The MT-07 Forum

Any Northern NJ Fz Owners?

ajankata

whats up guys, 
do you guys know a good motorcycle shop? I'm up for my 600mi service. i was quoted $300 from the dealer with all that bs "check this, check that" thing. my concerns are the TB sync to be checked/adjusted and my chain as well. i can do the oil change myself, thats the only thing i can do as i don't have tools and experience. I'm in Edsion/Woodbrige area , so anywhere from 20-30mi radius will be good for me. ill try to call other dealers and just ask for chain and TB sync adjustment maybe its cheaper that way instead of the whole 600mi service package.

thanks!

Peter
I went to Action Yamaha on 27. I paid $190 for their "silver service". I don't think they did anything really. Unless you stand there and watch you'll never know. I think they may have tightened up my chain. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats up guys, 
do you guys know a good motorcycle shop? I'm up for my 600mi service. i was quoted $300 from the dealer with all that bs "check this, check that" thing. my concerns are the TB sync to be checked/adjusted and my chain as well. i can do the oil change myself, thats the only thing i can do as i don't have tools and experience. I'm in Edsion/Woodbrige area , so anywhere from 20-30mi radius will be good for me. ill try to call other dealers and just ask for chain and TB sync adjustment maybe its cheaper that way instead of the whole 600mi service package.

thanks!

Peter
I went to Action Yamaha on 27. I paid $190 for their "silver service". I don't think they did anything really. Unless you stand there and watch you'll never know. I think they may have tightened up my chain.
@mittypnj, ill call them tomorrow, I'm about 10mi from them. whats included in the "silver service"? 

• 4 months later...
any members down to meet up and ride sometime? weather is getting really nice!!
I'm in the Paramus area and will be riding locally this week.  If Sunday is  a nice day then I may request off work and we can go for a longer ride.  Where are you located?

chickenchickendinner
any members down to meet up and ride sometime? weather is getting really nice!!
I'm in the Paramus area and will be riding locally this week.  If Sunday is  a nice day then I may request off work and we can go for a longer ride.  Where are you located?
I live in Northern NJ but i attend school in newark.

chickenchickendinner
I'm in north jersey also. Looks like the weather is finally getting better. Add me to your list
Sweet! we should all get together and ride!

anyone from ocean county NJ?
Damn you are way down there. lol  But no reason we cant meet up sometime.  Would love to organize a ride with everyone from Jersey.

Word ocean county is south jersey. Makes a good trip from the north though. How's this Sunday looking for people?

Edit: typo

dentalprodigy

South Jersey(cherry hill). Busy this weekend but free the following weekend.

I'm busy this weekend as I have midterms coming up. My spring break starts the 19th. So if the weather is good we can setup a ride for the 20th.

chickenchickendinner
I'm busy this weekend as I have midterms coming up. My spring break starts the 19th. So if the weather is good we can setup a ride for the 20th.
the 19th??....what school do you got to if you don't mind telling? 

@chickenchickendinner One of my friends goes there and I'm thinking about transferring to NJIT for this fall. And wait, you're selling your bike?

chickenchickendinner
@chickenchickendinner One of my friends goes there and I'm thinking about transferring to NJIT for this fall. And wait, you're selling your bike?
NJIT is not bad at all. I wouldn't mind selling my bike if someone is interested in it, until then i'm keeping it haha. What have you done to your bike? I've just installed an Akro  full exhaust, LED front and back turn signals, LED headlights, adjusted chain slack, adjusted the throttle cable, and side bars. I have the side plate painted black but i want to get it powder coated sometaime next week.

@chickenchickendinner I haven't done too much but here's the list: brake reservoir relocate, fender eliminator, plasti-dip the front plastic pieces red, plasti-dip the side plate black with the circle cutout red, fenda extenda in the front, radiator guard, frame sliders, bottom light in headlight is red.

Currently doing (as I write this lol): LED switchback lights in the scoops - soldering the wires today.

Future: Termignoni Exhaust, HID Headlight.

Dude dont sell the bike :'(   lol

chickenchickendinner
@chickenchickendinner I haven't done too much but here's the list: brake reservoir relocate, fender eliminator, plasti-dip the front plastic pieces red, plasti-dip the side plate black with the circle cutout red, fenda extenda in the front, radiator guard, frame sliders, bottom light in headlight is red. 
Currently doing (as I write this lol): LED switchback lights in the scoops - soldering the wires today.

Future: Termignoni Exhaust, HID Headlight.

Dude dont sell the bike :'(   lol
I probably won't haha... Lets go for a ride sometime, my school isn't too far from Bergen county 

Archived