The MT-07 Forum

sidrael's awesome & amazing FZ07 !

sidrael

I am now the proud owner of an fz07.. now to learn to ride. LOL I am such a nerd. But I have always loved bikes. Never thought I would be riding one. but soon. very soon. teasers for now.

Gk3hnb2.jpg

WSURgkM.jpg

PfuGJJ9.jpg

UxUvEcP.jpg

ychX0nO.jpg

6vm7c65.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Congratulations and welcome to the fold. I updated your production number in this thread.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome to the form. In addition to adding your production number remember to vote for your favorite color and add yourself to the Map!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

PS, Take the MSF Basic rider course if you haven't done so already.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

Welcome! Great color choice!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

missourifz07

@sidrael, wow were did you find that amazingly clean looking used FZ07. And with that carbon exhaust, dang!! I think it looked better in my garage though ;) Just kidding, hope you love her!!

• Global Moderator
@sidrael, wow were did you find that amazingly clean looking used FZ07. And with that carbon exhaust, dang!! I think it looked better in my garage though ;) Just kidding, hope you love her!!
Gratz Sidrael on your buy. Welcome to the community.  Missouri? how could you let such a beauty go? Its not red, but still good looking.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I love it so far. I have not got to take her on a full spin yet. Gotta get my tags, which means vin inspection, and have MSF this weekend. However I have gotten the garage cleaned out so she has a real spot now.

Next on the list

1. Fender Eliminator
2. GoPro and mount etc.
3. who knows!

missourifz07

Remember to check out Ryans fender eliminators here on the forum. He does good work. I think he can fix you up with blinkers too if you're interested. Glad she has her own spot in the garage now ;)

OMG, that horrible, slow color! (mine is white ;) ) Nice bike and welcome! Just don't put any Hello Kitty stickers on it. (I.J.)

Beemer

I love it so far. I have not got to take her on a full spin yet. Gotta get my tags, which means vin inspection, and have MSF this weekend. However I have gotten the garage cleaned out so she has a real spot now. 
Next on the list

1. Fender Eliminator
2. GoPro and mount etc.
3. who knows!
Make sure to check out our fender eliminator give away!  Only one day left to enter! :) 

http://fz07.org/thread/2186/vagabond-motorsports-giveaway-fender-eliminator

$5 discount on all of our products with code: FZ07-FIVE!
www.vagabondmotorsports.com
Always free domestic shipping!

SO passed MSF with 6 points (faults) need 20 or less to pass out of a total of 53. 5 were from putting feet down on a uturn. Super tight slow turn.. where almost anyone would just walk their bike anyway. It's doable but mostly not needed. eventually as I get more comfortable I am sure I could do it.

Now to just get the license on Tuesday (Stupid DMV not being open mondays). And then Tag the bike Tuesday.

• Global Moderator
SO passed MSF with 6 points (faults) need 20 or less to pass out of a total of 53. 5 were from putting feet down on a uturn. Super tight slow turn.. where almost anyone would just walk their bike anyway. It's doable but mostly not needed. eventually as I get more comfortable I am sure I could do it.  
Now to just get the license on Tuesday (Stupid DMV not being open mondays). And then Tag the bike Tuesday.
Gratz on the pass. Get those tags, get out on the road and RIDE!!! 

Well she is tagged and she is road worthy now.. however heading over to get it tagged. I accidentally popped the clutch... wheelp. I held the wheelie (super slow one) and came down and had to much momentum and fell over to the side. Bike is barely scratched I am perfectly fine.. but hey I knew it was gonna be dropped. Everyone does it. SO now that its out of the way things are much better. drove the rest of the way through town after inspecting the bike. got the inspection done. went over got it tagged. went and got a couple teas to throw in the backpack and now Im home. gonna relax a while then go back and ride around getting more and more comfortable.

What REALLY happened was a little scared lost orphan ran in front of me. I had to think fast I swerved and went off road launching over a pool with a hungry shark landing, but I had to much speed. I had to lay the bike down to narrowly avoid the pit of lava..... sounds about right.

Only thing is my forearm muscle is really tight and makes my hand twitchy where I fell. but nothing is broke and if I would of had the inner liner in my jacket I don't think I would even be scratched.

