The MT-07 Forum

other forums? ? ?

snookdude

• Premium Member

To be fair the administrator of this forum (@admin) pays for the hosting of it out of his own pockets, the cost of which is supplemented by "premium memberships" which basically is "donate if you want whatever you want" and from supporting vendors. To store photos in a database requires storage space, and storage space costs money. Most people store their photos elsewhere online, so it is actually more efficient (if albeit the slightest bit of an inconvenience). The ability to simply attach a photo (which gets stored in the database for this forum) was identified as a simple way to differentiate between normal forum users and those who choose to donate to keep the forum going -- an additional incentive, as it were. Regardless, the forum is still the best source of info on our bikes out there. You can try finding other forums but they aren't as well populated or as active

Guest unknown
Jsust wondering if yall had found other forums to communicate with. Most of the posts I see would normally have a pic attached, but in this forum you have to pay money for it to be a simple thing to attach a pic . Otherwise u have to go through the process of using another site to post pic's.

Seems a bit cumbersome to me.

After 20 years of simply clicking and posting to a thread, it seems bit silly to go through a "process " to post a pic.
Especially when we are trying to share information to make our lives easier and safer.

Just my thoughts.
Ummmmm wow. What forums are you using that offer free photo hosting? You do know that you don't have to pay money to post an imgur photo right? In this day in age when there are so many easy free hosting sites why you would want to waste the resources of a man that is hosting this site at a loss? The age of entitlement astounds me... 

snookdude, a simple search will answer your question. I was in another forum last year. One member, Guru, let me know the existence of the FZ07.org. Much better forum. As Cruizin said, it takes a lot of time to maintain a good forum as this one.

Look around and choose what fit to you.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I've always had to use photobucket or tinypic to post to forums ever since I can remember. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. As mentioned before though, it is also free and free of ads (much appreciated Cruizin).

• Premium Member

The pure ignorance coming from your post should be on display for everyone to see!

I've never had any problems posting pics using my iPhone via Tapatalk app that also keeps me connected with many of my other favorite forums. Great app.

• Premium Member

Yes there are other forums, but as stated they are not as populated or as active.
I made a donation with no expectation. I have run my own forums and I know they cost money to run.
Photobucket is free.

There are mainly 3 fz07 forums. 1 has a majority of mt07 owners. This has the majority of fz07 owners. And the other fz07 forum gets about 2 or 3 posts a day if they are lucky and as far as I know have been around as long as this place. I'm not naming names.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

It is common for me, in other forums spread across a variety of interests, to first have to post the pic at another site and then link to it. So I do not agree with the OP's premise.

bmwpowere36m3

I've always posted to either photobucket or flickr... That said there are forums out there that allow you to upload pics at no "cost". Those forums also have thousands of members, are large sites and have advertising.

Archived