The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

• Premium Member

Retired my HJC-RPHA-Max after only 3 short seasons because I just couldnt resist that stunning wine red Shoei Neotec. Cant  say enough about how lovely this lid is both in fit and finish, this stock pic just doesnt do it's colour justice. Its so pretty Im torn over adding any reflective pin striping.  "Everyone" seems to complain about the stock35mm cheek-pads and I concur, the 31mm pads are the perfect fit. Worth every penny.

[attachment id=2475" thumbnail="1]

...and Happy B-Day @beemer (whenever the hell that is).  Maybe go a little lighter than ol Snoop is here. ;)
[attachment id=2476" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8ebc1076205559f12dfc5a10cf7d4048.jpg
how do you like the frost color?
I actually like it. Even better than the icon ghost carbon I have. That arai finish seems like it will last longer (bugs, rocks etc)

8ebc1076205559f12dfc5a10cf7d4048.jpg
Is it true what they say about the sun visor or will it jerk your head back at speed if you tilt your head too much the wrong way? I've used helmets in the past with sun visors like that and I really liked how they kept the sun out of your eyes but they weren't designed to prevent neck snap. Seems a little pricey as well but I would buy one just for the visor. I can't stand direct sunlight in the eyes.
I keep reading and hearing about the visor catching wind on dual sport helmets. So, like what any good citizenwould do, I got up to about 90 mph (didn't wanna break my neck going faster just yet) and lifted my head up, and to my surprise, there was no noticeable pull back. I know arai has spent a lot of time engineering their helmets. And from what I understand, everything on that helmet is built to break off or snap off. So i figured the visor would snap off before my neck did.
You should go try one on! They are pretty f'n nice. But then again, they better be for that price.

Is it true what they say about the sun visor or will it jerk your head back at speed if you tilt your head too much the wrong way? I've used helmets in the past with sun visors like that and I really liked how they kept the sun out of your eyes but they weren't designed to prevent neck snap. Seems a little pricey as well but I would buy one just for the visor. I can't stand direct sunlight in the eyes.
I keep reading and hearing about the visor catching wind on dual sport helmets. So, like what any good citizenwould do, I got up to about 90 mph (didn't wanna break my neck going faster just yet) and lifted my head up, and to my surprise, there was no noticeable pull back. I know arai has spent a lot of time engineering their helmets. And from what I understand, everything on that helmet is built to break off or snap off. So i figured the visor would snap off before my neck did. You should go try one on! They are pretty f'n nice. But then again, they better be for that price.

I'm with you on this one. Took it to Knotts Island. 140ish on the speedo (once). Slight pullback. That's it.

hugson2wheels

Shoei RF1200 Valkyrie with photochromic visor and pin lock insert. Love it! 

shoei_rf1200_valkyrie_tc10_black_red_white_rollover.jpg

upload images

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

• 6 months later...

pumpkin.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Scorpion EXO R710

It's not on SHARP'S list yet, but it's DOT, Snell 2015 and I believe ECE certified.

scorpion_exor710_focus_helmet_750x750.jpg

On 10/31/2017 at 4:29 PM, VertigoTX said:

HJC IS-17 in White.  DOT and ECE ratings, plus it gets 5 star SHARP rating.  Figured it was a good entry level helmet.  

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/hjc-is-17/

http://a.co/hRjdgYl

image.png.c9b2741b4e9ad3c10114e50c82b6d48e.png

These are far better helmets than most people realize, I think. I've got a IS-16 that's going on 5 years old. Ridden twelve months out of the year and has seen every kind of weather there is. It's not my only helmet, but I must have at least 50k miles on that lid. Everything still looks and fits like new. Absolutely wonderful helmets. HJC is underrated IMO. 

Shoei 1200 series. Nice mid priced helmet , good noise filtering so not super loud , decent flow. Kinda a “if you could only have 1 helmet “ helmet . 

Archived