The MT-07 Forum

Removed passenger pegs, now I want to fill the holes.

rowdy

• Premium Member

So, I bought the Vagabond Sports brake reservoir relocation kit, and removed the rear pillion pegs.
I love the even more naked look, but I now have two open bolt holes on either side of the bike (it looks just like the pictures in the ebay link above).
I'd like to fill in the holes with some silver or blue anodized aluminum bolts with hex heads.  Anyone got any ideas where I might get some (and the size needed)?

Why can't left turners see us?

pantheraleo

I just put the stock ones back....

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member

Actually, after thinking about it, the bolts sticking out a bit might not be bad. A place to hook bungee cords for strapping things to the bike?

[edit]  No, they look too far forward to do any good.

• Premium Member
Home depot or a ace hardware. Black oxide washers.

Good suggestion, I would just do this.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I just picked up some blue anodized bolts and washers from Pro-Bolt.
I think they will look pretty cool, but we'll see.

pantheraleo
I just picked up some blue anodized bolts and washers from Pro-Bolt. I think they will look pretty cool, but we'll see.
How about a link, rowdy?

• Premium Member
I just picked up some blue anodized bolts and washers from Pro-Bolt. I think they will look pretty cool, but we'll see.
How about a link, rowdy?
Bolts Washers

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
Actually, after thinking about it, the bolts sticking out a bit might not be bad. A place to hook bungee cords for strapping things to the bike? 
[edit]  No, they look too far forward to do any good.

they might be a good place for a lift point.  carry a piece of dockline in your tank bag and if you ever need to service the rear wheel while on the road, you can toss the line over a good strong tree limb and use a truckers hitch to hold the bike up. having a friend in these scenarios helps. 
it sounds a little whacky but i have some rear lift-points on my sportster and they've come in handy twice while traveling.

i'm going to pull my passenger pegs off this weekend, and hopefully find some d-rings that can be mounted in those frame-holes.

-HowWorkClutch

rotaryryan24

holy crap 64 bucks for two small pieces of aluminum, there is less than 4 bucks in total cost.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Actually, you sond genuinely suprised that they are that much, I think I mis interpreted that message. Sorry about that if you saw it.

rotaryryan24
holy crap 64 bucks for two small pieces of aluminum, there is less than 4 bucks in total cost.
Sorry. He was just asking for suggestions and I gave him one. I didn't even say he needed to buy it. He could use it as a reference for a design he makes. Don't jump on a person for trying to give suggestions for something someone asks about please. If you think it's too expensive, just say so. No need to make me feel like an idiot for posting that.

You got me wrong, I wasn't jumping on you at all, I was just amazed that evotech thinks that highly of themselves.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

Sorry. He was just asking for suggestions and I gave him one. I didn't even say he needed to buy it. He could use it as a reference for a design he makes. Don't jump on a person for trying to give suggestions for something someone asks about please. If you think it's too expensive, just say so. No need to make me feel like an idiot for posting that.
You got me wrong, I wasn't jumping on you at all, I was just amazed that evotech thinks that highly of themselves.
Ryan, 
Those are actually more fairly priced than some of their competitors.  The R&G plates are about 90 bucks.

Its...ridiculous...

pantheraleo
Sounds like an opportunity for someone skilled with these sorts of things....

rotaryryan24

I think I'll look into doing something, maybe even a helmet lock for the left side.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

pantheraleo
I think I'll look into doing something, maybe even a helmet lock for the left side.
Based on your work I've already got installed on my bike, I'm interested at seeing what you come up with.

I would immediately buy a helmet lock from you ryan. Idk if you could make it work with leaving the pegs on though as I ride with a passenger.

THIS ^^^^^^^^ 
I would race to order this bro

• Premium Member
THIS ^^^^^^^^ 
I would race to order this bro
this

Archived