The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Test Ride Bike

awoods177

Hi All,

I'm brand spankin new to these forums, so hello!

The reason I'm posting is because I am in the market for an FZ-07 and have found a GREAT deal up in Sublimity, Oregon (I'm in Reno, NV) and wanted to get some advice.

The dealer is Power Yamaha and I've talked to them several times over the phone and have been texting back and forth with one of their sales guys, Warren.

They have really great deals on FZ-07's normally ($6499 & NO fees at all. So $6499+tax out the door). My plan was to go for one of these and call it a day.

Anyways, the sales guys and I got talking about Yoshimura R-77 exhausts for the FZ-07 and he mentioned that they have one with the exhaust already installed with 33 miles on it, because it was a test ride bike. They are selling it for $6990.

Now, I've been reading up on break in procedure and I gather that the first miles on the bike are pretty critical to properly breaking the motor in and I wanted to get some thoughts on whether or not it would be a "wise" decision to buy this bike.

The sales guy sent me photos of the tires (sorry they are upside down here...not sure how to fix that) so I could "see how hard it has been ridden" but I honestly can't tell one way or another so maybe you guys can help out?

16703385913_7ddd2fc688_o.jpg

17137407669_2de4afbe13_o.jpg

17323645225_a544ba573c_o.jpg

In any case, I am thrilled to be joining the FZ-07 community and I can't wait to get riding!

Thanks all,
Alex

• Global Moderator

It obviously has not been cornered fast. I am a bit suspicious of the test ride bike story. Why would you put an aftermarket exhaust on a test ride bike? I would want to ride one with the stock exhaust as that is what I would be buying. It makes no sense to put that kind of money in to a bike that is being used for test rides. Something does not sound right.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

sounds like a smart sales group. toss a great-sounding exhaust on a new bike and use that for demo rides.

i bought a demo bike years ago. never had any problem from it except for the tires (the shop used that bike for a few track days). as long as the warranty is intact 100% then i say jump on the deal.

-HowWorkClutch

It obviously has not been cornered fast. I am a bit suspicious of the test ride bike story. Why would you put an aftermarket exhaust on a test ride bike? I would want to ride one with the stock exhaust as that is what I would be buying. It makes no sense to put that kind of money in to a bike that is being used for test rides. Something does not sound right.
This is a fair point, I'm not sure if they put the exhaust on before or after the test rides though. 
Also, I should mention that they'll put a brand new R-77 on one of the bikes with zero miles out the door for ~$200 more than they are asking for this bike.

Worth the extra $200 just not to worry about it? I'd have to wait a couple weeks for the exhaust to get shipped (or I wonder if they would swap it to a 0 mileage bike this week...) but that's really not the end of the world for me. Obviously I want it now, but willing to wait a bit if it makes more sense.

Thanks for the replies, I will triple check on the warranty with the dealer - that is a great suggestion.

Archived