on tap, not that its needed, I just want it.      Not really sure why you would be redlining this bike unless you have changed the power curve.  

• Premium Member

CRAP! I didn't know the F-Z wasn't a real bike.... but wait isn't the R-1 just a fake version of the race bike?

LOL

• Like 1

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

The R1 just won a supersport shootout, but it's not gonna be a very friendly street bike. It's pegs are high, the bars are low and the seat, well, it's got something that looks like one. A tankbag will be in your chest, but that's a good thing so you can take the weight off your arms. You'll also need a massage for your neck after a few hours of droning along on the highway. If ya wanna go racing - go buy one. it's beautiful.

I have a buddy who rides, among other bikes, a KTM 690 Duke. He and 2 other friends used to race WERA. The other 2 guys are riding a Panigale and a new 1100 Tuono. On a track, that Duke is no match for those other 2 bikes. But on the street, the road has to get very straight before they'll lose the Duke. And if the road is twisty enough, all that power and sophistication is a joke. That buddy loves my FZ and if he did not have the Duke, he'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I had the opportunity to buy a Street Triple R and turned it down. In fact, I could buy any one of those bikes above if I had the hankerin. I've been on a few bikes in the last 45 years. Are there some nits with it, sure. $4k worth, seriously?

• Premium Member
speedingtickets
CRAP! I didn't know the F-Z wasn't a real bike.... but wait isn't the R-1 just a fake version of the race bike? 
LOL
R1 is the fake version of the M1, a million dollar MotoGP. I will start by telling everyone that when I join the R1 forum. I am gonna make lots of friends!

LOL
R1 is the fake version of the M1, a million dollar MotoGP. I will start by telling everyone that when I join the R1 forum. I am gonna make lots of friends!
Oh....k.... 
You want a bunch of dudes to drool over your machine because you spent money on it?

Do you spend ALOT of time in front of mirrors at the gym?

• Premium Member
speedingtickets
Oh....k.... 
You want a bunch of dudes to drool over your machine because you spent money on it?

Do you spend ALOT of time in front of mirrors at the gym?

Bite me, troll! What is the matter? Don't you understand how sarcasm works?

Sarcasm / Noun / The use of irony to mock or convey contempt. 

Its the internet. Tone is often poorly conveyed.

Not to mention, you do seem like the type to fawn over a machine and hope that other dudes will stroke you because of how "cool" you are.

• Premium Member

Now that we have hi-jacked the thread topic. I think the points that others are pointing out (and they are pointed at you speedingtickets) is that you are not going to get a better bike for the price of this one. At least not new. Sure, the suspension is not the greatest, there isn't ABS and we can all pick at the minor details in which they could have put some better items on the bike but, over all....for $7k you get a hell of a bike. Especially if you favor a 2cyl and not a screaming 4. Now, to purchase one, spend a butt load of money and hope that its going to be something its not and then publicly devalue bike because its not what you feel you need really makes you look kinda douche-y. That being said, this is a forum and intent is taken over text so we could be reading between the lines but, that is the perception.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

I have a 2018 XSR700 that has the same motor that the fzo7 has and it makes the same ticking y’all are talking about. 

13 hours ago, Beck said:

I have a 2018 XSR700 that has the same motor that the fzo7 has and it makes the same ticking y’all are talking about. 

Not to worry, it's just the valves, they're OK. I eliminated my ticking by getting an aftermarket pipe that covers up that sound. 😉 

• Haha 1

Beemer

Looking back at some of the posts on this old thread made me laugh a little. >>> "These twins are one step above a steam engine. I just pray it's not the front wheel ready to pop off or the engine ready to seize at 100 mph. I just keep telling myself it is a wire or cable flapping in the wind until I can afford a real bike." 

Beemer