The MT-07 Forum

Givi or Puig

tino206

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
ch3rryghost

With our bikes, I will always choose the windscreen that has sharper lines. To me, it flows with the styling more and that's why I chose Puig.

• Premium Member

I have the Puig Touring.
Guy I rode with last weekend had the Givi and in comparing notes it seemed they both had similar deflection.
I like the both but think the Givi looks better, they were not available at the time I purchased.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I had a difficult time deciding myself. Both windscreens look awesome but finally I chose the Givi. Why? I liked the side coverage.

Ever since I put it on it seems like the outside air temp has read higher by as much as 10°. The sensor must be behind the screen. Don't know if you care about that or not - just information.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

it must be causing a bit of swirl/suction thats drawing hot air from the engine into the intake. i'd keep an eye on that as hot air is not as dense as cool air. the fuel/air charge might be a little lean.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
phicurious86

I've got the Givi and like it quite a bit. I've also got the Puig Touring screen. Of the two, I prefer the Givi, because it looks less obtrusive on the bike while still providing decent wind deflection. However, I've got no experience with the sport version of the Puig.

Just to muddy the waters, Ermax also makes a pretty good looking screen. http://fz07.org/thread/2476/windscreen-compilation

Just IMHO, I think both screens ruin the look of our bike. I think the Fabbri Gen-X Sport screen looks the best on our bike and that is the one I went with. I wouldn't get either of those other ones, but that's just me though..

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
it must be causing a bit of swirl/suction thats drawing hot air from the engine into the intake. i'd keep an eye on that as hot air is not as dense as cool air. the fuel/air charge might be a little lean.
What I meant is the outside/ambient air, not the engine temp; that didn't change with the addition of the screen.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I went with the Puig and am really happy with it.... I'm about 5'7 and on the fwy at about 70-75mph, the wind hits me just at/below the helmet.... very easy install as well....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
What I meant is the outside/ambient air, not the engine temp; that didn't change with the addition of the screen.
yep. 
the outside/ambient air is usually measured at the air cleaner. so if its higher, that means the air intake is sucking warm air from someplace.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

I have the PUIG Touring screen. At first i thought it would be too tall but IMO it seems to actually be practical and look good. Practical meaning not there just for looks but actually deflects air.

I went with the Givi mostly because I preferred the look. Though, I still have not seen the puig in real life, only pictures.

• Premium Member
I have the Puig Touring. Guy I rode with last weekend had the Givi and in comparing notes it seemed they both had similar deflection.
I like the both but think the Givi looks better, they were not available at the time I purchased.
+1 except I have the sport version.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

yep. 
the outside/ambient air is usually measured at the air cleaner. so if its higher, that means the air intake is sucking warm air from someplace.

The air temperature unit on this bike is in front of the gas tank under the instrument cluster I believe. The air that measures is independent from the engine intake air.

• Premium Member

i have the puig sportscreen-i think it looks a little goofy with the points on top,but it works pretty good at high speed.the rizoma plastic screen looks really good but is almost 200.00.the dart screen looks good also,is wider than the rizoma and actually looks like it will provide pretty good wind protection for about 150.00

• Premium Member

I don't really like the looks of the Puig, so I chose the Givi, although, sometimes I wish I had gone with the MadStad so I could easily change to a touring screen for long distance riding.

Why can't left turners see us?

thomascrown
i have the puig sportscreen-i think it looks a little goofy with the points on top,but it works pretty good at high speed.the rizoma plastic screen looks really good but is almost 200.00.the dart screen looks good also,is wider than the rizoma and actually looks like it will provide pretty good wind protection for about 150.00
I just got the Dart in the mail today.  The quality is superb, and will fit it tomorrow.  I think it'll look good, better than most screens on the market.  

motomachines
Has anyone checked out Ermax Nose Screen 39cm for FZ-07 
There are lots of color option for this one

http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Nose-Screen-39cm-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5021.html.

I ordered a clear one couple of days back. Once i get it will post some pictures
It shouldn't be too much longer until you receive it! 

Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

• 2 weeks later...
I just got the Dart in the mail today.  The quality is superb, and will fit it tomorrow.  I think it'll look good, better than most screens on the market.  
Can you give us some feedback on the Dart? It is indeed a smart looking screen. 

• Premium Member

The Dart does look nice. I didn't even know it existed. Looks like it might give a little more protection than the Givi, and the look on par.

Why can't left turners see us?

thomascrown
Super high quality, excellent hardware and fitment.  No buffeting, and allows me to comfortably cruise all day on the freeway at 85+ mph whereas before, I was fighting the wind tooth and nail.  Picture I posted on advrider after installing it.   
11127655_10204128140311198_6472290020028327225_n.jpg?oh=3fa87ab91db27754660b18fc0ab0750a&oe=55C14E67

Super high quality, excellent hardware and fitment.  No buffeting, and allows me to comfortably cruise all day on the freeway at 85+ mph whereas before, I was fighting the wind tooth and nail.  Picture I posted on advrider after installing it.   
11127655_10204128140311198_6472290020028327225_n.jpg?oh=3fa87ab91db27754660b18fc0ab0750a&oe=55C14E67

Gorgeous bike. Love the contrasting rear wheel tape. Is that the official Yamaha tape?

Archived