55tJIub.jpg
BP3Mf2g.jpg
lp3gKsf.jpg
upG2E3l.jpg
l1YLAaY.jpg

missourifz07

Glad you're ok and nice job on dodging the orphan, shark, and lava!! Lol

• Global Moderator

I weep for the beauty besmirched by the grimy asphalt. also, glad you're ok.
I know the feeling. I've dropped mine twice, fist time was avoiding an idiot cager in the mall parking lot. second time, im embarrassed to say i didn't lube the kickstand well enough. thing stuck at 90* not wanting to take the weight of the bike. at least you had the slider to take the worst of the damage

cherenkovblu3

Beautiful bike, hurts to see the exhaust scrapped ilke that. Glad you're ok, dropped mine myself couple weeks ago. what jacket were you wearing? Just curious, seeing scuffed skin has me thinking about how well my mesh jacket would hold up in a real accident. Cant wait to see some videos once you get your GoPro!

• Premium Member

Yeah, that lava is treacherous!

Glad you're ok. And the bike for the most part.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Beautiful bike, hurts to see the exhaust scrapped ilke that. Glad you're ok, dropped mine myself couple weeks ago. what jacket were you wearing? Just curious, seeing scuffed skin has me thinking about how well my mesh jacket would hold up in a real accident. Cant wait to see some videos once you get your GoPro!
I was wearing a cheap Bilt Mesh jacket with the liner zipped out. The mesh is perfectly fine. but the inside to let air through is more mesh.. so the mesh can play havok on your skin. I would definitely recommend leather if you can find a good jacket to fit.. My size is so awkward big boy that its hard to find a good leather jacket. I may have to get a custom one, but I am also actively losing weight.... soooo kind of stuck on what to do. certainly not made of money. 
On another note I bought a Tail Tidy today, a Gold reflective Pinlock ready Face shield for my HJC IS-Max 2. a Yellow pinlock insert to help with fog. and some ebay adjustable levers. Hoping bringing levers in will help with my short fingers and making it less likely that i pop the clutch as the engage point is 3/4 the way out on the clutch. So many things to do.

I am going to look at buying a GoPro soon. and what I am thinking is doing a different kind of moto Vlog. where I just go ride and then commentate afterwords over the footage. Mainly because I dont want to be distracted while riding.

• Premium Member

Ouch! Thank you frame sliders. Could have been worse! (That's why I really don't think the FZ-07 is the best beginners bike).

Why can't left turners see us?

I can certainly see why a 250 or 300 would be better. You really need to work on clutch control. Be patient and take your time. I haven't had as much of an issue since then had about 3 hours roughly since then but still need better clutch control. I will give my opinion when I get my new clutch levers but I think those will really make a difference for me.

So here are a few more of the bike when its lighter outside. weather has been all over the place but riding as much as I can including in the rain the other day. So far my shifting has gotten tons better. and the tail tidy by Ryan is GREAT! Only thing I am having issues with anymore is death gripping the throttle. My hand it getting fatigued really easily and I need to stop. I have been casually riding around and focusing on not doing it as much. but its still getting kinda bad. My hand gets kinda numb. Any suggestions?

STYteAn.jpg
Q9K11Dy.jpg
niUwNXl.jpg

• Premium Member
So here are a few more of the bike when its lighter outside. weather has been all over the place but riding as much as I can including in the rain the other day. So far my shifting has gotten tons better. and the tail tidy by Ryan is GREAT! Only thing I am having issues with anymore is death gripping the throttle. My hand it getting fatigued really easily and I need to stop. I have been casually riding around and focusing on not doing it as much. but its still getting kinda bad. My hand gets kinda numb. Any suggestions? 

I've mentioned it in a couple threads, but I've had great success with Grip Puppies.  They are cheap, removable, once installed they stay put, way easier than changing grips, and they are a welcome relief for my hand problems (multiple dislocations and fractures from bicycle racing, a broken steel pin in my thumb joint). With Grip Puppies and a throttle lock, and practicing different grips (two finger throttle first, two finger lever first), I can manage very well.
Oh, BTW, your bike looks great! :)

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived