The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 MT-07 Windscreen Compilation

phicurious86

• Premium Member
On 4/14/2018 at 4:39 PM, rider said:

I just received and installed my Dart Manta as a replacement for the Puig Sport screen I was using.

I've posted before somewhere on the forum about what I've used, but can't remember where.

The Yamaha Flyscreen did zilch, but I guess it keeps the bugs off of your keys...  The Puig does ok till around 50-60mph, then didn't do much.  I used the MRA Double Bubble (my wife has it now) and it really did a good job until maybe 85ish, then started to become less effective, but still made some difference past 100mph.  Haven't ridden with the Manta yet, but hope it's as good as they say.  (I'm 6'1" for reference)

A pic of the 4 I've got to compare sizes and stuff.  L to R: Yamaha Flyscreen, Puig Sport, MRA Double Bubble, Dart Manta.  Sorry if the pic isn't a good one, it's really bright outside and I'm a really crappy photographer using a phone.

5ad273dca96cd_4windscreens3.thumb.jpg.03fef4f24cd924c8b2866deebbad00e4.jpg

I'm the same height as you and am debating between getting the MRA and Dart screen. I currently have the Fabbri Gen-X fly screen with the 1" woodcraft bars facing down. If I get a new screen I may need to flip them back up or go back to the stock bars. What bars do you have and are you still using the Dart screen?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, darrooh said:

I'm the same height as you and am debating between getting the MRA and Dart screen. I currently have the Fabbri Gen-X fly screen with the 1" woodcraft bars facing down. If I get a new screen I may need to flip them back up or go back to the stock bars. What bars do you have and are you still using the Dart screen?

I use the stock bars - I'm pretty happy with them.  I'm still using the Dart Manta on my bike.  I really like it, but I'm thinking about putting some spacers under the rear mounts to see if it will deflect a bit more are higher up.  If that doesn't work, I'm still good with the Manta. 

The Manta doesn't seem to deflect quite as much wind off of my shoulders as the MRA Double Bubble (the Manta is a bit narrower towards the top), but I can't tell for sure as I don't often ride my wife's bike (not set up for me, she's smaller (and softer and smells nicer)).  But the MRA seems a bit noisier then the Manta.  Not bad, just noisier.

I don't see that much difference in the effectiveness of the two screens.  They are both a great improvement for highway riding.  I would go by which one you think looks best, they're that close in performance to me.

Archived