The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

• Global Moderator

My latest and greatest is a Shark Evoline S3.
It is a modular but actually has the ability to ride open because the chin bar flips all the way to the back. 
I am finding myself driving open faced more then I thought. Only bad weather and high speed makes me close it all the way.

I love it. Here a picture

shark.gif

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

I have an HJC full face helmet. I like the enclosed helmet. It makes me feel safer.

If I wanted the open face option yours looks like a good one. I like the gray accents.

I use a Bell RS-1 for street. It is highvis and I also use the Transitions shield which goes from clear to dark tint depending on how much sun is out at any given time, like the transitions glasses. I like it alot because I don't have to change shields as the sun comes out or away.

This helmet drafts in alot of air, which is only good in the summer.

• Global Moderator

I did not know they made transition visors. I will have to look for one of those.

I have put some reflective stickers on my black helmet to make it a bit more visible. My next helmet will be brighter.

Guest brickst3r

I was gonna get the bell star carbon too before i decided to get the agv. But I think i will eventually get one with just the plain carbon. The transition shield was something i really wanted too. I bought a smoked screen for my helmet and it's gonna suck when i have to keep changing it out at night.

I used to go with Dark helmets. And then i quit street riding and focused mostly on MX and track bikes for almost 20 years. Now that I'm back on the street, I noticed that the high vis helmet does do alot of good. Cars notice me better now. they dont pull out in front of me as much as they used to.

I have a Shoei RF-1200 in matte black. It is a great fit and it is also very light. Pain in the neck to keep clean on the outside. Inside it's easier, as the "innards" are removable.
I have high vis strips and patterns on my jacket. Having that on the helmet too is probably extra "insurance". Something to think about when getting the next one :)

Bell RS-1. Had an AGV K3 which compared to my Bell feels like a card board box protecting my noggin.

Shoei GT-Air. My Arai Astral-X was as good as the Gt-Air and was less expensive. Tha Astral-x was replaced by the Vector (also owned) then replaced by the Vector 2 (the shape is slightly changed). Seems to me that it's more difficult to find a good helmet for my head shape because i have more comparo with times. Who wants a new helmet taht is not as good or better than the previous one?

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I have an HJC RPHA-10. Great helmet in virtually every way. The only helmet I've ever owned that I would rank as being better than that any other helmet I've owned except for one:  My old Shark RSR2.  And it's one of the only ones I've ever owned that actually creates a good seal when the visor is closed.  My only problem with it is that the venting on it was designed with the idea in mind that you're going to be in a tuck. When you sit upright, like you would on an 09 or 07, you get a lot of unwanted noise from the air hitting the vents at an odd angle.

• Premium Member

Depends on what bike i'm riding and what my mood is.

Fulmer V2.

5044974402_8af1e3c7be_b.jpg

Icon Alliance SSR:

helmet1.jpg

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Scorpion exo1100 for the cold and wet
HJC CS-R1 for the hot weather and short errands
HJC IS Max II modular for 2up and group rides

Looking at the ICON armada or airframe to replace the CS-R1.......

RRokay Raggie

• Premium Member

The Airframe is beautiful, I like the white with carbon fiber.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
This shoei gt air right here lol

That's a nice helmet. I like the old school look. I almost bought the exact same one when I was shopping for a new one a couple of months ago. I tried it on and the fit and finish was great, but price was holding me back. I ended up with my Shark.

I've got this one .. G-Max 54s .. modular with the built in LED.  The G-Max is the noisier of the two, but looks really well made and comfy.

IMG_20140726_093725_zps763a39dc.jpg[/url]

and this Icon .. full face.

IMG_20140725_064659_zpsf8e37a1d.jpg[/url]

Archived