The MT-07 Forum

So, what helmet do you guys wear?

Guru

Killafornia

It looks much better with a dark smoked visor. jumyqynu.jpg I don't know why I dont see a lot of red helmets.
I have the Phantasm paint scheme but where can i get a dark visor like that? That also supports the pinlock thingy from preventing fogging?
Yes it does have the pinlock insert. Get it from revzilla.com so you dont have to pay tax, or Cycle Gear if u wanna buy it locally. I think your helmet will look better with the chrome mirror, its $30 more though.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of ads for the fz-07 features the shark raw or any variation of a helmet with goggles. I myself not only wears the XD4, but I also wear a TLD air without the peak and Oakley goggles. Opinions on just cool factor vs safety?

• Global Moderator

More cool than safe I would think. It's something people in Europe wear in an urban environment. You see them a lot in France, also because Shark is made there.

I never really saw the point in the Grom, i mean except for midgets under 4 foot 10 it's basically a glorified tricycle. I mean what does it have like 10 hp? And a ridiculously uncomfortable seat? Like what could have possibly interested you asaulo about that honda thing?
you should ride it and see... it's just too much fun.... here's a quick video when we were doing some canyon runs on the grom 

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Global Moderator

Being off topic... I think a Grom is all about not giving a F$^ck and having fun. Sure, it's not fast and it looks awkward, but who cares. I remember having a great time on my 50cc Yamaha FS1 when I was 16. I think a Grom is hilarious, in a good way. I'd love one, just for the heck of it.

If everything goes as plan on Monday, I should be good to go on the skully pre order lol

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

I think I am getting a Shark Vancore from Europe. It's like a Raw, but has front crash protection. Looks like an mx helmet with quick strap goggles.

I just picked up a Bell RS-1 for pretty cheap. Wanted the Icon Airmada but just could pass up the deal on the Bell. Overall like it so far just hope it lessens up a little as I wear it. Next will be the photochromatic lens.

Has anyone tried the Speed and Strength Spin Doctor Helmet? I would love to have one for when I am staying in the city.  

I just watched the Revzilla review of that helmet.
For $200 that helmet has a ton of features.

The only thing I don't like is that it is convertible. I slammed my chin real hard in a wreck and I will never wear anything but a full face. I worry about whether or not the removable piece would be able to protect you enough.

• Premium Member

Arai Defiant. From my first motorcycle nearly 30 years ago (and crash in which an Arai saved my life) I've never wore anything other than Arai. The safety, fit, finish, and comfort really is some of the best available. When professional racers at the highest level actually pay out of their own pocket to wear an Arai, that should tell you something.

What I like about Arai is that they have different helmets for different head shapes, so there is almost always a helmet in their line up that will fit perfect.

The new Defiant was based of their popular RX-Q, but tailored for naked bike riders, and I can tell you it works. It was made for the straight up to 3/4 riding position, and the venting works best in those positions. It flows A TON of air, more than any Arai I've worn before, all while being actually quieter. No annoying whistling with vents open, etc. The shape also supports naked bike riding with what they call a hyper ridge. Basically, it keeps you head stable at speed for bikes without fairings. With my old Arai Quantum F on my SV650 my neck would be strained on the highway just to keep my head from moving about. Not so with the Defiant. Perfectly comfortable at speed.

Might be worth a look if you are constantly fighting wind buffeting with your current helmet.

:)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator

I like my Bell RS-1 at freeway speeds. It is very stable. My old helmet (an HJC CL-15) wanted to lift if I tilted my head back at all. The Bell does not. It seems happy at any head position.

agv blade have 3 of them in the family kind of a sporty half helmet love around town but highway is  a little tough need a full face for high speed

Gonna pick up a new Arai RX-Q to replace the Shoei RF1100 I've been using for the last year. The Arai feels way more comfortable for my head shape then the RF. I'm just bummed it took me a year to learn this :(

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

• Global Moderator
GT-Air_Wanderer_TC-6.jpgThis shoei gt air right here lol
I bought the exact same helmet today! 

GT-Air_Wanderer_TC-6.jpgThis shoei gt air right here lol
I bought the exact same helmet today! 

Bought it a few weeks ago. Very satisfied. I don't use often the sun visor, but it's a nice feature.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator

I just took the helmet out for a test ride and all I can say is WOW! This is the best helmet I have ever had. Light, quite, good venting, I love it !!!

Archived